A Cat in Wolf's Clothing (Alice Nestleton Mystery #3)

A Cat in Wolf's Clothing (Alice Nestleton Mystery #3)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Dubbed "one of Manhattan's finest little-known actresses, " beautiful cat-sitter turned sleuth Alice Nesttleton has been called into action again . This time the New York City cops have put her unto a case that's right up her alley - when a routine murder investigation uncovers a string of clues that could tie up fifteen years of unsolved homicides. The common thread: a ca...more
Published November 5th 1991 by Signet

R.
strange little mystery. lots of elements - cat people, theatre people, a bunch of rude police officers, a cat cult... totally implausible story, but a quick and quirky read.

(I think this was written many years ago, so the use of the word "retard" and the bizarrely flippant stereotyping of Haitian vodou were perhaps less ill-advised at the time. nonetheless.)
Phillis
Yes I read this book in one day. 215 pgs in large type, not hard to do. This is a brand new author for me. I wanted to start with book one in case it mattered, I don't think it does. The story line was a murder mystery, 17 to be exact. The main character is Alice Nestlrton a semi-retired off broadway actress/part time cat sitter who happens to like cats. She gets asked to assist the a section of the Police Dept called the Retro Division, sort of like the cold case depts now. The book was written...more
Sandra Strange
I really enjoy this series, all revolving in some way or another around cats. The "sleuth" is an actress who is semi successful, but who needs a day job to stay afloat financially, so she "cat sits" for various cat loving owners who much leave their pampered kitties. It's her "day job" that brings the murders to her attention. Her love life sometimes intrudes (a bit PG 13, but not explicit) with its casual attitude towards extra marital sex, but the stories are charmingly told with eccentric and...more
Pat
Jan 31, 2014 Pat rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: mystery
Good series.
Margaret
Aug 06, 2011 Margaret added it
Shelves: 2006
This was a fast read but I thought it was one of the most improbable cozy mystery plots I've read in a while. And I didn't follow how Alice came to her conclusions. Also didn't understand her relationship with Tony (but I don't think she did either!). I did like the elusive Abelard though (a classic cat).
Rachel
Alice Nestleton is hired by the police to help solve the case of a serial killer who leaves toy mice at the scene of the crime. The main character wanders around with lots of weird analogies and the solution to the crime didn't make much sense.
Linda
Interesting short mystery. Another mystery is why the author has nothing on the blurb except that her name is a pseudonym.
Alisa
i read it when home for thanksgiving and i like that it was a little racy
Toesnorth's mom
Dec 01, 2012 Toesnorth's mom added it
Shelves: mom-s
stupid and boring
Kittykorn
Kittykorn marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Catgirl (in Perth)
Catgirl (in Perth) marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Donna Allen
Donna Allen marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
William F Sullivan
William F Sullivan marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Lori Russie Judkins
Lori Russie Judkins marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Lydia Adamson is the pen name for Franklin B. King who is an author, free-lance writer and copywriter. In addition to the Alice Nestleton series, he is the author of the Deirdre Quinn Nightingale and Lucy Wayles series. He lives in New York City and also wrote under the name 'Frank King'.
More about Lydia Adamson...
A Cat in the Manger (Alice Nestleton Mystery #1) A Cat of a Different Color (Alice Nestleton Mystery #2) A Cat on Jingle Bell Rock (Alice Nestleton, #15) A Cat Under the Mistletoe (Alice Nestleton, #12) A Cat on Stage Left (Alice Nestleton, #16)