Start by marking “Found (Firstborn Series: Baxters 2 - Book #3)” as Want to Read:
Found (Firstborn Series: Baxters 2 - Book #3)

Found (Firstborn #3)

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  7,008 ratings  ·  134 reviews

John Baxter hires a private investigator to fulfill his wife's dying wish—that they find their firstborn son and make him part of the Baxter family. Meanwhile, top Hollywood actor Dayne Matthews undergoes a personal search for truth despite great loss, and Christian Kids Theater director Katy Hart makes a decision that could take her from the simple life she has grown to l

Hardcover, Large Print, 521 pages
Published February 1st 2007 by Thorndike Press (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Found, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Found

Vasilka
I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars, I loved it. And I cried sooo much during this book. I also stayed up till after 12 every night this week because I was THAT addicted to this book! I love Karen Kingsbury's books!
Jodi
This was a instense book. Normally I can read throughout the day while my family is watching tv, but this time I had to focus to really understand all that was happening. Dayne is finally coming to terms with his past and discovering how to fill the emptiness in his life. He has done well in the entertainment business but never really felt happy. Ever since he met Katy Hart he has been looking for a simplier life one that is more normal. He has been thinking about the Baxter family alot and wond ...more
Honeypie
This may be a fictional story, but nothing is fictional about the power of the Holy Spirit. I love, love the street ministry scene. Surreal, but I believe it happens.

All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them... When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment. Each one heard their own language being spoken!
Acts 2:4,6
Laura Cannon
Excellent book! Hard topics, adoption and abortion, pain of making wrong choices. God can take a mess and make it a message! Her. 29:11
Mauselochsarah
Dieses Buch hat mich fazienierd wie schnell ein Mensch sein Lebn änder kann ist doch mal wieder worüber man mal nachdenken sollte. Ich denke das es ein sehr gelungenes Buch war und passt perfekt in die Serie mit rein. War sehr dankbar das Er sich verändert hat für sie aber dann auch festellen musste das Er sich nicht für sie verändern sollte sonder für Gott. Leben ist genau so: Aufeinmal kommt was auf dich zu womit du schon immer Probleme hattest und dann plätzllich musst du damit rechnen das de ...more
Traci
Many ways to be found. Another in this series that I cannot put down and have a hard time waiting for our library to send the next one of! Fast, clean and emotional read.
Lynn
I am so engrossed in the lives of the Baxter family, their friends & Dayne that I can not wait to begin the next book in this series!! Highly addicting!!
Randy Tramp
Rolling hills is what comes to mind thinking of this book. I ascend a hill, get to the top and read faster to get to the next scene. I lost a lot of sleep over this read. I cried a lot of tears over this story. I felt the excitement, thrill and heartbreak.

Anyone would want the Baxter family to be their next door neighbors. They were a loving family with everyday challenges. There was a void in their hearts left by an adoption many years previous. Would he be found? The storms in the book were in
Hannah
I feel that Karen is back on form with this book! It is, by far, the best book in this firstborn series! I really appreciated the way she dealt with some of the issues, especially discussing abortion from a male perspective, which I think can often be forgotten about. I appreciate that the romantic story took a bit of a back seat in this book whilst Dayne's character was coming to grips with his faith.
It also reminded me of the importance of sharing my faith with those around me. Any book that c
Kristy
I LOVED THE ENDING.
Tamara
FOUND, the third book in the Firstborn series by Karen Kingsbury was amazing!

Dayne Matthews’ world continues to get more and more complicated. Just when he thinks he will be able to set the record straight and start a relationship with Katy Hart, he receives information he can’t ignore. With his back against the wall, he does what he knows is right, even if it means the end of his chances with Katy.

