Start by marking “What Did You Eat Yesterday?, Volume 3” as Want to Read:
What Did You Eat Yesterday?, Volume 3

What Did You Eat Yesterday?, Volume 3 (What Did You Eat Yesterday? #3)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  209 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Published July 15th 2014 by Vertical (first published November 17th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about What Did You Eat Yesterday?, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Did You Eat Yesterday?, Volume 3

Matt
Mar 23, 2015 Matt rated it it was amazing
I liked this volume a lot! I like the realistic relationships. Of course the love isn't quite the same after being together for, what. Three years? I don't think Shiro is being mean, I think he's just like a lot of other adults who get into long term relationships/ marriages/ or common law relations. I'm still loving how their relationship is playing, so that I find myself skimming over the recipes to get to more slice of life story lines. However, some of the recipes have definitely peaked my ...more
Patrice Sartor
Volume 3 offers more of the same endearing mixture of food preparation and eating with a middle-aged gay couple living their lives. Shiro interacts more with his parents and deals with some deep issues related to them. My favorite chapter equates Shiro's grocery shopping on a budget and Kenji's securing of a hairstylist client to big game hunting.

Very entertaining, amusing, and filled with wondrous food descriptions. My only complaint is Shiro's reason for staying with Kenji, but hey, it's in c
Ajdesasha
Oct 30, 2016 Ajdesasha rated it liked it
Closer to 3.5 than 3, as I do feel this is an improvement over the first two volumes. I feel the series is much stronger when it focuses on their personal lives over their professional ones, which I think this volume does. I came away feeling I knew much more about what makes them and their relationship work, compared to the first two volumes where I felt I still knew nothing about them.
Andrew
Mar 10, 2016 Andrew rated it really liked it
Oddly I've kept on with this series through book three, even though I am not interested in cooking (and in fact, the preparation of these dishes looks exhausting to me...I guess I like to spend more time eating than cooking!). And yet I read through the recipe portions anyway. It's obviously the art and language. And certainly the culture. How individuals exist within their cultural expectations. The characters are intriguing to me, even charming. I don't know if I will continue, but I won't NOT ...more
Indah Threez Lestari
Mar 23, 2013 Indah Threez Lestari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, in-english
Cuma Fumi Yoshinaga yang bisa membuat kehidupan sehari-hari sepasang gay berumur 40-an menjadi cerita yang menarik. Padahal hampir setiap bab kita hanya mengikuti kegiatan Kakei yang (di luar kerjaannya sebagai pengacara) setiap hari sibuk memikirkan menu yang cocok dengan bahan baku yang sedang diskon plus adegan memasaknya. Tapi seirit-iritnya Kakei, hidangan makan malam buatannya tetap selalu kelihatan lezat!

Yummy...!
Sophie
Feb 04, 2015 Sophie rated it really liked it
This volume eliminated any doubts I had lingering from volume 2! Shiro not only show's his nice/caring side, but we also get to see more of Kenji, and discover that in many ways he is just as big a foodie as Shiro! It was great to see more depth to these characters, see more about their relationship dynamic, and see more than just the food (which still looks delicious!)
Sherry
Jan 16, 2016 Sherry rated it liked it
Or 2.5 stars? Wow, I'm even considering giving this even less stars because the way Shiro talked about his relationship with Kenji really rubbed me the wrong way. To some extent it was like this in the previous volumes, too. I was wondering if he really loved him or just stayed with him for convenience but here he admits it, really.
Gloria
Jul 30, 2015 Gloria rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this Volume a little more because Shiro showed a little more emotion for Kenji. What I didn't like was that Shiro couldn't show him directly. Still looking forward to reading the next Volumes.
Sook Jin Ong
Jul 03, 2014 Sook Jin Ong rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you need something as beautiful as Kinou Nani Tabeta to remind you of the simpler things in life that makes living meaningful: the act of deliberation, reflection, and enjoyment of food and company.
Miss
Oct 02, 2014 Miss rated it really liked it
i was surprised by how much i liked the characters this volume. it's not that i disliked them before -- they're fine -- but i wasn't actively drawn to them. i feel like i understood their relationship a bit better now though! and i enjoy shiro's pragmatism. as ever: yum, food. 4 stars
Kim
Apr 06, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, manga, 2015
I'm really enjoying the series. The characters are interesting and the relationship between the main characters seems realistic. And I wish I could eat everything off the page.
Monique
Mar 10, 2015 Monique rated it liked it
The recipes are still as tasty looking as ever and the relationship between the two leads is both heart felt and realistic.
Brian
Oct 04, 2015 Brian rated it liked it
In this volume, we learn a bit more about Kenji, and we discover how our two main characters will be celebrating New Year's Eve. And of course, there's a ton of descriptive food and recipes.
Denicemarcell
In this volume this reader did leave with the impression there is more to their relationship than food. still not involved enough to want to own the series but i will keep a lookout for volume 4.
Feb 16, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: 漫画
Still loving the recipes and lovely food, but loving even more the slice-of-life relationships and their development. Shiro has a soul, after all!
Elsa
Sep 29, 2014 Elsa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-gn
Hahahahaha, the thrill of the hunt! Shiro cracks me up when he goes into hunter mode while shopping for bargains. It also makes me want to cook something. now.
Lara
Feb 18, 2016 Lara rated it liked it
Kakei made a lot of interesting dishes, including crepes for brunch. Yabuki also cooked in this volume. I like how Kakei gets so intense about saving money on food.
Adam
Adam rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Keri
Keri rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2016
scarlettraces
scarlettraces rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2015
Lanastar
Lanastar rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2015
Min
Min rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2014
Sam
Sam rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Astrobravo
Astrobravo rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2012
Alex
Alex rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2014
Angie
Angie rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Aimee Rose
Aimee Rose rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2014
Zoe
Zoe rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2016
  • In Clothes Called Fat
  • Rutabaga the Adventure Chef: Book 1
  • Oishinbo a la carte, Volume 3 - Ramen and Gyoza
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Vol. 16
  • The Drops of God 3 (The Drops of God, #5-6)
  • 恋する暴君 8
  • Requiem of the Rose King, Vol. 1 (Requiem of the Rose King, #1)
195779
Japanese: よしなが ふみ

Fumi Yoshinaga (よしなが ふみ Yoshinaga Fumi, born 1971) is a Japanese manga artist known for her shōjo and shōnen-ai works.

Fumi Yoshinaga was born in Tokyo, Japan in 1971. She attended the prestigious Keio University in Tokyo.

In an interview, she said that "I want to show the people who didn't win, whose dreams didn't come true. It is not possible for everybody to get first prize. I wa
More about Fumi Yoshinaga...

What Did You Eat Yesterday? (10 books)
  • What Did You Eat Yesterday?, Volume 1