Start by marking “Beast in the Darkness (Darkness, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Beast in the Darkness (Darkness, #2.5)

Beast in the Darkness (Darkness #2.5)

4.23  ·  Rating Details ·  1,024 Ratings  ·  65 Reviews
Meant to be read after Fire In The Darkness

Beast In The Darkness (An Elighan Dragen Novelette)

We know the story from Ember's POV, but what happens to Eli after Ember disappears? Crawl inside Eli's mind and experience what he goes through. Be warned his mind in not a fuzzy warm place to be....

**Warning this contains sexual content and language.
**Contains Spoilers if you hav
40 pages
Published (first published December 12th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Beast in the Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beast in the Darkness

Erin
Nov 20, 2013 Erin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pnr-faves
EEEEP! Hot damn, getting inside Eli's mind is such a guilty pleasure!! This sexy beast of a man has one hell of a temper, and when Ember suddenly disappeared after their steamy escape from reality, he was PISSED! Allowing his beast to take over as he scoured the land for her, a part of him was lost when he thought she was gone. For three years he dragged his way through his existence, screwing and drinking away his sorrows whenever the opportunity struck. When suddenly he was bowled over by the ...more
Nikki Jefford
Nov 11, 2014 Nikki Jefford rated it it was amazing
Thank you, Stacey Marie Brown, for this opportunity to bond with Eli! :D I was already a big Eli fan and now I've really fallen for him. Love getting into the guy's head and hanging out with the Dark Dweller dudes. Come on, what gal doesn't want to spend time with the guys? ;)

Fast, fun - just what I needed tonight.
Naomi
Apr 29, 2015 Naomi rated it really liked it
Loved reading Eli's point of view from when he first laid eyes on Ember and the darkness that consumed him when he was apart from her. Thank you Stacey!!!! :)
Akilah Raines
Nov 20, 2013 Akilah Raines rated it it was amazing
3 words:

I NEED MORE!!!!! That little piece of getting inside Eli's head was not enough! God, Dwellers of Darkness hurry up!!!!

[image error]

This is a 10 to 15 minute read tops! It takes place right after what went down between Ember, Eli and Lorcan ( read both books to find out) .... No SERIOUSLY, TAKE YOUR ASS AND READ THEM NOW!!

And we get an inside to Eli's mind from that point on to right at the end of Fire in the Darkness!

I freaking looooooved it and that little teaser just made me relapse,
Tiffany
Sep 13, 2016 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Poor Eli.
Tina
Nov 19, 2013 Tina rated it it was amazing
Yes, Eli's pov was sooo good!!! It showcased the depth of his feelings & how Ember leaving & losing the connection wrecked him & how much anger he had for her along with the pain & suffering of the loss. I just wish that they would actually just get to the truth instead of the secrets & half truths. But that is very much how the fey do things so it's true to that world. I just wished it had been much longer. I can't wait for book 3!!!! Love love this series!!!
Jessica
Nov 19, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Oh my god. You have no idea. This was fantastic. It was awesome to see what Eli was thinking and feeling. And it's a great help for us to kinda see where he's coming from and why he acts like he does.
Oh man. Totally can't wait for the next book.
Beast In The Darkness was the perfect fix for those of us waiting for the third book in the Darkness series to be released. It was a wild ride being inside Eli's head. It was a brief story but sufficient to give fans an understanding of how Eli's mind generally works, how the dynamics of his group are changing, and how he truly feels about Ember. Sigh... I can't wait for the next book. I'm loving this series!!!

Beast In The Darkness is a novelette that accompanies the Darkness series written by S
Heather  book whore & shifter slut extrordinaire
I LOVE ELI! I have loved Eli from the moment he drove by on his bike and saved her from Weiss.

I LOVE EMBER! I have loved her (and laughed and cried and yelled with her) since I read the first word of the first book.

I think - no matter what has or will happen - Eli and Ember deserve happiness and that means they deserve to be together.