John Baxter is doing everything he can to find his son, the one that he and his deceased wife had
Havebooks Willread
I think this series would have been much better if she had made it one book. I remember feeling this way about Beverly Lewis and her Shunning series (which is why I never read any more of her books). If this was my first Kingsbury series, I wouldn't read her anymore, but I am so curious about the Baxter family and want to see what happens, so I keep reading (but I have to admit I occasionally skip a couple pages here and there of meaningless dialogue).
Nikita
I really wanted to enjoy this book because I want to read more Christian fiction and find GOOD Christian authors. But this book was cheesy, and I felt Kingsbury was pushing her beliefs and they came across very weak.
There is such a thing as a good Christian book, but even stronger, there is definitely such a thing as a BAD Christian book. And this, sadly, is a BAD one
Cara Noyes
Tornados are just part of the whirlwind in this book! I enjoyed this third installment of the series. Dayne has a deep personal journey in this book, and like the song "Amazing Grace" says: "I once was lost but now am found..." Great tie of the hymn into the book title. I look forward to the final 2 in the FIRSTBORN set.
Becca
I think after reading 8 books by the same author and about the same characters the flaws begin to stick out above the good parts. Kingsbury has several phrases that she uses frequently: close the distance between them, look into the (deep, untouched, secret) places of his/her heart, found his/her eyes and held them...among others. They start to detract because where they once were clever or insightful they become trite and over-used. She drags out major plot points as if that's what needed to ge ...more
Susan
This is another section in the adventure that is Dayne Matthews life. It is a bit slow for me, you just get going with one character and it jumps to another character where you start another story and have to wait for several chapters to finish where you left off. I did a lot of skimming in places to get to the good stuff. It does end in a happy place at least. I was glad to finally have the reunion between John Baxter and Dayne Matthews.

I feel that the characters do not receive enough personal
Michaela
What will Kabala connected, Hollywood heartthrob, Dayne Matthews do when he finds that his child has been aborted? What will become of his connections to Katy Hart and his birth family the Baxters when tornadoes rip through the Bloomington community?
Brenda Gough
I skipped over a lot of the book and mostly just focused on Dayne and Katy. It was a long and drawn out series. Katy's inner dialogue was aggravating. I appreciate the Christian messages, but there was so much repetition that I got annoyed.
Kristi
Loved this book! I am so glad they finally found each other. The Baxter family has had their ups and downs, but during it all God has been there. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Kim Chadwick
The storyline of this series is incredible. This was such a good book! Sometimes the flow of the dialog gets a little bogged down, but the story itself makes up for that easily. Karen Kingsbury is a gifted storyteller, and I'm excited to see what's in store next for Dayne Matthews, Katy Hart, and the Baxters.
Mary Beth
I don't generally like "celebrity" stories, but this one was good. I am usually bored by paparazzi and all of that business, but I managed not to think about it and just enjoy the story.
Kristel Martin
Couldn't put this one down. Firstborn #2 took me forever to read as it was slow and drug out and accomplished nothing. I read this one is a little more than a day. Amazing!
Shannon Bazen
Karen Kingsbury hits another home run with her book. She is amazing and gifted. I enjoy reading about the Baxter family.
Heather Brunet
It was a privilege to laugh and cry while they went through the ups and downs of being found ...
Kim Sullivan
Loved this book! Had me in tears!! I can't get enough of these books!
Tanya Peck
I'm absolutely addicted to this series. I can't wait to start book #4.
Loyiwe sikazwe
found, left right and centre.The grace of God.....it never ceases to amaze me
Dawn
I really like how the series continues to build on characters that you already know from previous books. It makes it a lot of fun to read. The ending of this one was really good. But, I can tell my views on Christianity are quite a bit different than the author's. Like the scene in Mexico was really bizarre to me because the missionary says something like, "If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, come on down!" That seems way to showy, or like some sort of game show. B ...more
D.D. Symms
Technically, the story is written well. The characters are developed fairly well. The language skims the surface -- probably my biggest criticism of Debbie Macomber, too. The characters are nice and clean like Dayne the hero is a Hollywood star and one wife's husband is a handsome fireman so a bit o' stereotyping but , hey we all do it, too.

I felt like there was a lot of repetition and telling us, "hey, look, he's a Hollywood star" throughout. Did well dealing with issues of faith.
  • True Light (Restoration, #3)
  • True Courage (Uncommon Heroes, #4)
  • The Long Road Home (A Place Called Home, #3)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Caught (Yada Yada Prayer Group, #5)
  • The Crossroad (Amish Country Crossroads, #2)
FROM AUTHOR'S WEBSITE:

USA Today and New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury is America’s #1 inspirational novelist. There are more than 15 million copies of her award-winning books in print, including several million copies sold in the past year. Karen has written more than 40 novels, ten of which have hit #1 on national lists.

Karen has a true love for her readers, and she has nearly 1
More about Karen Kingsbury...

Firstborn (5 books)
  • Fame (Firstborn, #1)
  • Forgiven (Firstborn, #2)
  • Family (Firstborn, #4)
  • Forever (Firstborn, #5)
Redemption (Redemption, #1) Even Now (Lost Love Series, #1) Remember (Redemption, #2) One Tuesday Morning (9/11 Series, #1) Leaving (Bailey Flanigan, #1)