Start by marking “The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Hot Air Baboons” as Want to Read:
The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Hot Air Baboons

The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Hot Air Baboons (The Flying Beaver Brothers #5)

In the fifth adventure of this popular young graphic-novel series perfect for fans of Captain Underpants and the Lunch Lady series, our bucktoothed heroes are up against a band of baboon bandits.

It’s winter break, and Ace and Bub are hitting the slopes! But their ski session is interrupted by a sudden influx of . . . swimming pools? A band of enterprising baboons has gra
Published August 5th 2014 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

Be the first to ask a question about The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Hot Air Baboons

Katie Lawrence
Sep 05, 2015 Katie Lawrence rated it really liked it
I love this series. The books are quick reads and awfully silly too. Each one has a nice environmental message imbedded in the plot which astute readers might pick up on. I love Eaton's illustrative style and Ace & Bub are heroes you can't help but root for. I have purchased the entire series for my library and am sure my students will love them!
Sara Grochowski
Things are heating up - literally - on Beaver Island. Brothers Ace and Bub take on three baboons, Pete, Kyle, and Ringo, who show up on the island with a shady offer and dubious intentions. Armed with Easy Breeze, a giant hair dryer, the baboons promise to melt all the snow on Beaver Island, creating swimming pools for all. In return, they'll just take a teensy bit of the water to use on Baboon Island. They claim it's no big deal, but Ace and Bub aren't so sure. When Captain Jojo, the mole who n ...more
Cara
Jun 11, 2015 Cara rated it liked it
Shelves: nkyclear
The book seems appropriate for grades second through fourth. I read the book in fifteen minutes and I feel like it was fast paced, humorous, and very easy to read. There was little violence and a few jokes. I could see this book being checked out by children ages seven through twelve who enjoy animals, humor, comic books, and action. This graphic novel has very little dialog, and the cartoon illustrations have a color scheme of gray and pink. The book is the fifth in the series but can be read w ...more
Haley Hoenke
Oct 29, 2016 Haley Hoenke rated it really liked it
#reading
Gavin Flint
Apr 20, 2016 Gavin Flint rated it it was amazing
Eaton, M. (2104). The flying beaver brothers and the hot-air baboons. New York, NY: Alfred A Knopf.

Review
Part of a children’s graphic novel series, the Flying Beaver Brothers and the Hot-air Baboons show the beaver brothers, Ace and Bub, dealing with the arrival of a trio of baboons hoping to turn Beaver Island’s snow into a giant lake simply for the beavers to gain a new swimming pool. However the beaver brothers think something is up with the Baboon’s generosity and with the help of an old en
Samantha
My favorite Beaver adventure yet! I love all the dialogue in this volume; it's super snarky and begs to be read aloud, very funny!

Beaver Island is in trouble again as the baboons from Baboon Island are scheming to steal water from the beavers in order to support their water park oasis. They erect a giant hairdryer to melt ther snow caps on Beaver Island and build a dam all the while promising the beavers that they will create swimming pools and improve their environment at virtually no cost.

Capt
Alex Gagliano
Jul 18, 2016 Alex Gagliano rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This is the 5th book in Eaton's series, "The Flying Beaver Brothers." In this graphic novel, Ace and Bub realize that their ski slopes are melting right before their eyes. They must figure out who has done it. To their surprise, it is a group of baboons and they have a plan. Eaton gives the reader many pictures to help tell the story. It is very similar to his other books in the series. Students interested in graphic novels will love this book, along with The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Crazy ...more
Library
In this volume, the Beaver Brothers must stop baboons are melting the snow on the island. Previous book villains Captain Jojo, the mole and the Penguins named Bob make appearances and help the brothers on their adventure. The story is fast paced with much hilarious dialogue. Though I still do not enjoy Captain Jojo, I have enjoyed the presence of the characters from earlier stories in the series and references to their plot.
Amanda Curless
Mar 18, 2016 Amanda Curless rated it liked it
Shelves: royal-clear-ccpl
The book seems appropriate for grades first through third. I read the book in fifteen minutes and I feel like it was fast paced, humorous, and very easy to read. There was little violence and a few jokes. I could see this book being checked out by children ages seven through twelve who enjoy animals, humor, comic books, and action. It is very much like a comic book and has very little dialog. The book is the fifth in the series but can be read without reading the first four.

Debra
Another fun adventure with the Flying Beaver Brothers. They set out to enjoy a winter adventure with skis and SUDDENLY there is no snow, only water puddles. WHAT?
The baboons PR promo is that they are just providing the island with swimming pools and only taking a little water to use on their own land. But Captain Jojo arrives to help make the baboon problem go away. (I like his truthful reasons behind helping.) Together they save the island once again.
Bethe
Oct 29, 2014 Bethe rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
cute, fun, 5th book in the Flying Beaver Brothers series - I need to read the others, think this will be a big hit for the beginning graphic novel reader as it is generally a reading level below Babymouse and Squish. Takes a long while to get to the joke in the title of the hot air baboons. Love the sound effects from Ace and Bub, and the penguin that just says Ka.
Sarah Hay
Jun 22, 2015 Sarah Hay rated it it was ok
Shelves: j, j-graphic-novel
Grade 1-3 graphic novel, might also be good for older low level readers. I was a little confused when one character used the wrong names for the 'evil baboons,' perhaps that was intentional, but it was a little confusing and really didn't make any difference in the plot.
Mel Burdick
May 03, 2016 Mel Burdick rated it it was amazing
This book was hilarious. I laughed out loud at the deadpan jokes and goofy dialogue. I can't wait to read the other beaver brothers books. This would be a great book for mid-upper-elementary reluctant readers.
Dolores
Sep 10, 2014 Dolores rated it really liked it
Ace and Bub are back, this time facing down baboons with designs on their water supply. (The Easy Breeze was a hoot!) Another silly, fun-filled adventure on Beaver Island.
Nicola Mansfield
Nov 26, 2015 Nicola Mansfield rated it did not like it
One of the baboons keeps getting his named changed from Ringo to Bono, which little kids are not going to get. Sigh! Let's just leave it at not impressed. ...more
Zohar
Jan 10, 2016 Zohar added it
Shelves: fun, graphic_novel
Two beaver brothers protect the waters of the beaver island from big bad baboons! It has funny scenes, funny characters and funny bad guys!
B
Feb 09, 2015 B rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These just crack me up. Now Ace and Bub have to deal with nefarious Baboons and their big, blowdryer machine. A great dinner time read.
Milo
Milo rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2015
Keagan
Keagan rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2016
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2015
Denise
Aug 10, 2016 Denise rated it liked it
E read to me.
Kate
Kate rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016
A
A rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2014
George C
George C rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Brooke
Brooke rated it it was ok
Oct 12, 2014
Snow
Snow rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2014
Moni Smith
Moni Smith rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2016
Vossenkj
Vossenkj rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2015
Jellybean
Jellybean rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

The Flying Beaver Brothers (6 books)
  • The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Evil Penguin Plan