Start by marking “Where the Lovelight Gleams” as Want to Read:
Where the Lovelight Gleams

Where the Lovelight Gleams

Will co-stars take their romance offscreen this Christmas?

Actor Ryan Drake is pining. He may get to kiss gorgeous Cary Holloway on the set of their hit sci-fi TV show, but he knows it’ll never happen in real life. Charming Cary—the son of Hollywood royalty—has a starlet girlfriend, and despite their sizzling onscreen chemistry, he and Ryan are just friends. Right?

But Chris
Expected publication: December 5th 2016 by KA Books (first published December 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Where the Lovelight Gleams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where the Lovelight Gleams

Blame It on the Mistletoe by Eli EastonSock it to Me, Santa! by Madison  ParkerUnwrapping Hank by Eli EastonLet It Snow by Heidi CullinanThe Christmas Throwaway by R.J. Scott
M/M CHRISTMAS Books
56th out of 216 books — 266 voters
The Christmas Throwaway by R.J. ScottCrossing Borders by Z.A. MaxfieldWarrior's Cross by Madeleine UrbanThe Dickens with Love by Josh LanyonSock it to Me, Santa! by Madison  Parker
Best Gay Winter'ish Holiday Romance
85th out of 262 books — 342 voters

More lists with this book...

Gigi
Dec 07, 2013 Gigi rated it really liked it
Recommended to Gigi by: Leta Blake
Adorable short story and perfect for a taste of Christmas cheer. The epilogue wrapped things up perfectly and sent these boys off holding hands in a winter wonderland. Recommended!
Ami
The best thing about this novella -- aside that it being SO VERY CHRISTMAS-Y, in snowy cabin in the Great White North, Canada, no less! -- was how Keira Andrews managed to throw away all my concerns about cliché tropes. Several times I was sighing in discontent with the plot introduced to find out on the next pages that she didn't go the way I thought she would.

I will explain in a moment...

First of all, Ryan pining over Cary was so cute! I loved his inner thoughts -- on how he struggled to contr
Mandy*reads obsessively*

Someone ( Ami ) kept badgering telling me I should read this ultimate Christmasy story.
So of course I did. ;)
Ryan and Cary are both stars of a new TV show and are good friends, but that's where the similarities end.
Ryan had an ideal childhood. A loving family with traditions and acceptance.
Cary doesn't have that, so many step parents, pressures and a less than accepting family, poor little rich kid.
So when he gets the chance to spend Christmas with Ryan and his family in a cabin in the mid
R * A Reader Obsessed *
Dec 04, 2015 R * A Reader Obsessed * rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, holidays
Come on now, this is Keira Andrews and I wasn't surprised that I quite enjoyed this.

Ryan has been in love with his costar since the day they met and he struggles to keep his feelings under wraps... perhaps a little too well. Seems his spontaneous invite to his family's cabin over the Christmas holiday however, is just the impetus for Cary to take the next step. Such close quarters make it hard to deny his desires, but will Ryan's false protestations backfire?

As usual this did not disappoint on
Susan
Dec 09, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas, mm
A friends-to-lovers story, how I love that!

Ryan and Cary are both actors in the same show. Ryan is openly gay, Cary is straight.

When Ryan invites Cary over to spend Christmas with his family he doesn’t expect Cary to actually accept. Ryan has been in love with Cary for some time now, but because Cary is straight he knows it won’t lead to anything.

description

Of course the two get even closer over the holidays and when there is a kiss in the snow, Ryan suspects Cary is not as straight as he thought.

description

This had
Meags
4 Stars

What’s not to love!? Friends to lovers, celebrity MCs, scorching hot first times, awesome family feels, and lots and lots of Christmas cheer!

I really loved the fact that Ryan and Cary were besties who were secretly pining for one another; the UST here was palpable from the first page. They were a very sweet couple and their story was absolutely delightful – unsurprisingly, because it seems Keira Andrews can do no wrong in my eyes.
Sara
Here’s the thing. I rarely re-read a book. I like to keep the feelings of the first time experience and move on and yet when we laid out our reading for the HolidayWeek on the blog, I knew I would read this again. Not only because I failed to review it last year when I read it, but there was something about it that told me it would be worth it. You know what? It so was.

I love how the book starts, with the on screen kiss of Ryan and Cary. You feel Ryan’s want as he gets lost in the fake kiss and
Susan
Jan 03, 2015 Susan rated it liked it

Books about actors don't usually do it for me...

But this one was enjoyable nonetheless. Keira Andrews is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. And this friends-to-lovers, bi-for-you, mountain-cabin holiday book pressed a lot of the right buttons.

