Start by marking “The Heir of the Castle” as Want to Read:
The Heir of the Castle

The Heir of the Castle

The surprise inheritance: a castle!

When the closest person tycoon Callan McGregor has to a father dies, it's down to him to organize the inheritance of Annick Castle. And the most suitable candidate seems to be stunning lawyer Laurie Jenkins.

Even though she makes the usually brooding Callan's pulse race, this is business—he cannot afford a distraction. But she's a bubbly
Published May 6th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Heir of the Castle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heir of the Castle

Desere
Apr 05, 2014 Desere rated it really liked it
This was a very enjoyable read, with lots of nice and heartfelt romance. We have Callan who suddenly has to make decisions about inheritance, and he is so not ready for it. But life deals cards we all have to deal with and he does just this.

Only his perfect plan to get the help of lawyer Laurie to make things go according to plan goes wrong in the most delightful of ways. He falls for her hook line and sinker, and Laurie not only falls for him but she falls in love with the magic of the Annick
Susan
Jul 23, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it
Sweet romance with a twist. Callan's friend and mentor has died and the only real home Callan has known is to be inherited to someone Callan has never heard of. Laurie is one of twelve potential heirs to the castle. As a lawyer she can't believe the terms of the will, but she is fascinated by the castle.

The twelve potential heirs to the castle must participate in a murder mystery weekend. The winner will inherit the castle. Callan is disgusted by most of those who have arrived. They are all more
Kimberly
My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin: http://www.witandsin.blogspot.com/201...

An unusual potential inheritance bring together a London lawyer and a Scottish social media tycoon in The Heir of the Castle . Author Scarlet Wilson charmed me with this sweet, enjoyable romance and her two endearing protagonists.

Laurie’s a heroine who captured my interest and garnered my sympathy early on. She’s an overworked lawyer who’s stressed out and burned-out thanks to the job she never really wanted. She g
Ann Keller
Jul 09, 2014 Ann Keller rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, mystery
Really good book. I enjoyed the mystery theme running behind the two main characters and the twist of who was destined to inherit Annick Castle. It isn't who you think!
Alexia
May 11, 2014 Alexia rated it really liked it
The Heir of the Castle by Scarlet Wilson is an enjoyable read. We first meet Laurie Jenkins, lawyer, who is a hardworking young woman that never has time for herself. She finds out that she has one of several individuals who has inherited a Annick Castle from a Grandfather she never knew.

As she arrives to Annick Castle she is met by Callan, who was friends with Laurie's grandfather and never knew that he had a family of his own. The first thing Laurie thought when she saw the castle was that it
Linda Klages
Jan 22, 2017 Linda Klages rated it it was amazing
Best Harlequin romance I've read in a long time - would look for this author.
Sonya Heaney
Originally posted HERE .

The books in the Harlequin’s Romance line are short, quick reads, which means they tend to come with a gimmick of some sort that pushes hero and heroine together right from the outset. In this case it comes in the form of a murder mystery party where the winner will inherit a castle.

The premise is a little bit… odd, but I was swayed by the Scottish setting and thought I’d give the book a try. Even though the thought of a murder mystery party is enough to have me running
Rhonda
Feb 14, 2014 Rhonda rated it really liked it
4 STARS

How much fun Laurie Jenkins enjoying being at Annick Castle. She loved the big staircases and gazebo. Just enjoyed staying in the castle and meeting some relatives. She also is very attracted to Callan McGregor.

Callan is surprised to find out that the man who was closer to him than anyone had six children he never heard of. Now that he died he is leaving the Castle to one of his heirs. The one who solves a murder mystery game that takes place at the castle. He resents that one of the twel
Hsiau Wei
Aug 03, 2014 Hsiau Wei rated it liked it
It was the potential inheritance of a castle that bring both Laurie arms Callan together. Callan’s friend and mentor, Angus, passed away and the castle was to be gifted to one of the 12 potential heir who can solve a murder mystery. Callan doesn’t know about Angus’s family in all the years that he know him. Among the 12 potential heirs, he were drawn to Laurie even though he have his doubt on her. Laurie on the other hand, is curious about her family root than in the potential inheritance. Being ...more
Megan
Apr 28, 2014 Megan rated it really liked it
This was adorable. I loved every romantic moment of this story. I normally don't read contemporary but who wouldn't want to inherit a castle! I loved the way that the two characters came together and really realized how much they belong together and how much they both love Annick Castle. I also enjoyed the idea of the 20's themed murder mystery set in the aging castle. Just lovely. It also felt like this book showed the different kinds of people in the world and how you can never really judge so ...more
SuperWendy
Jun 29, 2014 SuperWendy rated it liked it
A nostalgia button pushing read for me. Plucky heroine, slightly surly hero, family secrets and a castle. I mean, what's not to love? Was less enamored with some of the secondary elements to the romance - namely the hero's mother's mental illness seemed unnecessarily over-the-top and the dead man's reason for not acknowledging his six (!!) children by six (!!) different women was super weak. But hey, I was charmed anyway. Reminded me of the books I loved to read as a teen. A B- read.
Cate Marsden
Oh, my, I wish I had read this when I was twelve. And I wish my grandmother were here to share it with. This would have been our PERFECT shared romance novel: frothy, sweet, with a murder-mystery-party to determine who inherits a CASTLE.
So much fun. Even as an adult this brushed all my cynicism aside and just made me happy for a couple of hours. Sometimes realism is over-rated, and for those times, books like this are bliss.
Tabitha Jones
May 27, 2014 Tabitha Jones rated it it was amazing
The Heir of the Castle... is a simply sweet romance. One everyone loves to have who wouldn't love to love in their own castle.
Strongly recommend this lovely book for anyone who loves the fairy tale ending...
April
Jan 24, 2016 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Set in Scotland, the hero and heroine learn about themselves and find each other. It all revolves around a castle and who will inherit. I liked the hero and heroine and enjoyed the story.
Kylee
Kylee rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2014
Amelia Strydom
Amelia Strydom rated it liked it
May 11, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
May 21, 2014
Kate Fellowes
Kate Fellowes rated it really liked it
May 21, 2014
Amara
Amara rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2014
Ponnary
Ponnary rated it really liked it
May 14, 2014
Hillary
Hillary rated it liked it
May 20, 2014
Blair
Blair rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2014
Candies
Candies rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2014
Supraja
Supraja rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2014
carol
carol rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2014
Swathi Vijayan
Swathi Vijayan rated it it was ok
Sep 18, 2015
Helen F. Fisher
Helen F. Fisher rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2016
Maja Steyn
Maja Steyn rated it really liked it
May 12, 2015
Paula Hite
Paula Hite rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2015
Carmen
Carmen rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2014