Now I'm scared. I don't know this Eli, this man controlled by darkness and despair. This broken man who has become more beast than man since he lost his way. Since
Sudaba
Nov 19, 2013 Sudaba rated it it was amazing
I love Eli <3 And I loved his POV...It was good to hear his thoughts and it was nice to find out how he really felt and what's been going on in his head...And now I feel sorry for him because there is so much against him and Ember, so many secrets and lies and I just wonder how they will overcome them....But I hope they will overcome all the problems in the 3 book and finally will be together and loving each other and fighting together againts all the others who wants them apart....So fair ...more
Christy
Feb 23, 2014 Christy rated it it was amazing
Wow.. I didn't really think I would need to read Eli's POV considering I just finished books 1 and 2 in the last couple of days, but I'm glad I did. I'm really excited for the next book being released this Thursday!
By the conclusion of book 2, it was obvious by Eli's reaction to Embers return, that her time away had completely altered him or at the very least hardened him toward her. I'm really glad we were given a glimpse into the pain and heartache he went through in her absence.
Can't wait!!
Tina
Feb 10, 2015 Tina rated it it was amazing
Oh my! Eli is beyond hot and to actually get to read his point of view is beyond amazing. I devoured this novelette and loved every sexy and demented second of it. If you are a fan of the series, this is a must read.
Sanette
Oh that was amazing!! how I wish book three would be in their alternating POV's but alas I doubt that will be the case. I love Eli and I really really hope she does not end up with Torin! God I hate love triangles!!! :-)
Metessa
Sep 14, 2015 Metessa rated it did not like it
This novella is disappointing to say the least, I'm not sure why Brown bothered.
Sonja
May 01, 2015 Sonja rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-ebooks
What we get here is actually three short stories from Eli. The first one is like it says, what he goes thru after she runs away from him in the second book. It picks up right after her fleeing with him pulling all the tree pieces out of himself. Lorcan has already left and, despite his injuries, Eli goes to try and track Ember back down. When the same pain that wracked her body when she broke her deal with the Unseelie King hits him, he knows something is wrong. Then of course he can't even ...more
James
Dec 31, 2014 James rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
An enlightening short-story.

This book contains a few chapters of the main storyline told from Eli’s perspective, as well as a bit of information on what Eli was up to while Ember had run off to the Otherworld to try and rescue her friends. This book shouldn’t be read until you’ve read the first two in the series otherwise it will give things away. My overall impression of it was that it served to underline the dark side to Eli’s character. It hasn’t always been obvious in the past two books how
Jana LaPelle
Mar 22, 2014 Jana LaPelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eli's complexity 4 1/2 stars

First of all, I really wished that I had read this before I read book 3. Although, this is a very short novella it's packed full of insight into Eli's struggle in resolving his feelings for Ember. Elighan in Ember's absence is unbearable to be around even after 3 years he is still torn between hating her for what she is and missing her unbearably,so much so that the mere mention of her sets him off. There are still things we do not know about in Eli's past, things tha
Larissa
May 10, 2015 Larissa rated it it was amazing
Full effect of this review can be found by clicking here.

Well, this book reigns on the sexier, scarier side of Eli. This book takes place right after Ember finding out about his involvement on her mother’s death, to her “death” to the Otherworld. Three years later, she is still missing/dead and his temper has changed. The book ends with him sensing and finding her back at Seattle sigh. You know? Last scene from The Light of Darkness.
And two more tiny POV’s from the very first time he sees her at
Melinda
Sep 07, 2016 Melinda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super quick

Totally love Eli's POV! He is nothing but raw sexual passion for sure!! Could of read so much more on what he is thinking!
Mary Sebastijanovic
Aug 02, 2015 Mary Sebastijanovic rated it liked it
There was nothing new or something that I didn't conclude it on my one. The three years are skipped and we still don't know what he was doing.

But the biggest problem is the math. So almost one year on earth is a week there and see is a day there but it is three years on earth really? She goes and come out the same day. The second issue is in the first book that I would have over looked but now I can't is she couldn't control her anger and thunderstorms the queen, she just got had to let it all
Angela  Sanders
Eli's POV.

