Start by marking “Pushin' Up Daisies (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pushin' Up Daisies (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #1)

Pushin' Up Daisies (A Black Swan Historical Romance #1)

Catherine O'Shea is the oldest and most responsible of the three O'Shea sisters. She has just buried her mother, one of the last victims of the flu epidemic of 1918. Her father had been one of the first to succumb to the flu and her fiance was killed in the war. And now there is a detective living at her hotel, the Black Swan, looking into the disappearance of her abusive ...more
Published November 20th 2012 by Montlake Romance (first published April 24th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Pushin' Up Daisies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pushin' Up Daisies

Shelley
Nov 26, 2016 Shelley rated it really liked it
Loved this book from the very first O'Shea sisters are quite a bunch. They are funny and sweet and full of life. Catherine and Quincey made a perfect couple and I loved watching it all unfold.
Kathi Wason
Oct 19, 2016 Kathi Wason rated it it was amazing
Oregon's Up Daisies

I really enjoyed reading the second part of this story. It just made the series even fuller and definitely more interesting. Can't wait to read the third installment. Really fun.
Dorcas
First off I always wonder why Carolyn Brown's books have so few reviews. She's a great author! My guess is that the book covers leave a lot to be desired; you really can't tell what the book is going to be about by looking at them. Such a shame! I don't know if she's classified as "Inspirational", I don't think so but I might be wrong. And people, that is really the best compliment. Cos when I look at Inspirational books I'm looking for a good clean read,I'm not looking to be preached at. ...more
Ginny Stokes-young
May 05, 2016 Ginny Stokes-young rated it really liked it
Interesting

Catherine and her sisters run a hotel and restaurant. Something had happened to her youngest sister's husband, but no one knows what.

Quincy had been hired by the husband's family to find out what happened to him. But there are real soaks between him and Catherine.

Suspense and romance, plus a bit of a lesson in history around WWI. Just the type of book I LOVE to read. Going to check out the next one in the series now!
Ginny Queior
Jun 02, 2016 Ginny Queior rated it it was amazing
Great Story

I love this series. I read this book second and Thin Air first. It's ok, as they didn't confuse me. The O'Shea sisters are great women..a bit remarkable, too! Catherine, the oldest of the three, has had a lot thrown at her in the last year. But, a beau comes along by the name of Baxter, and another named Quincy. What will happen, and who will she chose?
Mary23nm
I really enjoyed this small town historical romance. I felt it needed an epilogue, but it is part of a series.
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
Once again, Caroyln Brown has written another cute romance. I really liked this one, but it's not my favorite book that she has written.
Yasmin  Vasquez
Jun 24, 2015 Yasmin Vasquez rated it really liked it
Good

I enjoyed it a clean semi historical romance. I love the bond between the Oshea sisters. I love most of all the saying of pushin up daisies comes up a lot through out the book.
Angela Falco
Angela Falco rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2016
Sheronda D. Hill
Sheronda D. Hill rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2015
Brenda
Brenda rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2010
Lindsay Devane pedersen
Lindsay Devane pedersen rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2011
Toby Lonnecker
Toby Lonnecker rated it liked it
May 17, 2016
Jane F McDaniel
Jane F McDaniel rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2015
Lucinda Sutherland
Lucinda Sutherland rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2015
Donna
Donna rated it liked it
May 04, 2011
Marc Steensma
Marc Steensma rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2015
Alisha
Alisha rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2014
jim p. hanson
jim p. hanson rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2016
Mary Howard
Mary Howard rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Ida Silva
Ida Silva rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2015
Miki
Miki rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2009
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2016
Nancy J. Horner
Nancy J. Horner rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2016
Mary Smith
Mary Smith rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
Edwina Martel
Edwina Martel rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2014
reda lanier
reda lanier rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2015
Judy Avery
Judy Avery rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Janie Driver-Salas
Janie Driver-Salas rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Murdered House
  • Crimson Cipher
  • A Fete Worse Than Death (Jack Haldean Murder Mystery #1)
  • Broken Music
  • Lassoed in Texas Trilogy (Lassoed in Texas, #1-3)
  • Rag and Bone (Billy Boyle World War II, #5)
  • The Farmer's Bride Collection: 6 Romances Spring from Hearts, Home, and Harvest
  • The Prairie Romance Collection: 9 Historical Romances from America's Great Plains
  • Stitched with Love Collection
  • Lord Sidley's Last Season
  • Handpicked Husband (Texas Grooms, #1)
  • Maisie Dobbs and Birds of a Feather (Maisie Dobbs, #1 & #2)
  • Bride of the MacHugh
  • Once in a Blue Moon
  • Miss Verey's Proposal (Suffolk, #3)
  • My Lord Protector
  • Second Chance Brides (Texas Boardinghouse Brides, #2)
  • Sleep In The Woods
Hi! I'm twenty five years old and movie star gorgeous. The camera added thirty plus years and a few wrinkles. Can't trust those cameras or mirrors either. Along with bathroom scales they are notorious liars! Honestly, I am the mother of three fantastic grown children who've made me laugh and given me more story ideas than I could ever write. My husband, Charles, is my strongest supporter and my ...more
More about Carolyn Brown...

A Black Swan Historical Romance (3 books)
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)