Start by marking “The Finest Frontier Town in the West (Fergal O'Brien, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Finest Frontier Town in the West (Fergal O'Brien, #2)

The Finest Frontier Town in the West (Fergal O'Brien, #2)

3.17  ·  Rating Details ·  6 Ratings  ·  1 Review
Tender Valley is a clean, friendly and law-abiding frontier town. In fact, it is such a fine town that an enterprising businessman might just designate it as the official Finest Frontier Town in the West, an award with a thousand-dollar prize.

New Utopia isn't as fine as Tender Valley, but the townsfolk there are desperate to win the award, and they're prepared to go to any

Published March 12th 2013 by AmazonEncore (first published August 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Finest Frontier Town in the West, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Finest Frontier Town in the West

Pat Cummings
Mar 16, 2015 Pat Cummings rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I cut my 10-year-old teeth on the exciting pages of Zane Grey Westerns, which occupied most of three shelves in the public library of the small town in which I grew up. With The Finest Frontier Town in the West , I. J. Parnham has captured some of that flavor and rustic humor in this tale of a civic rivalry gone wrong.

As I read it, I kept hearing dialog from Blazing Saddles in my mind, with echoes of O. Henry's short story, "The Ransom of Red Chief". Despite the less-than-heroic main characte
TAD W KRAJEWSKI
TAD W KRAJEWSKI rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Andrew W. Lindsay
Andrew W. Lindsay rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2015
Sheryl Paul
Sheryl Paul rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2015
Margaret Barlow
Margaret Barlow rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Vanessa Chamberlain
Vanessa Chamberlain rated it did not like it
Oct 02, 2015
Micah
Micah marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
TERRY K. STAFFORD
TERRY K. STAFFORD is currently reading it
Dec 16, 2014
Donna Pourciau
Donna Pourciau is currently reading it
Dec 24, 2014
Ian has written 40 western novels. 19 of these books are available on Kindle.

The Fergal O'Brien series featuring the adventures of a snake-oil seller has 7 volumes. Other series include the exploits of the lawman Cassidy Yates, comprising 9 books, and the 5 book Nathaniel McBain series.

His next hardback is The Mystery of Silver Falls, which is due out in September 2015 and his next paperback is Th
More about I.J. Parnham...