My last holiday book until next year. A good one to end with!

PS: I'm kind fascinated with the whole "ice fishing" thing. I really want to try it sometime...bucket list!

Eli Easton
Dec 08, 2013 Eli Easton rated it really liked it
This was a fun little Christmas novella that packed a nice amount of UST and heat. I read it online sitting. Recommended.
Giulio
Dec 08, 2013 Giulio rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Adorable short Christmas story. All the ingredients are perfectly balanced. Loved it.
Nerea
Oct 11, 2016 Nerea rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-xmas
Very cute and lovely Christmas novella ♥ 3.5*
DaisyGirl
4.0 Stars

Ryan and Cary were adorable in this short holiday story. I loved that they both were alternately shy and unsure at times and confident and determined at others. I enjoyed both characters but would have liked the story to be longer. I wanted to know more about Cary's family dynamic and his relationship with his GF. I was totally smitten with the cabin in the Great White North and Ryan's family.

Bottom line: a white Christmas treat.
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧ •°**★Camelot Dreamer❧ •°**★
Mar 04, 2016 ¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧ •°**★Camelot Dreamer❧ •°**★ rated it really liked it
Recommended to ¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧ •°**★Camelot Dreamer❧ •°**★ by: Gigi
4 Star Christmas Sweetness!

This Was A Warm Winter Read, With A Wonderful Epilouge.

This book, is Pure Sweeness Filled with Sugar cookies, an Accident Mayhap, that makes this an Adorable Christmas Read, for sure.

Thank you Gigi, you were right, this was a much better fit
Bev
Loved this one from Keira Andrews. Another to add to my rapidly expanding Christmas Crackers bookshelf. 4 stars from me.

Ryan is an out and proud actor working on a spoof sci-fi series with Cary, and has been in love with him for ages BUT when the script they're working on calls for their characters to kiss, it's absolute torture for Ryan. The guys are really good friends, and Ryan understands that Cary is having problems with his girlfriend, so as Christmas approaches, gives him an open invitat
Finnegan
Ryan is a gay actor lusting after his straight co-star and friend Cary. He invites Cary home for Christmas, and home means a cottage somewhere in Canada, surrounded by snow and coziness. There, among snow fights and ice fishing, Ry realised that Cary may have feelings for him too.

I think this story works as a holiday read. I have never experienced a white Christmas, as Christmas over here in South Africa is hot as hell and I spend it halfway submerged in a swimming pool. But this book made me lo
Dec 09, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
Joer, yo también quiero pasar las navidades en una cabaña en Canadá *.*

Sigo con mis lecturas navideñas, y esta novella me ha dejado muy buen sabor de boca. Me gusta cómo se desarrolla ese friends-to-lovers, me gustan los protagonistas y me gustan los secundarios. Pero sobre todo, me gusta que al final los conflictos que surgen, que son inevitables, se solucionen con comunicación (hay libros en los que parece que los protagonistas no conocen el significado de la palabra).

Una historia perfecta p
Sadonna
Dec 08, 2013 Sadonna rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this story of Cary and Ryan :) Sweet how these two best friends - one gay and one "straight" move from friends to awkward to more. Loved Ryan's whole family and the Christmas/Boxing Day traditions and how they embraced Cary immediately. Cary is pretty brave and Ryan supports him in what he needs to do. This could have been sappy and shallow in the wrong hands, but ends up being warm and humorous in a short word count. Well done!
Janna
Dec 13, 2013 Janna rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
2.5 stars. More 'telling' than 'showing' and not much depth in the romantic arc. It all felt a bit too cliche as well, with a not too original take on the Gay For You trope. It was entertaining while it lasted, but not very memorable I'm afraid. Just an okay feel good Christmas story.
Catherine
*** 3.5 Stars ***

“But you want me too? Right?”
Cary ran his fingertip over Ryan’s lips. “All the time. In every way.”

5… 4… 3… 2… 1… Awwwww!
Tori Thompson
Jan 02, 2014 Tori Thompson rated it it was amazing
This was yet another sweet holiday story. I liked Ryan and Cary, and Ryan's family was fabulous. A little drama, a coming out, and some light sex. Worth picking this one up!
Mrs. Reader
Apr 25, 2016 Mrs. Reader rated it really liked it
This book has everything I love in it friends to lovers, a little bit of miscommunication and a supportive family.
Fani
Sweet and mildly angsty. My first Keira Andrews and it made me want to read more of hers.
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: http://headouttheoven.blogspot.com/20...

