Start by marking “Five on Finniston Farm (Famous Five, #18)” as Want to Read:
Five on Finniston Farm (Famous Five, #18)

Five on Finniston Farm (Famous Five #18)

3.94  ·  Rating Details ·  5,418 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
There's a ruined castle on Finniston Farm, but only the dungeons remain - and nobody knows where they are! "The Famous Five" are determined to find them - and whatever is hidden in them - but they are not alone. Someone else wants to know, too. The question is: can the Five get there first?
Audio Cassette, 0 pages
Published 1995 by Hodder (first published January 1st 1959)

Kavita
Sep 19, 2015 Kavita rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Hmmm, it wasn't even a mystery. No danger, no crooks, no fun. Also, I didn't enjoy the side characters.

Kirsti
Nov 12, 2011 Kirsti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another in the excellent 'Five' series by the legendary Enid Blyton. Number 18 in the set sees George, Anne, Dick, Julian and Timmy off to stay at Finniston farm, a farm that is struggling with money and has had to take in borders. The children help all they can, but they are baulked by Junior and his Pops, Americans who are intent on snapping up items of historical significance to take back to America.

While this book has less action in it than others, it is still an exciting, quick read. We get
Neja
Apr 03, 2016 Neja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-childhood
These books (Famous five) are hands down one of my favorite books from my childhood. All those adventures and mystery …and those sandwiches they always packed! aww, just the best! I would love to read one of these again. To bring back those memories..memories of first experiences with reading books.
Carmen Casanova
Sep 01, 2007 Carmen Casanova rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Shelves: enidblytons
My first book on famous five!! Oh, wait... might be my first long-page book i read :)
Gabriel
Sep 10, 2012 Gabriel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The one that started it all. The first book I read of the series, found in my father's library when I was 9. The book that I read more times over than any other in my life so far (between 15 and 20, by my calculations). Simply superb.

My version is a Spanish translation by Editorial Juventud.
Jake Collins
Apr 20, 2014 Jake Collins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was always one of my favourite Fives, although I'm not really sure why. The castle, the chapel, the treasure and Old Great-Granddad must all feature somewhere in the reason.
Whitney Hallam
Feb 14, 2010 Whitney Hallam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
cooooooool for anyone.
Anne Marshall
Jul 09, 2008 Anne Marshall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: enid-blyton
I really enjoyed this one with the two Harries and Snippet the dog as well.
Jane Irish Nelson
The four children and Timmy the dog are paying guests at Finniston Farm, and find themselves shocked at the behavior of the other guests, and American and his son, Junior. (Enid Blyton must have really disliked Americans, from the way she portrays them in her books; as an American I rather resent this.) The Five like the Philpot family, who own the farm, and are trying to make ends meet — even the twins, Harry and Harriet, who resent having to take in guests. But when the four children volunteer ...more
Linneanorrlen
Den är lättläst men ändå bra! Jag läser oftast svårare böcker men jag hade förmodligen älskat denna när jag var mindre!
Katarina Dmitrievich-Shcherbatskaya
The history of Finniston fascinated me, still does!
David Sarkies
Five go after some profiteers
9 June 2014

Well, this one was a little better than the previous Famous Five adventure that I read, however once again there is a little shift in the nature of the story, which is always a good thing because, since this is book number 18, Blyton no doubt has settled down into a pattern that seems to work (and I suspect the pattern will continue with the last three books in this series). Basically the pattern goes like this: the Famous Five are on holidays so they mee
Natasha
Nov 02, 2014 Natasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The eighteenth instalment in the Famous Five series by Enid Blyton. Five on Finniston Farm sees George, Anne, Dick, Julian and Timmy off to stay at a struggling farm which has had to take in borders to put food on the table. The children help all they can, but find themselves hindered by Junior and his Pops, American visitors who are intent on buying items of historical significance to take home, much to the objection of ‘old great-granddad’.

An exciting and quick read aimed at those aged around
Devina
George, Anne, Dick, Julian dan gak ketinggalan Timmy, berkumpul lagi. Liburan kali ini mereka ngabisin wkt di Pertanian Finniston. Keluarga Finniston lagi butuh uang, makanya mereka nyewain kamar buat tamu yang mau liburan dipedesaan.. Disana mereka ketemu dg Anak2 Finniston yang jutek abis ama mereka pada awalnya..tapi setelah kenal dekat, jadi berteman baik deh.. Sesuai dg judulnya, ceritanya seputar harta karun gt.. Konon ditanah Finniston dulu ada puri, waktu diserbu ama musuh, Puri itu robo ...more
Stacey
This is the eighteenth installment of the Famous Five series. It isn't my favourite but close to.

The five, Julian, Dick, George, Anna and Timmy the Dog, visit Finniston farm.

Slowly they make friends with the "two Harries" (unison speaking twins Henry and Harriet).

They have to deal with stereotypical arrogant, rude and rich Americans Mr Henning and his spoilt rotten son Junior.

