Start by marking “Three Little Ghosties” as Want to Read:
Three Little Ghosties

Three Little Ghosties

How much trouble could three harmless little ghosties get into in one night? Plenty! These silly spirits love boasting to each other about who is the scariest. Ghouls, witches, and even a neighborhood ogre all find themselves at the mercy of these naughty ghosties, who spook them with a "woooo, woooo, woooo, BOOOO!" But when the ghosties decide to scare some boys and girls ...more
Published August 21st 2007 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Three Little Ghosties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Little Ghosties

Alice Blessing
Sep 25, 2016 Alice Blessing rated it it was amazing
this is a very nice book for children who may be scared of the dark. I thought it was really cute.
Matt
Jul 19, 2008 Matt rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Parents of 2-4 year olds
Shelves: childrens, humor
The Little Ghosties, sitting on posties, tell wild boasties of how they've scared various monsters. But how will they fare when they turn thier talents on children?

This cutesy little 'horror' story with illustrations meant to look like childish doodles deals with fears of things that go bump in the night, and is bound to generate laughs from your toddlers.

I particularly love the use of a wide variaty of hand drawn fonts to respresent the sound of words. It's rhymes, sound words, and onomatopoei
Karen
Jul 22, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it
This was a fun little Hallowe'en book. Of course, it was July when my son picked it out from the library, so they may have tempered my enjoyment of it.

The text is at times a bit of a silly tongue-twister, so I think my son laughed as much at me tripping over the words as he did the actual words themselves. It was still a fun read. I probably would not have chosen to read it out loud for story time at the library, though, unless I was feeling very brave.

The illustrations, like the text, are als
Stephanie
Jun 17, 2016 Stephanie rated it really liked it
I LOVE this! Three little Ghosts brag to each other in silly rhymes about their haunting successes. But boasting is one thing and actually spooking turns out quite another when all three of them get out-BOOed by one small child! Very entertaining. The kids loved it, and my husband and I are still giggling about it.
Annabelle
Sep 24, 2008 Annabelle rated it it was amazing
Jenette
Nov 09, 2011 Jenette rated it it was amazing
Three little ghosties sitting around eating their toastie and telling their boasties is very cute. The story has a very funny turn of events at the end. The book is written in a refreshingly down to earth style, simple, and charmingly enjoyable. It is not often that a writing style such as this comes around especially in the realm of Childrens genre.
Jordan Starr
Nov 11, 2013 Jordan Starr rated it it was amazing
Shelves: elementary, post-2000
This is a wonderful book that has rhyming and great sound words in it. It would help students with descriptive words and word endings that rhyme. I could read this book aloud and focus on word families, or I could have children do a reader's theatre and have children act out different characters and sounds in the book.
Rachael C.
Oct 20, 2011 Rachael C. rated it it was amazing
This book is great for very young children in addition to the stated 3-6 age group. My 3 month old son loves looking at the pictures and hearing me rhyme the words. I believe it's the cadence and the rhyming sounds that really appeal to him.
Alison
Oct 04, 2011 Alison rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-books
This is what I like to call an outstanding read-aloud book. The rhyming is fun and the words are really silly to read. The illustrations are cute and it was Halloweeny enough for my three year old without being too scary.
jacky
Oct 22, 2010 jacky rated it liked it
Recommends it for: toddler - primary
This was read at story time today for up coming Halloween. The story tells of the people the ghosts scare, but they get theirs in the end. Our librarian did a great job creating suspense while reading the ending and a couple kids jumped when she said boo.
Benjamin Elliott
Apr 24, 2016 Benjamin Elliott rated it liked it
the word formations create a slightly childish, cutesy affectation, but that's obviously what it's going for. The twist ending is fun and could be empowering for a kid who has gotten nervous about the dark or the possibility of scary things coming to get them.
Cute story about three little ghosts who have gone about frightening different creatures, only to be foiled by one ferocious boy. The ghosties, toasties, posties was a little much, but the overall story and illustrations were nice.
May 30, 2010 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Nice offbeat rhymes. Clever multi-media illustrations. And a twist ending that the kids didn't see coming. They've requested this one a bunch.
Brenda
Nov 15, 2008 Brenda rated it it was amazing
I loved using this book to have the kids make "ghostie" noises that get them into their head voice for singing. Plus my kindergarteners love the ending!
Elizabeth
Apr 18, 2009 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-lit
I really liked the very European illustration, and the story is funny, too. Gracie and Bridget loved hee-hee-hee-ing with the mischievous ghosties... and gosh, I sure like the name "Pippa Goodhart."
mindi
Sep 14, 2008 mindi rated it really liked it
we LOVED this book. Julian is going through a "ghostie" phase, so this book was perfect, especially with Halloween coming up. :)
Stephanie
May 21, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
I read this book to Brenna last night and had to add it to my list on Goodreads. I love this book! The illustrations are very cool and the silly rhyming is fun!
Meghan
Sep 23, 2010 Meghan rated it it was amazing
this is one of my absolute favorite children's books of all time. I've read it probably a million times to my kids.
Nick
Apr 06, 2012 Nick rated it really liked it
Shelves: t-l-306
This book was great. I really liked the way that they made up their own words. It was a fun book to read out loud.
Marek
Feb 20, 2013 Marek rated it really liked it
Goodhart's funny story about three mischievous ghosts is fun. My little one wants this one read over and over again.
Michelle (FabBookReviews)
Oct 22, 2011 Michelle (FabBookReviews) rated it really liked it
I love this book! Perfect for Halloween storytime. The illustrations are just beautifully spooky, but not too spooky for the youngsters.
Jean-Marie
Jean-Marie rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2012
Jenice
Jenice rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2008
Maggie
Maggie rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2015
Ms. Simeon
Ms. Simeon rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2009
Penny
Penny rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2012
Will
Will rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2012
Tory
Tory rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2009
Jake Mallory
Jake Mallory rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2014
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2012