Start by marking “Diesel Sweeties Volume 2: Bacon Is a Vegetable, Coffee Is a Vitamin” as Want to Read:
Diesel Sweeties Volume 2: Bacon Is a Vegetable, Coffee Is a Vitamin

Diesel Sweeties Volume 2: Bacon Is a Vegetable, Coffee Is a Vitamin

Bacon. Coffee. Vegetables. Join the Diesel Sweeties for an in-depth examination of how vices are good for you and vegetables are fortified with righteous indignation. This full-color collection is the perfect addition to any meal-instagramming foodie's diet. Delicious, nutritious, and full of wood pulp fiber!
Published February 19th 2014 by Oni Press

To ask other readers questions about Diesel Sweeties Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diesel Sweeties Volume 2

Alaina
Feb 07, 2014 Alaina rated it it was ok
Seeing the title and pixelated art style, I was interested in this book. It looked fun and silly. However, it ends up trying to hard. It's making the joke again and again that coffee is a "drug", addictive, and life blood. Bacon is basically the same, and is the one exception for vegetarians.

Some of the jokes made are cute - a page of other names for coffee, including "Brain Lubricant" and "Productivity Water." Somewhat cheesy, but I thought it was initially cute. The joke is sort of ruined a f
Yodamom
I was sold when I read the title. I was disappointed when I read the book. I just didn't find the majority of the jokes funny. I chuckled at a couple but not anything to keep me coming back to this comic series. I did like the old school pixelated look.
Phillip
Oct 09, 2016 Phillip rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, comic-bento
I received this book in the July 2016 Comic Bento box. It is a collection of strips from the Diesel Sweeties webcomic. I've mentioned before that I don't typically like webcomics. There is something about the format that just doesn't work for me.

This book was great though. As the title suggests, the strips are focused on either bacon or coffee. These range from slightly amusing to hilarious. There is a bit of repetition in these, but that didn't bother me at all. I did read this in small chunks,
Wayne McCoy
May 07, 2014 Wayne McCoy rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Bacon is a Vegetable, Coffee is a Vitamin' is a collection of Diesel Sweeties cartoons about coffee, bacon, vegetables and hot dogs. Diesel Sweeties is an online comic by R. Stevens. The style is a sort of retro pixel looking comic strip. The characters feature humans and robots.

The jokes include vegetarians struggling with the urge to eat bacon, the dependence on coffee to do just about anything, and the relationships we have involving our various food manias. Cats and appliances are somewhat
Tera
Feb 10, 2014 Tera rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
This is one book that lived up to my expectations. Sadly based on the pixelated cover my expectations weren't very high. The summary made it sound much more interesting then i ended up finding it. Did read a couple of cute jokes but the rest were okay and definitely nothing special. I have no doubt that part of my dislike was due to the pixel images, somehow they bothered me more then i expected. Perhaps with different graphics the quips would have been better than just interesting. If one can ...more
Sonny Miller
Feb 15, 2014 Sonny Miller rated it it was ok
The title of the book and the 8-bit cover caught my eye. I had figured this would be a funny book but I was overall sorely disappointed. Diesel Sweeties, as I later found out, is a web comic. I must assume that the comic is pretty funny since the comics have been around for awhile and they are printing a TP. Most of the comics dealt with coffee, bacon, and vegetarians. There were a few panels in the book that made me giggle (but not laugh). If this is a best of their coffee and bacon strips, ...more
Justin Hall
Mar 14, 2015 Justin Hall rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: comic and coffee lovers
This book has taken over a year for me to complete but truth be told it was a "coffee" table book and I read a few strips at a time while enjoying some TV or down time in my living room.
I roast, brew, drink and own coffee/a coffee shop so everything Bacon Is a Vegetable, Coffee Is a Vitamin has to offer is right up my alley!
I thoroughly enjoyed the art and only wish to someday feature R. Stevens work on my shops instagram page!
Glennis
Feb 14, 2014 Glennis rated it it was ok
This is a collection of strips from Diesel Sweets, 8 bit art in four panels for the most part. The theme of the collection is bacon and coffee. This would make a great gift for the people in your life that worship those items. The downside is really that is all the collection is about, bacon and coffee. So you are missing background about the characters. It was cute but after a while the book felt a bit one note. Not sure if I would grab another one off the shelf or not.

Digital review copy prov
John
Sep 07, 2016 John rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This volume is 134 pages of largely unfunny comic strips focusing on jokes about coffee, bacon and vegans, in that order. Needless to say, this gets old really, really fast. The characters have no real personality other than being joke delivery vehicles. And what's with the robots? The stiff, 8-bit style art doesn't help.
Stephanie Zuppo
Stephanie Zuppo rated it it was ok
Jun 26, 2014
Mia Kanani
Mia Kanani rated it it was ok
Sep 04, 2016
Maggie Gordon
Maggie Gordon rated it liked it
May 25, 2014
Christopher
Christopher rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Patty
Patty rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Sophie
Sophie rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2014
Alyssia
Alyssia rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2014
Ronald
Ronald rated it it was ok
Oct 28, 2016
Stephanie John
Stephanie John rated it did not like it
Sep 03, 2016
Anne
Anne rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2014
Sarita
Sarita rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2014
Dawn Rutherford
Dawn Rutherford rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2014
Lance Pickens
Lance Pickens rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2016
Willow
Willow rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2015
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
May 16, 2015
Kia Pedersen
Kia Pedersen rated it it was ok
Aug 03, 2015
tekniklr
tekniklr rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2014
Vidivel
Vidivel rated it did not like it
Sep 03, 2016
Jonah
Jonah rated it did not like it
Aug 08, 2016
Emily Nagoski
Emily Nagoski rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2014