The children discover the buried and hidden ruins of an old (medieval) castle.
Thomas Johansson
Fem-gänget är ooooootroligt helylle och präktiga, mycket mer än vad jag minns från barndomen när jag läste många av böckerna om dem. Men det funkar. Det är rapp handling, kvick och naturlig dialog. Allt är jävligt mysigt och feelgood och när något dåligt händer eller verkar hända så vet man att det kommer att vändas till något positivt i slutändan. Kul nostalgitripp.
Filipe
Apr 05, 2014 Filipe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Normal book , really fast .. Famous Five go to the farm and get to know some awesome people and then they discover a huge thing , and help the farm people .. Very little book , 1 hour and 5 minutes on audiobook , althought really enjoyable because the audiobook had a lots of sounds ( birds, walking on grass, dog barks) behind the conversation .. Read it if you love Enid Blyton :)
Noora
Aug 16, 2012 Noora rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nuortenkirjat
Ihan ok viisikko, mutta kuten muutkin viisikot, toistaa tämäkin samaa kaavaa kuin ennenkin. Lähdetään lomaa viettämään jonnekin, löydetään salakäytävä kaninkolon avulla, taistellaan pahiksia vastaan ja lopulta pelastetaan salakäytävästä löytyneen aarteen avulla jotakin. Ja se jatkuva syöminen... Mutta ihan luettava kuitenkin, kuuluuhan kaavamaisuus kuitenkin sarjakirjojen lajiin.
Greg
Jun 14, 2011 Greg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun book! Though short, I enjoyed every bit of it. I'm keen on reading the rest of the books in the Famous Five series, for I got hooked to this book, every page keeping me interested as I read. A good read indeed!
Rahmadiyanti
Ini juga seri yang saya suka. Top b-g-t deh Tante Enid. Meski banyak yang kritik kalau ceritanya doski gitu-gitu aja, tapi masa kecil dan remaja saya bener-bener gak berwarna tanpa buku2 beliau, cieehhh!
Chazlida
Nov 18, 2008 Chazlida rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure, jnr-fic
Ceritanya oke, penggambaran suasana Inggris klasiknya asik, dan saya cukup terbawa suasana dengan alur ceritanya. Buku ini saya baca saat duduk di kelas 3 SD, dan diantara seri lima sekawan yang kebanyakan ide ceritanya hampir seragam, judul ini merupakan salah satu favorit saya.
Hastinasih Sophie
bayangkan kau menemukan harta karun berkarung-karung di sebuah tanah pertanian tua. itu fantasi yang luar biasa menyenangkan buat saya waktu kecil, bahkan masih sangat menyenangkan hingga setua ini..hehe..
Jeandana
Great story. i love how the story, the actual drama, starts after you have already gotten pulled in; it starts with a plausible event which then leads into their awesome adventures! An awesome book :)
Lisa
Jan 30, 2015 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one felt a bit clunkier and particularly formulaic to me. The twins were kind of creepy and cardboard and the dastardly American had bizarre speech patterns that I found distracting.

So just three for this one. Although I did like the jackdaw.
Trace
Luke's Review: This is a five-star book because Anne, George (aka Georgina), Julian, Dick and Timmy (the Famous Five) found treasures such as gold, swords, daggers and jewelry at an old farm called Finniston Farm.
I am going to read Five on Treasure Island next!
Virgilio Machado
Rapazes e raparigas!
Aqui vai outra aventura dos famosos Cinco. A Zé, o Júlio, o David e a Aninhas com o célebre cão Tim, estão de novo envolvidos em sarilhos.
Vamos a ver se gostam?
Vossa amiga
Enid Blyton

Contracapa
Nessy
Nov 25, 2008 Nessy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Buku nostalgia yang sampai sekarang masih membangkitkan my wildest deram.
Aku mulai baca buku ini sejak kelas 1 SD.
Tentunya yang covernya yang lama.
Aakash
May 14, 2008 Aakash rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is most interesting detective book by Enid Blyton.
How they catch the solution to solve the solution that was most interesting part of that book.
But,I like it very much.
Srivardhan Ramesh
Mar 03, 2011 Srivardhan Ramesh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
wow! these people are GREAT! the mystery is..........unspeakable and dumbfounding. i suspect timmy is real cute. :)
Prashansa
Mar 30, 2011 Prashansa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: enid-blyton
The starting was good but ending was not. The best part was when George went to that American boy's room to serve him his breakfast.
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)
  • Di Gua Kelelawar (Lima Sekawan)
  • Uma Aventura no Teatro
  • The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #3)
  • Sete Dias e Sete Noites
  • Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Headless Horseman (Trixie Belden, #26)
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...

Famous Five (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1)
  • Five Go Adventuring Again (Famous Five, #2)
  • Five Run Away Together (Famous Five, #3)
  • Five Go to Smuggler's Top (Famous Five, #4)
  • Five Go Off in a Caravan (Famous Five, #5)
  • Five on Kirrin Island Again (Famous Five, #6)
  • Five Go Off to Camp (Famous Five, #7)
  • Five Get Into Trouble (Famous Five, #8)
  • Five Fall Into Adventure (Famous Five, #9)
  • Five on a Hike Together (Famous Five, #10)

“Just the same old couple!’ said Dick. ‘You’ve got a spot on your chin, George, and why on earth have you tied your hair into a ponytail, Anne?’ ‘You’re not very polite, Dick,’ said George, bumping him with her suitcase. ‘I can’t think why Anne and I looked forward so much to seeing you again. Here, take my suitcase – haven’t you any manners?’ ‘Plenty,’ said Dick, and grabbed the case. ‘I just can’t get over Anne’s new hairdo. I don’t like it, Anne – do you, Ju? Ponytail! A donkey tail would suit you better, Anne!” 0 likes