It's been a while since I've read the Darkness series and I just stumbled upon this novella on Goodreads. I'm so glad I did! It was great to read what Eli went through while Ember was in the Underworld, their first meeting and his struggle with emotions toward her. It left me wanting more! Now, I'm going to re-read the Darkness series again to get another fix :-) 5 stars!!
Jamie Teixeira
Jul 04, 2015 Jamie Teixeira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect

Honestly I think I found my new favorite author. This was a short little POV from Eli but it gave me behind the scenes information into what transpired while Ember was gone. This novella also provided insight into how much Eli really was affected by her. Makes me love him even more.
Mendy
Mar 17, 2014 Mendy rated it liked it
This is a novella that takes place with Eli during Fire in the Darkness. It shows what he went through while Ember is gone. You finally get to really see what she means to him even though he won't admit it. He was lost and in a downward spiral while she was gone, but was the first to get to her when she came back.
S.M. Boyce
This is a great, quick read that adds excellent tension to the story as a whole. It's neat to see Eli's POV, as he's dark and seriously dangerous. I'm looking forward to seeing how this new tension applies to the rest of the series -- and I'm grateful Brown didn't leave out this perspective from the rest of the series.
Belinda Visser
Dec 11, 2015 Belinda Visser rated it it was amazing
Beast in the Darkness is a novella and gives you a peek into Eli's head during the time Ember is in the Otherworld, which is a period of four years for Eli. You get to see Eli's point of view and some questions is answered for you in this novella. Great short read, swoon Eli.
Melissa Penny
Jun 25, 2016 Melissa Penny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More Please

I loved the Darkness Series, and this novella gives a little taste of the story from Eli's perspective. She writes his pov exactly how I perceived him in the books, and left me wanting another peek inside his mind.
Debby (Alwaysbooking)
Dec 31, 2015 Debby (Alwaysbooking) rated it really liked it
This is a very short novella from the In the Darkness series. It is Eli's POV, which he is my favorite in this series so I read it. I would recommend you reading after you have read the first two books in the series otherwise it's a bit of a spoiler alert.
Lisa P
Apr 15, 2016 Lisa P rated it it was amazing
The only thing I didn't like is that it ended much too soon. I read this after the whole series. Just what I was looking for... Compliments the series and offers an alternate view - very dark view- that explains things when Eli and ember first met to his reaction from Ember's return.
Valorie Clifton
May 31, 2015 Valorie Clifton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Eli! He's so rough on the outside yet he has a heart and this book just breaks my heart for him. It's a nice, quick read and a good glimpse into his mind. This author rocks. 'nuff said. Eli is so stinking hot! :fangirl swoon:
Dj Acrey
Jan 05, 2016 Dj Acrey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick Read

I really enjoyed Eli's point of view, I just happened to read it after reading the first book in the series, so only part of it was familiar, but I will come back to it after I have read more of this series!
  • West (Roam #5.5)
  • This Place is Death (Curse Keepers Secret #1)(Curse Keepers #1.5)
  • First (The Crescent Chronicles #4.1)
  • King Cave (Forever Evermore, #2)
  • The Arrival (The Eslite Chronicles, #1)
  • Choosing Chase
  • Lies in Blood (Dark Secrets, #4)
  • The Keeper: A Brilliant Darkness Story (Brilliant Darkness, #1.5)
  • Soul Possessed (The Life After #2)
  • Blood of the Sorcerer  (The Kingdom Chronicles #2)
  • Midnight Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #8.5 & #10.5)
  • Hunting Angel (Divisa, #2)
  • Scorched Treachery (Imdalind, #3)
  • Taming Her Wolf
  • Britton (The Awakening, #3)
  • Phoenix Rising (The Kindred, #5)
  • Slow Agony (Assassins, #2)
  • Third Charm (Run to You, #3)
Stacey Marie Brown is a lover of hot fictional bad boys and sarcastic heroines who kick butt. She also enjoys books, travel, TV shows, hiking, writing, design, and archery. Stacey swears she is part gypsy, being lucky enough to live and travel all over the world.

She grew up in Northern California, where she ran around on her family's farm, raising animals, riding horses, playing flashlight tag, an
More about Stacey Marie Brown...

Darkness (5 books)
  • Darkness of Light (Darkness, #1)
  • Fire in the Darkness (Darkness, #2)
  • Dwellers of Darkness (Darkness, #3)
  • Blood Beyond Darkness (Darkness, #4)
  • West (A Darkness Series Novel)