Start by marking “It's Really 10 Months: The Glow of Pregnancy and Other Blatant Lies” as Want to Read:
It's Really 10 Months: The Glow of Pregnancy and Other Blatant Lies

It's Really 10 Months: The Glow of Pregnancy and Other Blatant Lies

To: Moms (or Dads) to Be
From: Celeste, Kim & Natalie
Subject: It’s Really 10 Months!

No one ever tells you about all of the crap that happens to you when you’re pregnant. Like, for example, it’s not nine months, it’s ten long months.

We are three thirty-something women who were fortunate enough to be pregnant at the same time. We shared our questions, fears, humor, and e
Published September 2nd 2013 by Anam Cara Books (first published July 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about It's Really 10 Months, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Really 10 Months

Jana
Apr 02, 2014 Jana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a fun, fact-checked, girlfriend's guide to pregnancy, built on the premise of three women emailing each other through the latter half of their pregnancies. The authors have a doctor check in on the realities of what they are discussing, providing a voice of reason or a voice of consolation as needed. Because the women had unique experiences and problems, it helped normalize pregnancy for me. One already had a child, one had step children, and one was a total newbie. Two were ...more
Peyton Price
Feb 24, 2014 Peyton Price rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My kids have been tying their own shoes for quite some time now, but reading the funny and frank exchanges among these three pregnant friends took me right back. They perfectly capture that strange feeling of not knowing exactly what is going on inside you. . .but maybe not wanting to know. . .OK I wanna know, just tell me. Their vivid descriptions made my ladyparts cringe. (I simultaneously Kegeled because I was laughing at the same time.) If you need some girlfriends to keep you company as you ...more
Michelle Phillips
This book had me laughing out loud more than once! I really enjoyed reading about Kim, Natalie, and Celeste's pregnancies and all that went with it. It was a no holds barred look at three different pregnancies that not only entertained me, but helped prepare me for my pregnancy and the birth of my child. I enjoyed the humor of it, the comments from an actual doctor, and the quick tips from the three ladies. I've already bought two of the books they recommended!
Alison
Dec 11, 2013 Alison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Pregnant women, mom's to be, women, teens, dads to be
Perfect baby shower gift!
I couldn't get enough of these stories. I'm not pregnant, not a parent, and don't plan on being either any time soon, but I loved this book! The email communication between the three girls made me feel like I was right with them through their pregnancies and "The Taco Bell" debacle. I would recommend this to anyone that is in need for a funny read.
Danielle Banks
May 21, 2014 Danielle Banks rated it it was amazing
A fantastic read!

As a newly pregnant woman in her 30's I was looking for a book written in language that I c would understand. This was it. l only wish I had waited to finish and deliver with one of these ladies. It will lift your spirit and make you smile!
Lisa
May 31, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laugh out loud funny - these girls are hilarious!
For anyone who is currently pregnant or knows someone who is, and also for everyone who has gone through it. My last pregnancy was in 1996 and I laughed until I cried multiple times. Great book about the truth about pregnancy.
Nicole
Mar 09, 2014 Nicole rated it liked it
Informative and slightly horrifying. I think these ladies need to check their math on the whole 10 months things though. There are 4 1/2 months in each month not 4. Logic problems are annoying and that really annoyed me.
Sabrina
3.5 this book was super funny and a very open telling of what their pregnancies were like. I think if you are looking for informative this isn't the best book but if you just want to read someone else explain pregnancy woes it's worth the read
Kimberly
Mar 02, 2015 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly enjoyed reading this one! It was a fun, fact-filled, humorous book about pregnancy!
Sarah Wilson
Oct 09, 2013 Sarah Wilson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Good stuff. Very funny.
Kristi
Sep 13, 2016 Kristi rated it did not like it
DNF - a series of boring emails between 3 women about their pregnancies
Ashley
Jun 23, 2014 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun read, good for a few laughs. I stumbled upon the book while looking for titles that are more factual and informative about pregnancy, and I thought "Why not?"

I didn't expect to enjoy the format, but it worked. The book is comprised of e-mails exchanged among three friends who happened to be pregnant at the same time. Their messages authentically depict the anxieties and joys of pregnancy as well as the pressing need for a robust sense of humor during these months.

I would recommen
CHERYLE  O'MALLEY
Jan 14, 2016 CHERYLE O'MALLEY rated it really liked it
THIS BOOK IS PRETTY FUNNY AND INFORMATIVE, ESPECIALLY FOR FIRST-TIME MOMS WHO MAY NOT KNOW MUCH OF WHAT TO EXPECT DURING PREGNANCY AND DELIVERY. IT'S A RELATIVELY FAST READ, A COUPLE DAYS ON AVERAGE. THE ONLY COMPLAINT I HAVE IS THAT THERE ARE SEVERAL SHORT SECTIONS WRITTEN IN VERY VERY SMALL PRINT THAT I COULDN'T READ EVEN WITH A MAGNIFYING GLASS. THAT BEING SAID, IF YOU HAVE POOR EYESIGHT YOU MIGHT WANT TO SAVE YOUR MONEY AND NOT PURCHASE THIS BOOK.
Nevy
Jul 24, 2014 Nevy rated it it was amazing
So funny

So funny

This book made me lol for real. I'm not pregnant yet, but hoping for it soon. It was good to read some of the candid things other people won't tell you. Thanks to Natalie, Kim, and Celeste for sharing.
Jessah
Jun 12, 2016 Jessah rated it it was amazing
This book is reminiscent of the emails I exchanged with my own girlfriends during our concurrent pregnancies, but perhaps a little more graphic - which I appreciated! Definitely made me laugh out loud, and helped me to feel prepared for whatever came my way during my own pregnancy and labor.
Teri Biebel
Jun 05, 2014 Teri Biebel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was fantastic from start to finish! I wish it was written back a thousand years ago when I was pregnant with my kids. GREAT gift for a mom-to-be, and just a fun easy read even if you're not having a baby!
Sarah-Joy
Mar 09, 2015 Sarah-Joy rated it it was amazing
Great book! Full of humor.

I honestly cracked up. A great read! I'm thankful for an honest accounting of the ten months of pregnancy from these women.
Readable and entertaining enough. I read it for research for an article I was writing. Funny in parts. Very American.
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2014
Cecilia Freer
Cecilia Freer rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2015
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2014
Jennifer Cappeto
Jennifer Cappeto rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2014
Natalie Held
Natalie Held rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2015
Amanda Burroughs
Amanda Burroughs rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2015
Kristine
Kristine rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Danielle Callison
Danielle Callison rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Cecilia
Cecilia rated it it was ok
Dec 16, 2014
Shayna Royal
Shayna Royal rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2014
Laurel
Laurel rated it it was ok
Aug 31, 2016
Laura rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2016
  • Homefires
  • Digitarum
  • Kidnapping My Daughter
  • The Nightmare Stone
  • The Stasis (Powerless #3)
  • The Sweetest Fling
  • The Glimpsing
  • The Trouble with Demons (Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom, #1 - #5)
  • Scinegue: The Scinegue Conspiracy (The Scinegue Series, #1)
The creative writer and dreamer. This is the poor soul who thought she’d be lunching with friends and leisurely shopping while on maternity leave. Poor thing didn’t even see the truck that hit her. Natalie holds a master’s degree in social work and works in the field of brain and spinal cord injury rehabilitation. She, her husband, and their three kids live in Omaha.
More about Natalie Guenther...