Start by marking “C Programming: A Modern Approach” as Want to Read:
C Programming: A Modern Approach

C Programming: A Modern Approach

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Professor King's spiral approach made it accessible to a broad range of readers, from beginners to more advanced students. With adoptions at over 225 colleges, the first edition was one of the leading C textbooks of the last ten years. The second edition maintains all the book's popular features and brings it up to date with coverage of the C99 standard. The new edition al ...more
Paperback, Second Edition, 832 pages
Published April 1st 2008 by W. W. Norton & Company (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about C Programming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about C Programming

Moataz
This book was the first book which I read in Computer science. It was three years before and all of my experience in dealing with this device which called computer is how to restart and shutdown it!

After reading about seven chapters I fall in programming love, and only two chapters ahead and it becomes one of the most interesting things that I did before.

I was reading it in an academic course at the first level of my faculty, and after finishing the course we was studied only twelve chapters f
hamid shahrouzi
Mar 29, 2007 hamid shahrouzi rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: nobody/by chance
it is very good for beginners.
Vlad Piersec
This is a comprehensive book covering the C programming language. The book tries to cover all the aspects of C, underlining the C99 standards.

Every chapter contains 4 parts. The first part explains the paradigm and sometimes shows code snippets or entire programs. The second part is named Q&A and tries to handle all the special cases or specific problems by answering some very well chosen questions. The third part contains some exercises one can answer by just reading the text or by writing
Michael
I heartily endorse this book, it is one of my favorites and is so well written I almost consider it literature! It is best used as a teaching book, I don't use it for reference there are other books that are better at that. But even if you already know C, this book is a great tool for helping you understand it better.

By the way, I was there as a student at the very beginning when Dr. King was putting this book together, I even got to proofread some of his early drafts, maybe my name is in the ac
Daniel
I was told this is the standard work on the C language. I was not disappointed.
Randy
Great book for learning C programming. Well written and easy to follow. Even though I had some programming background, I recommend the book to beginners as this book would be a learning tool.
Joshua Goller
This is an excellent book on C programming. It covers basic use, advanced features, and the standard library. I would highly recommend this book to any person trying to learn C.
Krasytod
От цялата специализирана литература която съм чел тази е втората най-добре написана и разбираема. Разбира се, аз си имам влечеие към по-ниските етажи но и автора се е постарал.
積ん読
Arguably a better introduction to the language than the K&R book.
محمد
Way better than the K&R book.
Comprehensive and simple (most parts).
Abelhe
Logic, interesting and systematic !
Paul Nerger
Best C text for learning.
Ingus
Ingus is currently reading it
Jan 27, 2015
Rajesh Pandey
Rajesh Pandey marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Sahil
Sahil is currently reading it
Jan 26, 2015
Iulian Dumitru
Iulian Dumitru marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Johan
Johan is currently reading it
Jan 23, 2015
Voo Yee
Voo Yee marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Anel
Anel is currently reading it
Jan 15, 2015
Joohyunglee
Joohyunglee marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Yelsom
Yelsom added it
Jan 11, 2015
Casey Brant
Casey Brant is currently reading it
Jan 11, 2015
Divyakumari
Divyakumari marked it as to-read
Ilya Gerner
Ilya Gerner is currently reading it
Jacob Mallem
Jacob Mallem marked it as to-read
aleph
aleph marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
steven gutierrez
steven gutierrez marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
  • Programming in C (Developer's Library)
  • Algorithms in C, Parts 1-4: Fundamentals, Data Structures, Sorting, Searching
  • C++ Primer
  • Computer Systems: A Programmer's Perspective
  • C: A Reference Manual
  • Discrete and Combinatorial Mathematics
  • Advanced Programming in the Unix (R) Environment
  • Data Structures and Algorithms in Java
  • Introduction to the Design and Analysis of Algorithms (2nd Edition)
  • Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach
  • C++ For Dummies
  • C Primer Plus
  • The C++ Programming Language
  • The  C Programming Language
  • Python Essential Reference (Developer's Library)
  • Operating System Concepts
  • Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach
  • Programming Language Pragmatics

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Java Programming C Programming: A Modern Approach, 2nd Edition Java Programming + CD Modula-2: A Complete Guide (College) Essence of Java: The No Nonsense Guide to Java Programming