Start by marking “A Trick of the Light (Angels & Outlaws, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Trick of the Light (Angels & Outlaws, #3)

A Trick of the Light (Angels & Outlaws #3)

Angels would have trouble getting along with Micah Burnet, and Tempest Lavalle's halo is twisted plumb out of shape by the time she gets to the plantation where her two married sisters are living. Micah was the handsomest of the three outlaws who escorted her and her sisters from San Antonio to Louisiana but he also has the biggest ego. Add that to Tempie's fiery temper, ...more
Published August 5th 2011 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about A Trick of the Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Trick of the Light

❆ Crystal ❆
Dec 10, 2015 ❆ Crystal ❆ rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. I enjoyed the plot. This book varied from the first two so I was thankful for that. The characters were fun and enjoyable to read about. This is listed as a Christian Romance and it doesn't have much of a Christian theme at all. It is a clean romance, but by no means preachy or religious... just good people trying to live an honest life.

Dorcas
THis is the third book in Carolyn Brown's trilogy, starting with "Wine To Water" and then "Walkin on Clouds". I would recommend all three books as they're clean with plenty of adventure, strong characters and romance.No preachiness whatsoever.
My only criticism for this book is there's a lot of "re-cap" of the other two books.So if you've read the others you'll be a bit antsy for the author to get back to the current story. But it's a helpful thing if you havent read the other two as it makes eac
Kurt Reincke
Jan 24, 2016 Kurt Reincke rated it really liked it
Delightful

It was fun to read and the way the writer seemed to capture the moments and to tell the story with humor and charm. Loved Tempest and enjoyed the whole story.
Book Review Diva
"A Trick Of Light” by Carolyn Brown

Micah Burnet thought that he had a wonderful fiancee who loved and cared for him. Micah could hardly wait to marry his fiancee, Sally, and make her his wife. Unfortunately, Micah will not get the chance to marry Sally. Out of no where his beloved fiancee becomes gravely ill, and has only hours to live. Right before Sally passes away she requests to speak with Micah, she needs to confess a horrible secret that she has been keeping from him. Sally is only tellin
Tommie Morris
Sep 13, 2016 Tommie Morris rated it it was amazing
Angels & Outlaws Series

I love all of this dear ladies stories..... This one is no different! An excellent tale from the past....very intertwining love story....I gave it my 5 stars....don't miss a delightful story about 3 sisters & 3 cousins.Enjoy!!
C.
Each of the three novella length stories in this trilogy is a fun read.

Well developed characters,and good banter. Clean reads,and this last one has a little added touch of mystery/suspense.

Highly recommended for those cowboy-lovin historical romance readers.
naomi ashcraft
Mar 02, 2016 naomi ashcraft rated it it was amazing
Great read

I totally enjoyed this series. Carolyn is a wonderful writer. I enjoy a good romance without all the excess sex scenes and she does a great job at keeping you entertained and intrigued.
Theresa Lowry
Jan 04, 2015 Theresa Lowry rated it it was amazing
Loved this one as much as the 1st one

Anyone who likes westerners with outspoken and colorful characters should read this. Carolyn Brown is a realistic and believable author.
Rachel
Apr 15, 2016 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Tempest before the storm

This book held my attention and kept me in suspense till the end. Imagery well described and completed the story line
Gay N
Oct 25, 2015 Gay N rated it really liked it
Good read

I've read the last two books in this series. Enjoyed them. I have no need to read book one about Della and Tyrell. The author told their story in the last two books.
Jennifer Mikeska
Jennifer Mikeska rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2016
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2015
Pam
Pam rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2014
Marsha Perdue
Marsha Perdue rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2014
Dulce M.
Dulce M. rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2015
Tammie Stevens
Tammie Stevens rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2016
PEGGY DUNN
PEGGY DUNN rated it it was ok
Apr 11, 2016
Shirley H. Smith
Shirley H. Smith rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2015
Lisa L. Spencer
Lisa L. Spencer rated it really liked it
May 21, 2016
Patricia Boos
Patricia Boos rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Nikki
Nikki rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2015
Sharyl Sutterfield
Sharyl Sutterfield rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Carren Jenne
Carren Jenne rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Olivia Hughes
Olivia Hughes rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2016
Doris Troy
Doris Troy rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Allison
Allison rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2015
chassady cooper
chassady cooper rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2015
William Young
William Young rated it really liked it
May 07, 2015
B D Brown
B D Brown rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2015
Deborah Graves
Deborah Graves rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2016
  • Mail Order Love
  • The Prairie Romance Collection: 9 Historical Romances from America's Great Plains
  • Lassoed in Texas Trilogy (Lassoed in Texas, #1-3)
  • Return to Red Castle
  • Love Finds You in Golden New Mexico
  • Handpicked Husband (Texas Grooms, #1)
  • The Cowboy's Sweetheart (The Cowboy Series, #6)
  • Fiesta Moon (Moonstruck #2)
  • Texas Twilight (McCutcheon Family, #2)
  • The Unlikely Wife (Bowen, #2)
  • Sleep In The Woods
  • Soaring Eagle (Prairie Winds, #2)
  • The Oregon Trail Romance Collection: 9 Stories of Life on the Trail into the Western Frontier
  • Kiss of the Christmas Wind
  • The House on the Cliff
  • The Farmer's Bride Collection: 6 Romances Spring from Hearts, Home, and Harvest
  • Finally a Bride (Texas Boardinghouse Brides, #3)
  • A Home at Trail's End (Homeward on the Oregon Trail, #3)
Hi! I'm twenty five years old and movie star gorgeous. The camera added thirty plus years and a few wrinkles. Can't trust those cameras or mirrors either. Along with bathroom scales they are notorious liars! Honestly, I am the mother of three fantastic grown children who've made me laugh and given me more story ideas than I could ever write. My husband, Charles, is my strongest supporter and my ...more
More about Carolyn Brown...

Angels & Outlaws (3 books)
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
  • Walkin' on Clouds (Angels & Outlaws, #2)