Start by marking “The House of the Clairvojant” as Want to Read:
The House of the Clairvojant

The House of the Clairvojant

In a small country town in america, a place lost in time, a group of kids is tempted by the fascination of the supernatural.
Ancient books of magic practices and enigmatic figures come together to create a portrait of rare poetry and delicacy, apparently in contrast with the theme of the book.
A short novel with a Stephen King vibe, in which smarter readers will be able to
Published October 7th 2013 by With Your Words

To ask other readers questions about The House of the Clairvojant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The House of the Clairvojant

Sibyl
Dec 04, 2013 Sibyl rated it really liked it
The story is a descent into the abyss of the individual unconscious, by means of the collective imagination. The boundaries between the one and the other becomes unstable and put the player is in a sort of middle-earth, a place where anything can happen and thoughts are fluid, incontrollable.
Randy Pike, with a writing as persuasive as the siren’s song, invites us to draw near to the house of our fears , he opens the cellar door and we are there, looking down the stairs in the dark. There is nei
Sibyl
Dec 04, 2013 Sibyl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La storia è una discesa nell’abisso dell’inconscio individuale usando l’immaginario collettivo. I confini tra l’uno e l’altro diventano poi labili e il lettore si trova in una terra di mezzo, un luogo dove tutto può accadere e i pensieri sono fluidi, incontenibili.
Randy Pike, con uno scritto suadente come il canto delle sirene, ci invita ad avvicinarci alla casa delle nostre paure, ci apre la porta della cantina e noi là, a guardare giù per le scale, nel buio. Non c’è tempo per riflettere e no
Earicka
Feb 24, 2014 Earicka rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book through Good Reads First Reads promotion and just received it today and can not wait to start reading it!!!

This book was like a little slice of life. I really felt like I was there in that small town growing up. The narrative felt real and the characters were endearing. It seemed like the main character really regretted that summer and the events that transpired and was therefor writing a memoir to get them off his chest before he died. It was an odd little story and I really enj
Filippo Di Paola
E' un libro breve, semplice, e dolce. Parla di ragazzi, e in alcuni punti ricorda Stand By Me di Stephen King, ma ha le sue particolarità, che lo fanno ben differenziare da quel racconto.
Intanto, i personaggi sono meno caricaturali, meno macchiette. La storia é meno epica, ma più personale, intima, e il luogo é meglio descritto, nel senso che i ragazzi sono proprio la manifestazione del loro ambiente, lo rispecchiano.
Per il resto, direi che ci sono alcune sorprese, ma non sono l'elemento impor
Filippo Di Paola
Feb 05, 2014 Filippo Di Paola rated it it was amazing
It's a short, simple book, and very sweet. Talks about kids, and here and there resemble Stand by Me by Stephen King, but keeps his peculiar things, that let you diversify the two. For istante, the character are less cutup. The story is less epic, more intimate, personal, and the background is better designed, to say better kids are part of their environment, they mirror it.
There are some surprises, but are not the core part of the tale. So, what I liked most is the general atmosphere, the Amer
Shon French
Jun 25, 2014 Shon French rated it liked it
Shelves: not-for-me
I won this with the Goodreads book giveaway and was super stoked about it. I would not have named this the House of the Clairvojant. I get the trails and tribulations of children The writing of second person for a couple of chapters through me off. I guess I was looking for a indepth perception of a true claiavont and the effects of using the powers etc. So the synopsis was a little misleading, and if I had bought the book I would of have been upset.
Donald
Feb 08, 2014 Donald rated it it was ok
This manuscript needs an editor.

I actually read the whole thing, page for page, all the way to the end. It felt like an obligation because I received the book through the giveaway program at Goodreads. Normally, I would have given up by page eight when the author slipped into second-person for a couple of paragraphs.

Tip to the author... read it out loud. Some of the more glaring issues will surface once they are heard.
Sonia
Feb 03, 2014 Sonia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Un romanzo breve che inizia con un'atmosfera amena perché narra le scorribande di alcuni ragazzini che vivono in uno sperduto paesino del West Virginia. Ricorda, in alcuni tratti, gli adolescenti di King in "Stand By Me". Il racconto man mano diventa piú cupo ma sempre con una raffinata delicatezza. Cosa succederá nella casa di Sally la strega che cambierá per sempre le loro vite?
Jaime
Apr 07, 2014 Jaime rated it it was ok
Disclaimer: I won this book.
This is, I think, a book for children, however I don't really know what children would enjoy this. There is too much description of the economic conditions & religious divide of the town to be interesting to children.
Cassie Peters
Feb 13, 2014 Cassie Peters rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book through First Reads. It was ok. It was pretty short and it didn't keep my attention very well but I felt like since I won it I should read the entire thing. I don't know it sounded like a fun read but I just was not really into this one.
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2014
Melanie Lipka
Melanie Lipka rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2014
Sonia
Sonia rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2014
Feb 06, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Debbie Carnes
Debbie Carnes marked it as to-read
Dallas
Dallas marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Tosha Holliman
Tosha Holliman marked it as to-read
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Jennifer beck
Jennifer beck marked it as to-read
Rosanna-Michelle
Rosanna-Michelle marked it as to-read
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Melanie Moreau
Melanie Moreau marked it as to-read
Terrell Sanzone
Terrell Sanzone marked it as to-read
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Melissa Martin
Melissa Martin marked it as to-read
Kitty Honeycutt
Kitty Honeycutt marked it as to-read
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Katherine Jordan
Katherine Jordan marked it as to-read
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Lisa Ranf
Lisa Ranf marked it as to-read
Vennie
Vennie marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Max
Max marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Kim Charlton
Kim Charlton marked it as to-read
Julie Spiegler
Julie Spiegler marked it as to-read
Melissa ahmed
Melissa ahmed marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
  • The Drunken Exorcist
  • Class 5
  • Christiania
  • Nocturnal Offerings
  • Journey: Finding Momentum
  • Stable of Sorrow
  • Somewhere In Between
  • The Art of the Intuitive Healer: Genuine Real Life Case Studies of Intuitive Healing That Will Captivate Your Heart
  • What Addicts Know: 10 Lessons from Recovery to Benefit Everyone
  • How to Be Happy Now: Even If Things Aren't Going Your Way
  • 1816: The Year That Summer Never Came
  • Reviled
  • Return to Pine Street: Renee Walker's Haunting
  • Without Mercy: The Stunning True Story of Race, Crime, and Corruption in the Deep South
  • Dumb White Husbands vs. Zombies: The Zomnibus