Start by marking “Share Jesus Without Fear” as Want to Read:
Share Jesus Without Fear

Share Jesus Without Fear

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  249 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
In recent years, the Share Jesus without Fear book and its growing family of ancillary products have sparked a faith-sharing movement that continues to gain momentum. It began with the jaw-dropping story of William Fay, once a money-driven businessman with Mafia ties who ran a house of prostitution until it was raided by police. Facing the threat of jail time, Fay turned t ...more
Published June 1st 1999 by B&H Books (first published 1973)

To ask other readers questions about Share Jesus Without Fear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Share Jesus Without Fear

Ben Wicks
Aug 13, 2013 Ben Wicks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: evangelism
I learned that there is no reason to be afraid of sharing my faith. I don't need to be afraid of failing, because God is pleased with my obedience and he will use that to plant a seed, even if it doesn't sprout immediately. This book also reminded me of Philemon 6: "and I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective for the full knowledge of every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ." God commanded me to share my faith so that my joy may increase. The author's testimony i ...more
Stephen Johnson
Apr 26, 2014 Stephen Johnson rated it it was ok
William Fay, a formerly power obsessed Mafioso who owned and operated a brothel, encountered the redemption and salvation of Jesus Christ while facing prosecution and jail time. Share Jesus Without Fear is the product of his study of the Scriptures and his personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Coauthored by Linda Evans Shepherd, an author and nationally known speaker, Share Jesus Without Fear is also a popular evangelism training program taught by Fay in churches and seminars nationally.

The f
Shawn
Jun 17, 2014 Shawn rated it it was amazing
Approximately 20 years ago, I had the privilege of of meeting Bill Fay and hearing him present the material in this book. He has plenty of charisma and a strong personality, so I could see how he would make an excellent evangelist, but the purpose of this book is to make the rest of the Church strong evangelists.

In this book you will find a convincing appeal to be involved in personal evangelism, a set of questions that will help you bring up the topic of faith (a topic typically avoided by Amer
Bledar
Oct 29, 2013 Bledar rated it liked it
He has some practical ideas about how to do evangelism. I find his method to be very aggressive. Yet, I agree with him that most Christians are guilty of the "sin of silence".
Jen
Jul 20, 2010 Jen rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all Christians
This book is so good. As a Christian, I sometimes find that i don't know what to say to try to approach a non-Christian about eternity. I care about them, I just don't know what to say. I always feel like I am "getting into their business" and being nosy if I try to have a conversation with them about Jesus and what He did for us. This book really helps you get past that hurdle. I think he says something in the book like if you don't say anything to them about the gospel and Jesus then you are l ...more
Margaret White
Mar 09, 2014 Margaret White rated it it was amazing
This book was extremely convicting for me and motivated me to start sharing my faith. I realized that sharing Jesus has nothing to do with me! It's about the power of God and his love for the lost. Any method of sharing your faith must be done out of love for God and for people- without love, it is merely a clanging cymbal.
Lori Penn
Apr 06, 2015 Lori Penn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The companion Bible lives on my hip. This book will help you teach others about the Lord, and be able to assist them with any, imaginable question they raise, pretty much. The glossary of objections to faith in the back of this book, still helps me share the Word with non-believers!
Ricardo
Mar 25, 2014 Ricardo rated it it was amazing
Simple and seems easy to implement. Once I try it out I'll write my experience here. I bought this ebook from Barnes and Noble for $0.99
Brent McCulley
Feb 03, 2015 Brent McCulley rated it did not like it
Shelves: christian-living
No theological foundation. Pelagianism, modalism, utilitarian methods of evangelism, etc. Don't read.
Sarah Simpson
Nov 15, 2013 Sarah Simpson rated it it was ok
Shelves: evangelism
Read this back in 2009. I liked it at the time, but my views on evangelism have changed quite a bit since then. This book, like many others on evangelism, basically teach you how to pressure unbelievers into praying a prayer to "accept Jesus" into their hearts. As long as you get them past the 5 commitment questions, it doesn't matter if they are broken over their sin or show genuine repentance, just make sure they pray the sinners prayer.

