Start by marking “Ares and the Spear of Fear (Heroes in Training, #7)” as Want to Read:
Ares and the Spear of Fear (Heroes in Training, #7)

Ares and the Spear of Fear (Heroes in Training #7)

Ares, Zeus, and the other Olympians encounter a huge snake and a sharp challenge in this Heroes in Training adventure.

After overcoming many challenges, Zeus and his fellow Olympians arrive at the temple at Delphi—only to find a giant snake guarding the entrance! Beyond the python, Pythia appears. Trapped in the temple by the python’s magic and mere presence, Pythia urges t
Published August 5th 2014 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Ares and the Spear of Fear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ares and the Spear of Fear

Nan
Jan 26, 2015 Nan rated it liked it
Shelves: child-literature
Cute book with gods and goddesses as children. Action as the kids are outrunning Cronos's army, true to the real myths (they are put into a large jar and it's rolled down the hill). Comedic and light hearted, fun for 2-3rd graders.
Sydney
Jan 14, 2015 Sydney rated it liked it
i don't really like this book.H ow Ares gets the spear is pretty simple. The amazons just give the spear to him.without a fight or anything
Jean-Marie
Dec 08, 2014 Jean-Marie rated it really liked it
My 7-year old read this to me. Heroes in Training is a fun series for early readers, either for reading aloud or independent reading. My son really digs it.
Kaytee
Aug 29, 2016 Kaytee rated it it was amazing
this book was so good but the best part was when they saved pythia the orcal well they actally did not but still.
Cathy Kidd
Cathy Kidd rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Debbie
Debbie rated it really liked it
May 13, 2015
Megan Fass
Megan Fass rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2016
Suzannebuza
Suzannebuza rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2014
Ken
Ken rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2015
Emma
Emma rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2016
Eudora Browne-lister
Eudora Browne-lister rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2014
Tobin Saltonstall
Tobin Saltonstall rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
Jennifer rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2016
Charrie
Charrie rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
Sunny Kang
Sunny Kang rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Paul Banks
Paul Banks rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2016
Joanne
Joanne rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Brooke Williams
Brooke Williams rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
Soe Paw
Soe Paw rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2015
Nataleigh
Nataleigh rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2016
Shazzer
Shazzer rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2014
Lucy
Lucy rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Kevin Smith
Kevin Smith rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2014
Vanessa Robles
Vanessa Robles rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2014
Trisan
Trisan rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2014
Sagan
Sagan rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2015
Delilah
Delilah rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Saksham
Saksham rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2016
Jason Castellon
Jason Castellon rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Beast Keeper (Beasts of Olympus, #1)
  • Asal Usul Keluarga Flood
  • Rosetta's Dress Mess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #24)
  • The McElderry Book of Greek Myths
  • Tink in a Fairy Fix (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #23)
  • Trill Changes Her Tune (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #22)
  • Greetings from the Graveyard (43 Old Cemetery Road, #6)
  • The Field of Wacky Inventions (Floors #3)
  • Poseidon: Earth Shaker (Olympians, #5)
  • Pegasus
  • Tales from the Odyssey, Part 2
  • Rosetta's Daring Day (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #14)
  • Mummies Don't Coach Softball (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #21)
  • Queen Clarion's Secret (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #16)
Children's book author: MIGHTY DADS (a NY Times bestseller); LITTLE RED WRITING; the GODDESS GIRLS series (with Suzanne Williams); THIS LITTLE PRESIDENT, A Presidential Primer; ZERO THE HERO. Lucky to be doing what I love.
More about Joan Holub...

Heroes in Training (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Zeus and the Thunderbolt of Doom (Heroes in Training, #1)
  • Poseidon and the Sea of Fury (Heroes in Training, #2)
  • Hades and the Helm of Darkness (Heroes in Training, #3)
  • Hyperion and the Great Balls of Fire (Heroes in Training, #4)
  • Typhon and the Winds of Destruction (Heroes in Training, #5)
  • Apollo and the Battle of the Birds (Heroes in Training, #6)
  • Cronus and the Threads of Dread (Heroes in Training, #8)
  • Crius and the Night of Fright (Heroes in Training, #9)
  • Hephaestus and the Island of Terror (Heroes in Training, #10)
  • Uranus and the Bubbles of Trouble (Heroes in Training #11)

“them, but the Crony army had captured Hestia, Demeter, and Hades. Zeus tried not to think about that now. He couldn’t save anybody if the Cronies captured him, too. “We should stand and fight!” Ares yelled. “You’ve never fought Cronies before!” Zeus replied, looking back at Ares. He was the newest member of the Olympians. Ares had lived with a family of giant Titans his whole life up till now. “We may not be stronger than they are, but we’re always faster. We just— Oof!” Zeus tripped over a rock and fell facedown onto the ground. Before he could get back to his feet, he felt a hand grip each of his arms. Hera and Poseidon had grabbed him. They pulled him up. These two Olympians—along with Hades, Hestia, and Demeter—were Zeus’s brothers and sisters. (Although, they had only just found this out.) Even though Apollo wasn’t their brother, he had joined the group like he was one of them too. His singing rhymes were both funny and kind of annoying! “Nice move, Bolt Breath!” Hera teased. “I didn’t see it!” Zeus protested. “Um, guys—still running!” Poseidon called back, jogging ahead of them. Apollo caught up to them. “I see some trees up on the right. If we hide there we’ll be out of sight,” sang the blond-haired boy. “How can you rhyme at a time like this?” Hera asked, rolling her blue eyes. “Hiding in the trees is a good idea. Let’s go!” Zeus cried. They veered toward the right and headed into the stand of trees. Zeus came to a stop, panting. “We need a plan,” he said. “There are four half-giant Cronies chasing us, but there’s a whole army of them in the canyon below. They won’t stop until they find us.” “We need Pythia,” Poseidon said, frowning. The Oracle of Delphi always showed up to tell them what to do next. But after they’d found Ares, she hadn’t appeared. “That’s why we’ve got to lose these half-giants and get to Delphi,” Zeus told him. Ares’s red eyes flashed. “Forget losing them. Let’s attack them!” “These guys don’t go down easily,” Zeus said. “And even if we defeat the first four, there’s a whole army behind them.” “Shhh!” Hera warned, quickly darting behind a tree. “I think they’re close-by.” Apollo, Poseidon, and Zeus all scrambled to hide behind trees too. But not Ares. He raised his spear and charged through the trees, screaming so loudly that the sound echoed through the hills. “I am Ares the Olympian! Feel my anger!” he yelled. “We shall not be defeated!” “Oh no,” Hera whispered. “Is he serious?” He was. Zeus thought Ares looked pretty ferocious as he sped through the trees with his sharp spear, spiky brown hair, and weird, fiery eyes.” 0 likes