Start by marking “Flying High (DC Super Friends)” as Want to Read:
Flying High (DC Super Friends)

Flying High (DC Super Friends: Step into Reading: Step 1)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  151 ratings  ·  17 reviews
SOMETHING STRANGE HAS happened to the birds of GOTHAM CITY. Pigeons are causing traffic jams, seagulls are making trouble at a nearby beach, and ostriches have escaped from the zoo! THE PENGUIN has enlisted his fine feathered friends to distract the DC SUPER FRIENDS while he swoops in and plucks GOTHAM’s biggest bank clean! Will BATMAN, SUPERMAN, and the other DC SUPER FRI ...more
Published May 27th 2008 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Flying High, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flying High

Miloš & Brontë
Papa: So Beans, what did you think?

Miloš: I thought that...well...really Green Lantern shouldn't help Superman, but that was nice, and at the beach it's cool that they put Josephus in there.

Papa: Yeah that's one of my favourite parts too.

Miloš: I like when the Penguin robs the bank. I like that he got stopped by Batman.

Papa: Hang on.

Miloš: What?

Papa: Why did you the Penguin to lose to Batman? What's wrong with robbing a bank?

Miloš: Nothing.

Papa: Why is there nothing wrong with robbing a bank?
Jennifer Warrick Davis
I recently bought this book in a set for my 6 year old son.

The birds are going crazy in Gotham. Batman figures out that the Penguin is up to no good. The Penguin has made a machine that is upsetting all the birds, hoping that the Super Friends will remain detracted while he robs the bank. Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, The Flash, and Aquaman work together to save the day. Easy text, and great illustrations. My son needed very little help with reading this book.
Samantha
This is step 1 in the Step into Reading series. This book follows Batman, Superman, Flash, Aquaman, and Green Lantern as they fly around town helping the Gotham City from the antics of the Penguin. This is a great book to engage young boys in reading about their favorite super heroes. The text is simple and largely printed.

Merged review:

This book is an introductory to reading book level one for preschool and kindergarten readers. As stated on the back cover of the book, the font is large, the w
Erica
Apr 14, 2015 Erica rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Level E through G readers who like superheroes
This book has a surprisingly interesting plot for a Level 1 superhero story. Although the illustrations seem better in the World of Reading Marvel series, I've found that the writing is much better in the DC Friends series.
Jake
Aug 13, 2008 Jake added it
Shelves: books-we-own
For some random reason, I drive mommy crazy requesting she read this book multiple times a night. Mommy doesn't understand why Batman and Superman would be hanging out (along with the 3 other guys) . . . wouldn't it make more sense to split up and help more cities? If the super heroes are SUPER, they don't really need to tag team. Or so mom says.
Amy
My nephew loves super heroes. This is his first super hero book, and boy, did we read this one a lot! I appreciated that this book wasn't a traditional comic book, but instead an early reader in traditional early reader style format. This was a great merger of the super hero tale he wants, and the early reader book format that I want.
Beth
Normally with the kids books, I don't pay much attention to plot, especially with these early readers. This one was just plain goofy with the birds distracting the Super Friends. But superheroes are my son's favorite thing right now. So he loved it and I laughed at how bad it was.
jacky
Natalie really likes superheroes, but finding nonviolent stories is a little tricky. This one did a pretty good job. It focused on her favorite (Batman) and kept things simple. Not sure she understood about robbing the bank, though.
Sharon
Feeds into Danny's current obsession with super heroes. He runs around the house yelling, "Spiderman (or Super Hero of the day) saves the day!" A hand-me-down from the cousins, I believe.
Nancy Jo Lambert
Perfect for my K and 1 friends! This super hero early reader is really going to be a hit! Sparse on story, but the super hero characters will be loved by the boys!!!
Randie
A superhero book that is engaging and fun for kiddos learning to read.

My son was disappointed that the bad guy was not on the cover, lol.
John Yelverton
Cute and fun little reader to get children interested in reading through their favorite super-heroes.
Danny
May 01, 2011 Danny marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Given to us by Eric and Whitney. The boys aren't quite up to comic book heroes.
It just lacked.
Vtran
Vtran marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
C
C marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Reid
Reid added it
Jun 21, 2015
  • Star Wars: What Is A Wookiee? (DK Readers)
  • The Cat in the Hat the Movie!: Cooking with the Cat
  • Old, New, Red, Blue! (Step into Reading) (Cars movie tie in)
  • I'm a Big Brother
  • Thomas Goes Fishing (Thomas & Friends)
  • Penguins, Penguins, Everywhere!
  • I Broke My Trunk!
  • Dirt on My Shirt
  • Driving Buddies (Step into Reading) (Cars movie tie in)
  • "Stand Back," Said the Elephant, "I'm Going to Sneeze!"
  • The Little Red Hen
  • Dinosaur Days
  • It's Not Easy Being Big! (Bright & Early Books)
  • Franklin Rides A Bike
  • Boom Chicka Rock
  • How Do Dinosaurs Learn to Read?
  • The Night Before the Night Before Christmas
  • Pete the Cat: Pete at the Beach
Spirit Animals: The Book of Shane #1 Spirit Animals: The Book of Shane #2 Spirit Animals: The Book of Shane #3 Hero Story Collection The Book of Shane (Spirit Animals: The Book of Shane, #1)