Start by marking “The Bachelor Doctor's Bride” as Want to Read:
The Bachelor Doctor's Bride

The Bachelor Doctor's Bride (Doctors MacDowell #3)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Paging Dr. Love!

Cardiologist Quinn MacDowell has no time for affairs of the heart—especially those not related to his job. So when bubbly Diana Connor gets underneath his white coat like no woman has before, Quinn is determined to keep his hands, and his heart, to himself. She's just too… well, peppy …for a man as serious as him. Or so he keeps telling himself…

No matter ho...more
Mass Market Paperback, 218 pages
Published April 15th 2014 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Bachelor Doctor's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bachelor Doctor's Bride

Dorine
I have a weakness for brooding heroes who are awakened by the light of the heroine. There's something about combining that darkness and light that is always so appealing. They can be dangerous or mysterious but the hero who broods, never saying much and who eventually can't help but smile at the light personality of the heroine, always makes me smile. Probably because I'm such a goofball myself that I get a kick out of awkward situations and people who aren't afraid of being themselves.

Cardiolog...more
Unsolved Mystery
description
When realtor Diana Connor spots Dr. Quinn Macdowell looking sullen at a dance function, she trots on over. She plays match-maker for Quinn. Not that he wanted he to.

Throughout the night, She points out various beautiful women for him. He dances with them, but always coming back to Diana. These women are perfect for him, but none of them are Diana.
Who is Diana really? He just met her, but he can't seem to get her out of his mind.

While Diana continues to find Quinn a match, She's secretly entra...more
Heather
I really liked this book! I was well written, the story flowed along smoothly and it was chockfull of emotion. It made me laugh and cry and even get angry a time or two. I disagree with another reviewer who stated that the lifestyles of the two main characters were way too different to make this believable. Opposites really do attract and anyone who would forgo true love to be with someone else just because the former didn't fit into their lifestyle would be shallow and selfish. These two charac...more
Margaret Fisk
This review first appeared on Tales to Tide You Over.

I received this book as part of the Tell Harlequin group for reader feedback, something I’ve been a part of for more years than I can remember. I’ve been reading Harlequin since my early teens, so trust me when I say every criticism leveled against Harlequin novels has an example or two to support it. The reason I keep reading them is that there are as many examples to dismiss the notions as well.

The Bachelor Doctor’s Bride is one of these.

Dia...more
Trudy Miner
Diana Connor grabbed a free $1000 charity ball ticket from her boss that no one else wanted. As soon as she arrived, she spotted Quinn MacDowell sitting alone at a table along the edge of the room. Diana has never met a person she couldn't talk to and goes over, sits down next to Quinn and strikes up a conversation. A taciturn person, Quinn couldn't figure out where Diana was coming from until Diana "helps" him to find a woman to dance with! Little does he know that underneath her bubbling exter...more
Fedora
Billed as an opposites-attract story, The Bachelor Doctor's Bride is about Diana Connor, a bubbly real-estate agent who befriends Quinn MacDowell at a fundraising event. She's used to being the buddy, the one who smooths over all kinds of issues, and is a great match-maker. She sees how down he is initially and vows to help him find his perfect match.

Naturally he sees far sooner than she does that while on the surface, she's finding extremely suitable candidates for him, he finds her far more co...more
Larena
Contemporary, Romance

Quinn MacDowell is a cardiologist that has no time for affairs of the heart except those related to his job. When Quinn meets bubbly Diana Connor he is determined to keep his hands and his heart to himself even if she is the one woman that has managed to get underneath his white coat. He is too serious for someone that peppy. At least that is what he tells himself.

Diana Connor just can’t seem to get past Quinn’s icy façade no matter how hard she tries. Hunky Quinn must want...more
Susan
Good book with two people who seemed to be total opposites. Quinn is a serious guy. As a heart doctor he deals with science, not emotion. As a member of the family that founded the hospital, he has spent the last couple years trying to keep it going, leaving little time for any kind of relationship. He's also not a fan of these required functions, so this charity ball is something to just be endured. Then he is accosted by the perky Diana, who is determined to see him have a good time. Diana hat...more
Wendy
I didn't like this book at all, I'm sorry to say.

Quinn was a fairly likable character, most of the time. As a cardiologist, he must focus on his work and work hard. When he has relationships, they tend to be long term and committed, but he hasn't had one in about a year. He has a family that is well known and rather close.

