Start by marking “The Greatest Success in the World” as Want to Read:
The Greatest Success in the World

The Greatest Success in the World

Through the deeply inspirational story of one extraordinary man who lived in the time of Christ —you, too, can learn to shed failure, overcome frustration and heartbreak to achieve a rich, satisfying life of peace and guidance, you can play the game of life fearlessly — and win. Accept his precious gift of wisdom and know the true rewards of limitless personal success
Published 2007 (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about The Greatest Success in the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Greatest Success in the World

Chio
Nov 21, 2015 Chio rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fav
Muy buen libro, con muy buenos consejos para poner en práctica en la vida diaria.
Rob Habaradas
Jun 01, 2012 Rob Habaradas rated it it was ok
Shelves: inspirational
I first met Og Mandino (literary-ly) during my high school days when one of my friends brought his book, "The Greatest Salesman in the World". When I read that, I found it very interesting and, as far as I remember, was even part of one of my school reports.

Fast forward to 2011, my colleague gave me as a 2010 Christmas gift this book. A very short read, The Greatest Success in the World touches the same kind of format and theme that the Salesman did (successfully).

Am not sure if I already passe
Pamela
Oct 14, 2014 Pamela rated it it was amazing
"Todo el mundo debe ser rico, aunque solo sea por un día, para que cada uno pueda comprender que el ser rico no es la condición ideal que la mayoría cree que es"
"Que triste es el hombre que se vuelve esclavo de sus ocupaciones o de su carrera, que olvide que fue creado para gozar de este hermoso mundo y pronto quede ciego a los milagros de la naturaleza que tienen lugar ante sus propios ojos todos los días"
"Haz tu mejor esfuerzo en las cosas que mejor haces y sabrás, en tu alma, que eres el exit
Yougo
Feb 28, 2012 Yougo rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
A quick read, I did enjoy this book much. I didn't necessarily enjoy it for the self-help information, but it did present some interesting cultural aspects that I had never considered before. The story itself seems to take a little longer than necessary to get to the self-help information, however that wasn't the part of the story that I found most interesting.

The story centers around Zacheaus who is mentioned in the book of Luke in the bible. The bible only has about 10 verses about him, but th
Eric
May 17, 2011 Eric rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge fan of Mandino's "Greatest Salesman in the World". It's one of three non-scripture books that I read on a yearly basis.

I decided that I should try to read some of his other books, and as luck would have it, this one was sitting out on the shelf at the library, like it was ready for me to take.

It is a quick read and a decent story, but I felt that Og tried too hard to copy the magic that happened in GSMITW and it just didn't work for me. It wasn't bad, by any standards, it just wasn't
David Ash
May 30, 2016 David Ash rated it really liked it
This is a good book about a man named Zacchaeus from the point of view of his friend, a man named Joseph. The story follows them on their journey through life. Zacchaeus is a very kind man and in the story he builds up his business to become wealthy and the book teaches about how his kindness was able to lead him to a happy life instead of his wealth. It's a good read that teaches how to have the most successful life possible.
Yan
Apr 25, 2014 Yan rated it it was amazing
Og Mandino is truly a great spiritual teacher! Zacchaeus is indeed one of the most inspiring characters in the Bible and the way Og Mandino retell his story in this book makes me want to believe that everything happened exactly as Joseph narrated. The 10 Commandments of Success is as powerful as the Ten Commandments itself.
Jenelle Morena
Sep 16, 2012 Jenelle Morena rated it liked it
Even though I have read only the ten commandments of success part in our school library, I was captured by this book. This would profoundly inspire and motivate you to reach success the right way. I learned to be more patient because only with patience would perseverance follow.
Tihomir
May 03, 2012 Tihomir rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, leadership
Onother inspiring sorry from Og Mandino. It was a great source of wisdom and new way of thinking for life. I really loved the book !
Miriam "Mayang" Azurin
We read this for our subject on ethics. It's everything you already know but written with Mandino's impeccable allegories and imagery to bring old truths into higher levels of thought.
Bo
Dec 07, 2012 Bo rated it it was amazing
I really liked this one. I read a lot and this was really rewarding for me.
I would highly recommend any of Og's books!
D'vorah Lansky
D'vorah Lansky rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2010
The Wanderer
The Wanderer rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2015
Eriks Timrots
Eriks Timrots rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2014
Hamideh Mohammadi
Hamideh Mohammadi rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2008
Chad
Chad rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2010
Gloria Gorniak
Gloria Gorniak rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2012
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2009
Pam Delamora
Pam Delamora rated it it was ok
Mar 14, 2012
Joy Ce
Joy Ce rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2014
Juan Antonio
Juan Antonio rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2012
Sandra
Sandra rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2009
Tim O'donnell
Tim O'donnell rated it liked it
May 13, 2011
Jan Payne
Jan Payne rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2012
Michelle Torio
Michelle Torio rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2011
Neal D.
Neal D. rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2012
Tom Hyatt
Tom Hyatt rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2012
Steve Nitzel
Steve Nitzel rated it really liked it
May 21, 2008
  • The Alcoholism & Addiction Cure: A Holistic Approach to Total Recovery
  • My Way: The Way of the White Clouds
  • Four Essays on Love
  • The Pendragon Chronicles: Heroic Fantasy from the Time of King Arthur
  • The Little Red Book (AA)
  • Meek and Lowly
19753
Augustine "Og" Mandino II (December 12, 1923 – September 3, 1996) was an American author. He wrote the bestselling book The Greatest Salesman in the World. His books have sold over 50 million copies and have been translated into over twenty-five different languages. He was the president of Success Unlimited magazine until 1976 and is an inductee of the National Speakers Association's Hall Of Fame. ...more
More about Og Mandino...

“Work is not your enemy but your friend. How you work, not what you do, determines the course of your life. You may work grudgingly or you may work gratefully; you may work as a human or you may work as a robot. There is no work so rude that you may not exalt in it; no work so demeaning that you cannot breathe soul into it; no work so dull that you may not enliven it.” 0 likes