Start by marking “King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table” as Want to Read:
King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table

King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  18 reviews
In a world of wizards, giants, and dragons, King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table are the only defense against the forces of evil that threaten the kingdom of Camelot. Written in graphic-novel format."
Published September 1st 2006 by Stone Arch Books

To ask other readers questions about King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table

Abdi
This bood starts off with a war that happened a long time .then a king had a baby but the New people would come after him so he gave her s kid to a man to keep him safe.the kid was dieing so he had a sword put in a rock of magic.he said "the person that can pull this sword out would came come the king.thousands of man could not do it .but a king came out of no where pull out the sword.after everyone said calling him King Arthur of Camelot.the Arthur fight his first war and won where one was cele ...more
Shelli
My daughter and I are just beginning to cover Europe in her ancient civilizations text book, and this graphic novel version of the King Arthur story was a fun way to start things off. If you have Netflix or can watch Mystery Files: King Arthur, I would recommend previewing that first before reading this or other books about King Arthur. The short documentary discusses the various possible heroes who may have inspired this well-known legend.

As always, I highly praise graphic novels for reluctant
Adil

I decided to read this book because when i was in the library looking for something interesting to read, I found this graphic novel and i told myself to give it a try. I like to read about medival times and so i thought there is no way better other than reading it by pictures to explain the story and i read the book.

This is a Graphic Novel. This category was interesting because the book i was reading was about King Arthur which also is part of history.

" I must leave you Arthur. It is time for yo
Jess
Jun 21, 2010 Jess rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Teachers pairing it with a much better version, a jumping off point
Recommended to Jess by: browning at CHN
Graphic novel version of King Arthur that seems to have been designed strictly to market at librarians/teachers. The weak discussion questions in the back and other lacking aids support that theory.

Take everything you know about King Arthur, Guinevere, Merlin, Lancelot, Elaine, the Sword in the Stone, Gawain, and the rest of the Legend folk and then try to turn it into a decent graphic novel. It's a big challenge that this book isn't up to. Some solutions would have been to make it a hearty book
Kaycee
King Arthur and his Knights o the Round Table have had there story told in practically every medium available since the 14th Century. Now add graphic novel to that list. The different chapters of ye graphic novel retell the different chapters of king Arthur's story. Nothing is left out and some of the more complex ideas and scenarios are still in the story. For example, Elaine and her father King Pelles still trick Lancelot into having a child with Elaine. In te graphic novel however this is all ...more
Sydney
Short review coming...
I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN!
Although I am a HUGE medieval nerd! This book I just died and went to heaven with and I defiantly recommend it to my fellow medieval nerds!
This graphic novel suffers from what many adaptations of Arthurian legend suffer from -- trying to cram too many stories into one work. And a short, graphic novel version at that.

This graphic novel version is clearly targeted for the school market and it includes some really lame discussion questions at the end. The artwork is decent but the dialog and narrative text could stand some improvement.

Best paired with a longer or more complicated work based on Arthurian legend, I recommend this only
Nick
A slightly disappointing telling. The writer tried to cram in too many incidents at a breakneck pace, reducing some of them to painful snippets. The entire tale of Lancelot spending years as a wild man in the woods is reduced to 10 panels of story. Better to leave it out and spend the pages enhancing another overly-shortened story, of which there are several.
The artwork is fairly good, in keeping with the grim tone of the selected Arthurian stories, which are primarily the ones focusing on evil,
Mr. Kovach
This is a graphic novel version of one of my favorite books of all time, The Once and Future King by T. H. White, a famous novel about the legendary King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table. This graphic novel version by Margaret Hall was fun to read and serves as a review of the story, but it contains only highlights and I cannot recommend enough that you read The Once and Future King, it is amazingly good! We have both of these books in our classroom library.
Tumaituhipa
this book was really actiony because there was more there was the part when artur pulled the sword out of the stone i thought everybody would see a flash of light and go check it out and see that arthur was king but really they saw it when he took the sword back for his brother to use and then his fake dad asked him to show him where he got it from.
Maria
It's a short illustrated version of the stories of legendary King Arthur.
While the pictures are attractive, the panels and captions were not used as effectively as they could have been.
Dan
Not much here for those who grew up on King Arthur, but perhaps this short graphic novel will help spark a young reader's interest in the longer versions of these stories.
Michael Love
I thought that the book was cool and it was a really good book to to read it was adventurous and exciting.
also it had a heroic ending and a kind of a sad ending.
This was kinda weak-in plot, graphics and dialogue (or as I like to call them those "talkie-bubbles".
Diana Ferguson
Too short to do justice to all the stories, but would serve well as an introduction to the stories.
Kimberly Kieffer
Weak adaptation, the art is uninspiring.
Jack
The story line was not that great.
Snow
read for NoveList booklists
PWRL
Aug 25, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
SM
Amy Gonzalez
Amy Gonzalez marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 02, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Graphic Novel) Ducks and Their Ducklings Cows and Their Calves Ladybugs Hibernation