Start by marking “Hannah Nakova” as Want to Read:
Hannah Nakova

Hannah Nakova

Hannah Nakova lives an unremarkable life in an unremarkable town and works an unremarkable job. She is plain and unimportant, quiet and unobtrusive. Her only remarkable feature, in fact, is that she's haunted by shadows, Wall Puppets as she once called them, and they have followed her for life. While she's convinced herself that they are merely figments of her imagination, ...more
Published November 2013

To ask other readers questions about Hannah Nakova, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hannah Nakova

Travis Coblentz
Jan 08, 2014 Travis Coblentz rated it really liked it
Paula
Nov 27, 2013 Paula rated it really liked it
I had some doubts before I got into this book, but the character development is such that I was hooked shortly in. I am not generally a fan of the realistic "ghostlike" literature, but I found that I liked this despite my initial reservations. I got a heightened sense of anxiety as Hannah's story progressed, culminating in a "put the book down and walk away for a few minutes" climax. I am glad that I didn't read the end first, because the suspense element was crucial.

I had a couple of unanswered
Chrissy
Nov 15, 2013 Chrissy rated it really liked it
Scott Szymczak
Jan 09, 2014 Scott Szymczak rated it it was amazing
Suspenseful perfection. Read it cover to cover in 1 sitting. The awkwardness of Hannah is something we all can understand, both men and woman. The well developed characterization and plot twists speed the pages on by. I excitedly hope for book 2.
Pattie
Dec 20, 2013 Pattie rated it did not like it
This book was a tedious read. The story line (and characters) had real promise, but it felt that the author spent too much time describing unnecessary aspects of the room, the character, etc etc.
Ryan Quinn
Feb 09, 2014 Ryan Quinn rated it really liked it
Written for fantasy readers, self-published "Hannah Nakova" by Coyla Cobblenz. Set plainly in Indiana it centres around a plausible young woman. Given only what feels like a gesture of the extraordinary.

However, Hannah's life, relationships and career are made to diminish to near nothingness against a grim monstrous life and death struggle. The excitement of the book is metamorphosis. As Hannah transforms to defeat "Shadows and tendrils radiating from nowhere.". The writing gives a strong sense
Rose Quinn
Feb 09, 2014 Rose Quinn rated it it was amazing
Kurt Springs
Mar 12, 2014 Kurt Springs rated it liked it
It didn't so much start slow as it took a while to see where it was going. Hannah Nakova is about a girl troubled by shadows. Not the type the create your silhouette in the sunlight but the type that move when you aren't watching. Hannah's move when she is watching. Only one other person, Simon, understands her problem, but is it because he is an allie, or is he in league with the shadows.

It didn't seem as frightening as it might. However it is an enjoyable story. Coyla Coblentz maintained a tig
Jola
Jan 29, 2014 Jola rated it really liked it
This book is certainly not like any other books I have read. It focuses mostly on psychological side of fear and human struggles in the face of the unknown. The whole story is filled with suspense and is a real page-turner.
I gave only 4 stars, because there are few questions about the Wall Puppets that I would like to have answers to, so I hope that Coyla Coblentz will write a sequel to the adventures of Hannah Nakova.

Thanks for sending me a free copy from the Making Connections group.
David
Jan 12, 2014 David rated it really liked it
For a first publication, it certainly exceeded my expectations. On the same note, when picking up this book, I was not entirely sure what to expect in terms of the theme/plot. It took me a couple of chapters to finally "get into" the book, but once that happened, it was a fast and enjoyable read.

If you are looking for something a little different, something that will be a quick read and leave you wanting more (and wanting to know more) then I definitely recommend this book!
Zanna Yu
Jul 24, 2014 Zanna Yu rated it really liked it
Great psychological thriller meets sci-fi book! I found this to be an exciting book. I thought the author was extremely creative and I have never read anything quite like it before! I'm very happy that the author left the possibility for a sequel, as well. The characters were likable and easy to relate to and the plot kept me hooked. I look forward to reading more books from the author in the future.
Tammy
Mar 25, 2014 Tammy rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I read this book in 3 1/2 hours. I was unable to put it down. I was so drawn into to the story and was stressed and terrified several times! I loved it and am awaiting this author's next work. All I can say is...I became stressed and involved from the beginning. Coyla-you are an evil genius and you must not have a life until you write and publish the next one!!!
Amie Billington johnson
Aug 11, 2016 Amie Billington johnson rated it really liked it
This story was spooky and suspenseful. I thought it was very smart. The main character was someone most people could relate to, until her life becomes surreal. If you like "things that go bump in the night" stories then you should read this one.
Lori Dike
Lori Dike rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2014
Libby
Libby rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it did not like it
Dec 20, 2013
Lance
Lance marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
Neal Piwowarski
Neal Piwowarski is currently reading it
Nov 25, 2013
Shirley Fernandez
Shirley Fernandez marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Ellie Red
Ellie Red marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Joel
Joel marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Making Connections: 1998. - HANNAH NAKOVA by Coyla Coblentz 10 26 Feb 23, 2014 12:25AM