Where The Lovelight Gleams is another holiday read that just keeps us all blanketed in the warmth of the Christmas Holidays. This is it the time to read all the heartwarming and positive books to get charged for that holiday spirit that can bring down even the staunchest of holiday-ers.

Here, we have Keira Andrews bringing in the love. Two Christmases in a row. We get to meet two of Hollywood's brightest, and youngest stars. Ryan and Car
LiveYourLife BuyTheBook
Dec 17, 2013 LiveYourLife BuyTheBook rated it really liked it
4 Stars
A "Live Your Life, Buy The Book" Review

This was a very sweet read. If this Christmas story doesn’t give you cheer I don’t know what will. It manages to throw in so many perfect Christmas moments and yet not come off cheesy or predictable. It had a very innocent feel with some very sexy scenes. I thought the family in this one was great. They meet at their cabin in the woods to celebrate a family time filled Christmas. I found the setting and family completely adorable and charming.

Ryan an
dblue
Jan 03, 2014 dblue rated it really liked it
This was my last holiday read of 2013. It is so sweet and romantic and is centered around two men who come from completely different backgrounds. Ryan and Cary are actors on a television show whose script has brought them into an intimate situation. Ryan has had a crush on Cary since they met , but Cary is straight and Ryan is not, so he must keep his feelings to himself. When shooting wraps up for the holidays,Ryan is talking to Cary about Christmas with his family in Canada and learns that ...more
Dec 07, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
I've read four holiday books in the last four days, and this was by far the best of the lot. I've read books by Keira Andrews before and I always love them, but I feel like this is possibly her one of her best books yet. Or maybe I'm just so in love with these characters right now that I can't see past that! First, the book is just so damn Christmassy that my heart lit up like a Christmas tree while reading it. Second, Cary and Ryan are so cute together that I wanted to roll around in them for ...more
Heather C
Where the Lovelight Gleams is a cute, Christmassy friends-to-lovers romance that put a huge smile on my face!

Out gay actor, Ryan Drake, has been lusting after his straight co-star Cary Holloway. When Cary expresses his lack of excitement at spending the holidays with his girlfriend, Ryan invites Cary home to his family's Canadian cottage. But Ryan never expected Cary to accept his offer...now Ryan has to figure out how to keep his secret desires to himself and not ruin their friendship.

Okay, I
Maxine
Dec 05, 2013 Maxine rated it it was amazing
This was exactly the heartwarming and sexy holiday romance I was looking for. I loved the unique set-up of the MCs being young actors on a sci-fi show, and it was touching to see them both struggle with their feelings. (view spoiler) Another thing that stands out is the setting. It was so Christmassy and beautiful! Some holiday books are really in name only, with t ...more
Leta Blake
Nov 17, 2013 Leta Blake rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reveal my bias by admitting that I helped to edit this book, but don't let that fool you into thinking it impacts my rating. This book is a perfect, cozy, heart-warming holiday read with characters you can fall in love with while they fall in love with each other. Ryan and Cary are actors, but the majority of the action takes place in a winter wonderland setting, away from the glitz and drama of Hollywood. Yet the problems of their position follow them to some degree, lending ...more
Eve
Dec 09, 2013 Eve rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Great short read to get you in the Christmasy Spirit!!! I read it in half an afternoon between the commute home and while cooking dinner! Couldn't put it down once I got started, anxious to see how Ryan & Cary would get they HEA! Loved the epilogue and the only thing I was missing was more, more, more Ryan & Cary!
:) My first read by Ms. Andrews but it definitely will not be my last! Can't believe I've only just found her!
  • Gaudete
  • A Prairie Dog's Love Song (Heartwarming)
  • Feathers From the Sky
  • Inseparable (Inseparable, #1)
  • The Trouble With Elves
  • Sweet and Sour
  • Christmas Kitsch
  • Something to Believe In
  • Merry Gentlemen
  • In Another Life (Heartwarming)
  • Cold Feet
  • Christmas Delights
  • Humbug
  • The Heart of Frost  (North Pole City Tales #2)
  • I Spy Something Christmas (I Spy, #3)
  • Sleigh Ride (Minnesota Christmas, #2)
  • Bianca's Plan
  • Holiday Roommates
After writing for years yet never really finding the right inspiration, Keira discovered her voice in gay romance, which has become a passion. She writes contemporary, historical, paranormal and fantasy fiction, and—although she loves delicious angst along the way—Keira firmly believes in happy endings. For as Oscar Wilde once said, “The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what ...more
More about Keira Andrews...