In spite of all that, I rated it two starts instead of on
Brian Chilton
Nov 13, 2014 Brian Chilton rated it liked it
This is a fantastic book on evangelism. Bill Fay has an incredible testimony with a passion for God that is unmatched. However, like many evangelism methods, Fay's approach can be quite aggressive and may not be right for everyone. While Fay offers some general answers to common objections to the faith, one must accept that deeper conversations may be necessary. The book is better than a 3. I would give it a 3.75.
Jason Poe
Apr 10, 2013 Jason Poe rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-living
I believe this book is practically helpful, although, like most witnessing books these days, not very theological. Eat the fish and spit out the bones. Yet, I covered it with my church and many have mentioned the class years later. It has the potential to make an impact with those who truly are timid about witnessing.
Joe Valenti
Sep 02, 2013 Joe Valenti rated it really liked it
This is a great book for developing a method for personal evangelism. There are pieces of the puzzle that I believe Fray is missing, like servant evangelism, but his method is very good. He stays centered on the Bible and the power of the holy Spirit. If you are looking for a good primer on how to share your faith, this is it.
Seth Channell
Sep 29, 2012 Seth Channell rated it it was ok
Some helpful information on how to deal with common objections to Christianity. However, I have issues with Fay's understanding of how God's grace is applied to Christians. The issues really show in Chapter 6. This is my reason for such a low rating.
Austin
Dec 06, 2013 Austin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
Being a saved Christian, I am still in the middle of other people who may not be aware of the true Gospel. This book really affirms ways to have a discussion with people about it in a non-threatening way. Truly a good read whether mature or new to faith.
Jeffrey Smith
Mar 07, 2015 Jeffrey Smith rated it liked it
This author has quite a story to tell about his life and conversion. And he is not afraid to tell it. The book is filled with practical evangelism methods and techniques.
Brian Reagan
Jul 28, 2011 Brian Reagan rated it did not like it
One of the best books on sales I have ever read....it is classic old school style salesmanship applied to the gospel. WHICH MEANS I HATED THE BOOK!!!!
Mary
Oct 03, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. It really made me think about how I should share my faith way more. It prepared me to be a witness and I'm extremely thankful for that.
Matthew Wagoner
Jul 20, 2013 Matthew Wagoner rated it really liked it
Offered some good insight into sharing the gospel but does have a few issues. I enjoyed reading the book but might recommend something else for this genre.
Kristine
Apr 03, 2011 Kristine rated it liked it
Very detailed book on how to share your faith. I have found the most successful recipe for sharing Jesus is to live by being true to your faith.
♥ Kierra ♥
Jan 27, 2015 ♥ Kierra ♥ rated it it was amazing
great tools and easy techniques for sharing your faith. its definitely a book to recommend to others who feel sharing their faith is hard.
David Kemp
Jun 15, 2013 David Kemp rated it really liked it
Shelves: evangelism
A very readable and practical book. This book should be keep close by as a handbook for every Christian to refer to on a regular basis.
Tyrone Steele
Nov 30, 2009 Tyrone Steele rated it it was amazing
This is by far the best book and shortest read on the subject. You'll never look at sharing your faith the same ever again.
Jocelyn Watson
Nov 11, 2012 Jocelyn Watson rated it it was amazing
Not only does this book encourage you to go out and boldly share your faith, but it teaches how to do so in a practical way.
Böðvar
Mar 20, 2013 Böðvar rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fascinating and extremely helpful. Gives you the method and courage to witness about Jesus effectively.
SHBC Leaders' Library
1 available - leader's guide, transparencies, 1 VHS tape, 2 audio cassettes
2 available - study guides
Lynn Hobbs
Jul 30, 2011 Lynn Hobbs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not only informative but a great tool to help with witnessing. Excellent!
Lynsey Mulder
Jun 12, 2008 Lynsey Mulder rated it really liked it
Great information on how to share your faith with others.
Alex
Apr 24, 2013 Alex rated it liked it
Simple and helpful thoughts about personal evangelism.
Ruth
Aug 17, 2011 Ruth rated it really liked it
Well-written, practical, interesting, and helpful.
  • Surprising Insights from the Unchurched and Proven Ways to Reach Them
  • Don't Waste Your Life Study Guide
  • Know What You Believe: Connecting Faith and Truth
  • Your Girl: Raising a Godly Daughter in an Ungodly World
  • Read the Bible for Life: Your Guide to Understanding and Living God's Word
  • Jesus in Beijing: How Christianity Is Transforming China And Changing the Global Balance of Power
  • True Story: A Christianity Worth Believing in
  • Looking for God: An Unexpected Journey Through Tattoos, Tofu & Pronouns
  • Your Money Counts: The Biblical Guide to Earning, Spending, Saving, Investing, Giving, and Getting Out of Debt
  • The Kingdom of the Occult
  • Salvation to the Ends of the Earth: A Biblical Theology of Mission (New Studies in Biblical Theology (InterVarsity Press), #11)