Start by marking “Bat in My Pocket: A Memorable Friendshop” as Want to Read:
Bat in My Pocket: A Memorable Friendshop

Bat in My Pocket: A Memorable Friendshop

How a chance encounter with an injured bat led to rapport with one of the world's most maligned and misunderstood creatures. This book also demonstrates that bats are one of the farmers' best friends. Any creature that will eat 3,000 to 7,000 insects per night, including mosquitos, is a good neighbor.
Published April 1st 1996 by Capra Press (first published May 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Bat in My Pocket, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bat in My Pocket

Janice
Jan 12, 2014 Janice rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-non-fiction
I was “assigned” this book by one of my students, and he was right. The was an excellent read – heartwarming, engaging, informative. It had something for everyone.

The author happens to find a hurt bat near her store. Overcoming her revulsion, she picks it up and takes it out of the Texas heat to die in a place where it may suffer less. Two days later it was still alive, and she begins her odyssey as the “bat lady.”

Lollar details her attempts and missteps while making us fall for her bat, Sunshin
Dan C!
Nov 13, 2012 Dan C! rated it liked it
When one boy finds an injured bat on a sidewalk it changed his life. This book also taught me a lot about bats like what to feed bats in captivity and that bat eat 5,000 bug each night.

This book was realistic fiction.

This book's stregth was teaching me about bats while telling me a story, it's weakness was that ithought the book was to short.

I liked this book because it reminds me of 5th grade camp because there there were a lot injured animal being helped like owls porcupines and there was eve
Andrew Kline
Aug 27, 2016 Andrew Kline rated it it was amazing
A cute story about someone who took in an injured bat with no previous knowledge of the species. Her efforts in learning about the animal and simultaneous trial-and-error in taking care of an injured creature makes for a surprisingly compelling read. Bats have been my favorite animals for as long as I can remember, and hearing about the intelligence and personality of Sunshine and B.B. just makes me love them all the more! A must-read for bat enthusiasts, and highly recommended as a short read ...more
Amy
A charming little memoir, that may change how you think of bats. I even asked mr czuk to maybe put up a bat house out by the lake!

FROM THE PUBLISHER
Victoria
Jan 25, 2011 Victoria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Both heart warming and heart rending. I had no idea a bat groomed itself like a cat, enjoy getting stroked like a cat or when upset hissed like a cat! A book I can not recommend highly enough to young adults and children. We need to educate our youth as they will one day be the Earth's caretakers.
P.M.
Sep 24, 2012 P.M. rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book about the true story of a women who takes in a wounded bat. She rehabilitates the bat. The bond they form is very heart warming. Yes, bats have feelings in their little misunderstood bodies.
Alex
Sep 13, 2008 Alex rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
This book was very inspirational for me. I wish everyone would read this book. I have personally purchased numerous copies of this book to give to family and friends. If I hadn't already loved bats, this book would have changed my entire outlook. Please read this book!
Kathryn H.
Apr 10, 2012 Kathryn H. rated it really liked it
This book is awesome! I would even reccomend it to people who aren't going on the kentucky trip because it's so good!
Leona
Jul 08, 2014 Leona rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Capri Price
Capri Price rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2014
Liz Thompson
Liz Thompson rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2013
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2011
CK Miller
CK Miller rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2013
Audra
Audra rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2015
Amy Shea
Amy Shea rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2013
BluefireWolfWishes
BluefireWolfWishes rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2015
Nadja
Nadja rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2015
Cmoore
Cmoore rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2013
LittleRedBat
LittleRedBat rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2013
Jazz
Jazz rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2009
Katie W.
Katie W. rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2012
Caitlin Weber
Caitlin Weber rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2015
Janne S
Janne S rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2014
Lauren Correy
Lauren Correy rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2010
Liz Flores
Liz Flores rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2013
Jen Vann
Jen Vann rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2011
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2012
Tracy
Tracy rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2012
Pennalynn
Pennalynn rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2010