The Next Great Bubble Boom: How to Profit from the Greatest Boom in History: 2006-2010

3.04 of 5 stars 3.04  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  6 reviews
For over fifteen years, New York Times bestselling author Harry S. Dent, Jr., has been uncannily accurate in predicting the financial future. In his three previous works, Dent predicted the financial recession of the early nineties, the economic expansion of the mid-nineties, and the financial free-for-all of 1998-2000.
The Next Great Bubble Boom -- part crystal ball, part...more
Published February 1st 2006 by Free Press (first published January 24th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Next Great Bubble Boom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Next Great Bubble Boom

Mike
totally enjoyed it...love the demographic economics.
Peter
Maybe I'll like this book more if some of the author's predictions come true in the remaining years. Essentially, everything you need to know about this book is on the back cover:

* The biggest boom in history will occur in the later half to the end of this decade with the high points being 2008-2009

* After 2009-2010 the economy will see it's biggest bust ever thanks to all those slacker boomer's retiring.

While I can appreciate the author's concepts, I think in many ways they are flawed, his calc...more
Vincent
When I first read this book many years ago, I felt it was one of the most dubious finance books I had ever read, with novel conclusions taken from gimmicky data. I had committed this book to memory because Mr. Dent's economic analysis was so different from anything I'd ever seen before. Now we can all look back and see that his analysis was bogus. He is a great salesman though.

Ted Heitz
Strike two!!
Future predictions are utter nonsense...but are cute to read after the fact to see if one can decipher where the author went wrong.

On the flip side, it may be beneficial to read Dent's new books and perform opposite of his suggestions.
MVV
Just reread this for a third time in 2014. I like to go back and check on his accuracy. So far so good. Except for a very few minor forecasts, he was significantly correct in all of his predictions. Best economist I have yet to read.
Druw
Oct 29, 2007 Druw rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all interested in $
very inciteful
Harry S Jr.
Aug 08, 2014 Harry S Jr. rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
David
David marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Candi
Candi marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Huenu
Huenu added it
Feb 08, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2013
Domo
Domo marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2013
Ney Torres
Ney Torres is currently reading it
Aug 01, 2013
Rey Darang
Rey Darang marked it as to-read
May 31, 2013
Trampas Jones
Trampas Jones marked it as to-read
May 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Harry S. Dent, Jr. (born 1950) is an American financial newsletter writer.

Dent writes an economic newsletter that reviews the economy in the US and around the world through demographic trends focusing on predictable consumer spending patterns, as well as financial markets, and has written several books.
More about Harry S. Dent Jr....
The Great Depression Ahead: How to Prosper in the Crash Following the Greatest Boom in History The Great Crash Ahead: Strategies for a World Turned Upside Down The Demographic Cliff: How to Survive and Prosper During the Great Deflation of 2014-2019 The Roaring 2000s: Building The Wealth And Lifestyle You Desire In The Greatest Boom In History Great Boom Ahead: Your Guide to Personal & Business Profit in the New Era of Prosperity