Swept Away by the Tycoon

Swept Away by the Tycoon

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A woman who's been burnt… Chloe Abrams has had quite enough rejection for one lifetime. These days, she's flying solo!

A man who needs hope… Former soldier Ian Black was once the king of Manhattan. Then his PTSD caught up with him and his whole world crumbled. Now he's on a mission to rebuild it.

A love worth risking everything for! Ian sweeps Chloe off her feet and makes...more
Published May 6th 2014 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Swept Away by the Tycoon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Swept Away by the Tycoon

Donna Alward
I've really been enjoying this trilogy of Barb's! I love the strong heroines and damaged heroes, and Chloe and Ian are wonderful together. When you finish one of Barb's books, you don't get the sense that everything is happy ever after; instead you get the far more satisfying feeling that this couple will face trials and stand the test of time. Don't miss out on this one!
Bette Hansen
Definitely enjoyed this book. Damaged and broken, Ian is trying to make amends and taking one day at a time. Chloe is discouraged and convinced she will never find love. When their worlds collide everything changes! This was a great story with intriguing characters, a fast pace, and a wonderful story. You couldn't help but cheer for Ian and Chloe and it definitely left me smiling. Highly recommended read.
Susan
Good book. Chloe hasn't had good luck with the men she's dated, so she has decided to take a break from men for awhile. Then she meets Ian, a guy who hangs out at the coffee shop she goes to every day. He teases her, he tells her she deserves better than she's gotten, and is easy to talk to. She thinks of him as "The Slacker" at first, because he's always there and doesn't seem to have a job. Ian is trying to put his life back together. After several years in the military, he put what he learned...more
Jamie Schmidt
This was a quick, touching read. I enjoyed Ian & Chloe's story -- or Ginger and Curlielocks, I should say. The romance was sweet and the story kept me turning the pages and wanting more. I picked up the next book "The Man Behind the Mask." and am reading it next.
Harlequin Books
received 4 1/2 stars @ RT Book Reviews
April Kane
Cute, little romance between a recovering, driven alcoholic (Ian) and a tough, independent career woman (Chloe). The cover though is all wrong for this book. I would assume the Ian, the male lead is in his late 30s or early 40s and he supposed to have red/blonde hair. Also where are Chloe's curls? You can't have a character nicknamed "Curlilocks" and not have her pictured with curls. I still liked the book I just wished the cover was a more accurate representation of the major characters in it.
Asteropê
[review to come]

Also, this book is connected in an unoffical (it seems) trilogy:
The Man Behind the Mask by Barbara  Wallace The Unexpected Honeymoon by Barbara  Wallace
Nancy Reynolds
Two damaged people coming together and make each other better. Totally enjoyed this book. I found the give and take between the hero and heroine very stimulating - as did they. I loved it. Will definitely be reading a lot more by this author.
Karen Kirst
I really, really liked the hero and heroine. Their emotional story draws the reader in and refuses to let go! Read it in one evening.
Carolyn
Nice little romantic read.
Sharlene
Sharlene marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Julia
Julia added it
Aug 21, 2014
Betsy Fortune
Betsy Fortune marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Karen
Karen added it
Jul 22, 2014
Yessenia
Yessenia marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Chey
Chey is currently reading it
Jul 11, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Beverly A Osmonson
Beverly A Osmonson marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Kathy Boone
Kathy Boone marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Emily
Emily is currently reading it
Jul 02, 2014
Mio
Mio marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Barbara Wallace has been a life-long romantic and daydreamer so it's not surprising she decided to become a writer at age eight. However, it wasn't until a co-worker handed her a romance novel that she knew where her stories belonged. For years she limited her dreams to nights, weekends and commuter train trips while working as a communications specialist, PR freelancer and full-time mom. At the u...more
More about Barbara Wallace...
Weekend Agreement The Cinderella Bride Beauty and the Brooding Boss Mr. Right, Next Door! The Man Behind the Mask