Diana, on the other hand, was not a character that I liked. She was...irritating. Always happy, always making the best of absolutely everything, and ridiculously insecure. Sh...more
Kim
Quinn comes from a well-known family and is an in-demand cardiologist. Diana is a tenderhearted real estate agent who loves to match people...to houses, pets, and romantic partners. Diana and Quinn are a classic example of opposites attracting. I found their differences to be complimentary and made them stronger as a couple. I loved how Quinn was willing to revise his opinions and snap judgments. I loved how he continued to pursue Diana and want more from her. Diana is incredibly giving, but at...more
Heather Riley
This is a sweet opposites attract type of story. I think I would have liked it even more if it had been a single title release rather than a monthly title because then there would have been room for a deeper story and for more time with the characters. With the shorter format I felt like I was just getting to know them and their relationship was just blossoming and then it was over.
Dyan
What a wonderfully written story with great character development. I loved that the heroine had such a unique personality and the reason why. My heart broke for the child she was! Great Special Edition book!!!
Julie Barrett
The Bachelor Doctor's Bride by Caro Carson
This romance book is about a heart specialist who attends the gala with a real estate agent, Dianna. They come from different worlds and he finally finds out about her life,
how she was born, the heartache and her attachment to dogs. She learns of his passion with caring for others, the ones he can do something about so they don't die.
There is another woman, more suited to the doctor's needs and Dianna tells him and he can't figure out why she's telling...more
Patrice
Diana Connor is a person that wants everyone around her to be happy. She has a knack for finding good matches for humans and animals due to her volunteer work at an animal rescue operation. She also tries her hand at people matchmaking too. She is also a woman that has tried to live her mother’s ideals. She uses what she knows of them as her mantra. She is a breath of fresh air in Dr. Quinn MacDowell’s serious life. Quinn and Diana meet at a hospital fund raiser and neither of their lives are e...more
Debbie
What a great story about two people who are trying to find their way to each other. Quinn a very rich cardiologist, who just did not have the time for romance and Diana a real estate agent, animal shelter volunteer & a matchmaker. She was all around ordinary person who thought she was not the right person for Quinn. SO she kept trying to find him a girlfriend. But Quinn was not having it. He wanted Diana in his life. I love this story alot.
Claire Barfell
Diana never thought she was the right type for Quinn. She tried to play matchmaker, but Quinn resisted her efforts. Diana is so unselfish she always helps others and wants to make them happy, but puts her own desires last. She tries to convince Quinn that she is not right for him, however, he does not agree. Find out how it all turns out and what lessons both of them must learn. This is a good read.
Allana Kellett
These book was very real to me. I understand where Quinn is coming from when he doesn't want to get to close because of his job. It is a hard life to lead and few can do it and have a real relationship. Great book and I believe the author understands her characters very well. Makes you feel like you are right there in the middle of it.
Jeanie Jackson
Another beautiful story in The Doctors MacDowell series. Once again she presents a complete new story of two people trying to find their way to each other. His talent is saving lives as a cardiologist. Her talent is making people happy as a real estate agent, animal shelter volunteer and ordinary person. In fact that is what brings them together...she sees an unhappy person and feels compelled to bring someone into his life. She quickly decides she is that someone, but that isn't how she works....more
Angela
This was a good Harlequin romance novel. The hero was a bit stiff and annoying at first but quickly redeemed himself. The heroine seemed fairly one-dimensional for most of the nook but was eventually fleshed out.
Jeni
Heartwarming story that can make anyone feel good. I generally don't read romance novels - so many are just too good to be real. This one however has some nice character development & is well told story.
Beckie
Free eBook from Tell Harlequin. I really enjoyed this story! I felt the characters were described very well. I could picture Diana and all of her shimmery clothing :) Quinn is your typical Harlequin cowboy Doctor male. I actually cried twice reading this story...rare for a Harlequin read for me.
HiDee Silverwood Ekstrom
I didn't expect to enjoy this book as much as I did. Now I want to check out additional books by this author.
Donna Scoggins
So sweet! Loved the back and forth between Diana and Quinn. Always love a story that involves dogs!
Breanne
Not bad...plot was decent, characters were strong...just not my choosen genre. Gotta love freebies!
Normandy
A very sweet and touching romance. I found myself getting emotional near the end.
Susan Fortune Pinheiro
The heroine was lovable and it was easy to relate to her.
I received this book from the publisher for an honest review.
Janet Robel
Good quick read for the summer.
Cristen Beam
was very good
Ray
Very typical storyline. I like the way Quinn developes in the story. Is a good beach read.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Harlequin Special...: Men in Tuxedos 1 3 May 24, 2014 05:48PM
Despite a no-nonsense background as a West Point graduate and U.S. Army officer, Caro Carson has always treasured the happily-ever-after of a good romance novel. After reading romances no matter where in the world the Army sent her, Caro began a career in the pharmaceutical industry. Little did she know the years she spent discussing science with physicians would provide excellent story material f...more
More about Caro Carson...
Doctor, Soldier, Daddy The Doctor's Former Fiancee Not Just a Cowboy A Texas Rescue Christmas Enchanted by an Emerald