Start by marking “The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Hot Air Baboons” as Want to Read:
The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Hot Air Baboons

The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Hot Air Baboons (The Flying Beaver Brothers #5)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  11 reviews
In the fifth adventure of this popular young graphic-novel series perfect for fans of Captain Underpants and the Lunch Lady series, our bucktoothed heroes are up against a band of baboon bandits.

It’s winter break, and Ace and Bub are hitting the slopes! But their ski session is interrupted by a sudden influx of . . . swimming pools? A band of enterprising baboons has gra
Published August 5th 2014 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

Be the first to ask a question about The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Hot Air Baboons

Cara
The book seems appropriate for grades second through fourth. I read the book in fifteen minutes and I feel like it was fast paced, humorous, and very easy to read. There was little violence and a few jokes. I could see this book being checked out by children ages seven through twelve who enjoy animals, humor, comic books, and action. This graphic novel has very little dialog, and the cartoon illustrations have a color scheme of gray and pink. The book is the fifth in the series but can be read w ...more
Sara Grochowski
Things are heating up - literally - on Beaver Island. Brothers Ace and Bub take on three baboons, Pete, Kyle, and Ringo, who show up on the island with a shady offer and dubious intentions. Armed with Easy Breeze, a giant hair dryer, the baboons promise to melt all the snow on Beaver Island, creating swimming pools for all. In return, they'll just take a teensy bit of the water to use on Baboon Island. They claim it's no big deal, but Ace and Bub aren't so sure. When Captain Jojo, the mole who n ...more
Samantha
My favorite Beaver adventure yet! I love all the dialogue in this volume; it's super snarky and begs to be read aloud, very funny!

Beaver Island is in trouble again as the baboons from Baboon Island are scheming to steal water from the beavers in order to support their water park oasis. They erect a giant hairdryer to melt ther snow caps on Beaver Island and build a dam all the while promising the beavers that they will create swimming pools and improve their environment at virtually no cost.

Capt
Library
In this volume, the Beaver Brothers must stop baboons are melting the snow on the island. Previous book villains Captain Jojo, the mole and the Penguins named Bob make appearances and help the brothers on their adventure. The story is fast paced with much hilarious dialogue. Though I still do not enjoy Captain Jojo, I have enjoyed the presence of the characters from earlier stories in the series and references to their plot.
Bethe
cute, fun, 5th book in the Flying Beaver Brothers series - I need to read the others, think this will be a big hit for the beginning graphic novel reader as it is generally a reading level below Babymouse and Squish. Takes a long while to get to the joke in the title of the hot air baboons. Love the sound effects from Ace and Bub, and the penguin that just says Ka.
Amanda
The book seems appropriate for grades first through third. I read the book in fifteen minutes and I feel like it was fast paced, humorous, and very easy to read. There was little violence and a few jokes. I could see this book being checked out by children ages seven through twelve who enjoy animals, humor, comic books, and action. It is very much like a comic book and has very little dialog. The book is the fifth in the series but can be read without reading the first four.

Dolores
Ace and Bub are back, this time facing down baboons with designs on their water supply. (The Easy Breeze was a hoot!) Another silly, fun-filled adventure on Beaver Island.
B
These just crack me up. Now Ace and Bub have to deal with nefarious Baboons and their big, blowdryer machine. A great dinner time read.
kim
still adorable, but the plot's similar in each book
Jill
A great addition to the Flying Beaver Brothers series!
Sarah Hay
Grade 1-3 graphic novel, might also be good for older low level readers. I was a little confused when one character used the wrong names for the 'evil baboons,' perhaps that was intentional, but it was a little confusing and really didn't make any difference in the plot.
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Anthony Filipi
Anthony Filipi marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Dominic
Dominic marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Ariah
Ariah added it
Jun 26, 2015
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Maggi Rohde
Maggi Rohde marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

The Flying Beaver Brothers (6 books)
  • The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Evil Penguin Plan
  • The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Fishy Business
  • The Flying Beaver Brothers: Birds vs. Bunnies
  • The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Mud-Slinging Moles
  • The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Crazy Critter Race
The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Evil Penguin Plan The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Fishy Business Okay, Andy! The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Mud-Slinging Moles The Flying Beaver Brothers: Birds vs. Bunnies