Start by marking “New York Cult Recipes” as Want to Read:
New York Cult Recipes

New York Cult Recipes

New York Cult Recipes lets the reader into the secrets of New York's legendary dining scene.

Discover 130 recipes that unlock the secrets of New York's cult food establishments. Learn the secret to creating the perfect BLT, make the ultimate cheeseburger or for something a little sweeter, indulge in a cinnamon roll, smoothie or famous New York cheesecake. Brimming with deli
Published October 1st 2013 by Murdoch Books (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about New York Cult Recipes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New York Cult Recipes

Meryl
Sep 20, 2016 Meryl rated it really liked it
I don't usually pick up cookbooks but this one caught my eye as I've always been fascinated with New York. The book is a fun primer on the city's food, peppered with tips on how you can make them at home. The recipes are mostly basic, comfort food, perfect for kitchen newbies hoping to put a dash of New York into their cooking repertoire. I'm excited to try some of them!
Mandi
Dec 03, 2013 Mandi added it
I love New York and so I wasn’t that fussed about whether this was an actual ‘usuable’ cookbook or not. I would have been satisfied with a few ‘spirit of New York’ dishes and some great photos of my second favourite city in the world.

As it happens, there are actually page after page of recipes I can’t wait to try. Smoothies, pancakes, bagels and burgers – my mouth was watering from start to finish. I can’t recommend this one enough, for any fan of NY or cooking, and especially a lover of both. R
Amanda
Apr 13, 2016 Amanda rated it really liked it
If you're expecting to discover foodie secrets about NY, this isn't the book for you. It is, however, filled with realistic recipes that could become standards in your home (if they're not already). I could see myself making every single dish. It would a much cooler alternative to a "basics" cookbook for a recent grad or someone learning to cook. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to give it as a gift.
Kim
Aug 09, 2016 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks

The photographs and the memories they evoke of eating good food in New York City is what makes this cookbook worthwhile for me. The recipes are okay, but nothing all that special. Or at least, I probably have most of them in other books. Still, whenever I feel like indulging in a bit of NYC food nostalgia, this is the book I'll turn to.
Boran
Jan 11, 2015 Boran rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Biraz Yahudi Mutfağı, biraz Uzak Doğu Mutfağı, biraz şekerleme, biraz abur cubur, biraz şipşak atıştırmalıklar, tabi ki burgerler, sandviçler, salatalar ve nadiren pek sağlıklı tarifler ama hakikaten NY sokaklarında yenen en gözde şeyler. Olmazsa olmaz!
Karolina
Sep 05, 2014 Karolina rated it it was amazing
Very well explained recipes accompanied by great photography. Very insightful guide to NY food. Great book for all foddies.
terry booth
terry booth rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2016
sandy
sandy rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2016
Steph Ravida
Steph Ravida rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2014
Nick
Nick rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2015
Ruth Hayes
Ruth Hayes rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2016
Sändi
Sändi rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Thitirat B. Luu
Oct 07, 2015 Thitirat B. Luu rated it liked it
It's nothing new.
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2015
Jonathan Oliver
Jonathan Oliver rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2015
Holly
Holly rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2015
Pamela
Pamela rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2015
Ndestio
Ndestio rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2016
Kelly Beestone
Kelly Beestone rated it really liked it
May 14, 2015
Karine
Karine rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Sophie Clary
Sophie Clary rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2014
lyla82
lyla82 rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2014
4cats
4cats rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2015
Andrew Kay
Andrew Kay rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Stephanie Richard
Stephanie Richard rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2013
Pat
Pat rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2015
Jane
Jane rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2014
Magrat
Magrat rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2016