Start by marking “Sensual Encounter (Harlequin Presents #684)” as Want to Read:
Sensual Encounter (Harlequin Presents #684)

Sensual Encounter (Harlequin Presents #684)

HE DEMANDED MORE THAN SHE HAD LEFT TO GIVE

Kate agreed to marry Richard, a rich and powerful man who loved her and would never hurt her. No man would ever get close enough to hurt her again.

Kate had been betrayed by love before. The pain had sent her reeling into the arms of an irresistible drifter who offered her a fantasy version of love. Kate had fled from Jared's spell
Paperback, Harlequin Presents, #684, 190 pages
Published March 15th 1984 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Sensual Encounter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sensual Encounter

Avisha Beeharreea
This is definitely a keeper!! Woah what a treasure! This HP has a different trope from the normal* ones. The H in this book *.* I loved how the h kept running away from him unsuccesfully lol
Leona
Aug 29, 2012 Leona rated it really liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
Fun, angst filled read by Carole Mortimer. Story about a young successful woman that was betrayed by the love of her life when he runs off and marries a wealthy widow. She meets our hero, when she is on the rebound and has a wonderful passionate weekend, but bolts because she isn't interested in HEA. She also thinks, he is a lazy non-starter and will want to live off her hard efforts, like her past boyfriend. Fast forward three months later, when she bumps into the hero shortly after getting eng ...more
Chantal ❤️
Aug 31, 2015 Chantal ❤️ rated it it was ok
I did not like it. The whole sleeping with you did not mean anything! Come on this is romance not some cheap hook-up! Please this I love you even though I was in love with like another guy two minutes before thing. It's not worth the read again.
Lemon
Jul 17, 2013 Lemon rated it it was amazing
4.5 Starts. I really enjoyed this one.
Dianna
Tia
Nov 27, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
This novel was really done well too. I didn't expect some of the parts in the novel, while there were others I simply read into and could easily find out what was happening next. Never the less, it was GREAT!
MissKitty
Dec 17, 2015 MissKitty rated it really liked it
I liked this one a lot. I can't believe it was written in 1984 there was so much pre-marital sex and they enjoyed it! Kate is a successful business woman engaged to her college sweetheart, but he dumps her to marry a rich widow. To try and forget, Kate goes out of town where she meets a stranger (our Hero, Jared) She is immediately attracted to him and they spend 2 passionate nights together. However, since for her it is just a fling, she goes back to London and 3 months later, decides to marry ...more
Valerie
Sep 27, 2016 Valerie rated it did not like it
This was more or less a fair read until the male protagonist forced himself on the heroine. That scene ruined everything. Plus he was also a big hypocrite: he concealed his identity from her until the end yet patronised her for getting engaged to a man she didn't love.
I just cant'accept rape in a romantic novel.
Annarose
Jan 23, 2016 Annarose rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
One of the rare most recommended reads ever. So happy that I came across it and read it. Jared and Kate are certainly two of the most distinguished heroes in a harlequin. So strong and welling to commit to their love once they find it. So Beautiful and passionate. Love it! A novel for keeps!
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
Have I mentioned that I love books whose heroine's name is Kate or Kathrine? Well, I should probably tell it now! Although overall the book was comme ci comme ca, I have it in my favourite book's list because of Kate's name. As a romance book, I could say that it was nice.
Melissa Justal
Jan 06, 2016 Melissa Justal rated it it was amazing
I love it. I love it. I love it. I fell in love the h and H
Hnou
Hnou rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2014
Gulhan
Gulhan rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2012
Lynda
Lynda rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2009
Kelli
Kelli rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2008
Fre06 Begum
Fre06 Begum rated it it was ok
Apr 28, 2014
Suganya
Suganya rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2013
seton
seton rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2009
Hemavathy DM Suppiah
Hemavathy DM Suppiah rated it did not like it
Jun 03, 2016
Joicee
Joicee rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2016
Joli
Joli rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2012
Toniette
Toniette rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2013
Hc Lynn
Hc Lynn rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2012
Debra
Debra rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2012
Tweety
Tweety rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2016
Cécile Rischmann
Cécile Rischmann rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2015
Missy
Missy rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2015
Clue Less
Clue Less rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2014
Teresa
Teresa rated it did not like it
Mar 07, 2016
Liat
Liat rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
I have written almost 200 romance novels in contemporary and Regency.

I am a USA Today Bestselling Author and recipient of the 2015 RWA Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2014 I received a Pioneer of Romance Award from Romantic Times in the US and in 2012 I was recognised by Queen Elizabeth II for my 'outstanding service to literature'.

I am very happily married to Peter with six sons, and live on the
More about Carole Mortimer...