Start by marking “Framed for Murder” as Want to Read:
Framed for Murder

Framed for Murder (An Anna Nolan Mystery #1)

Winner of the 2014 Bony Blithe Mystery Award. Available as an e-book and a paperback.

Anna Nolan discovers her ex-husband, Jack, on a deserted country road one night - dead, unfortunately. He could only have been in town to see Anna, unless Jack was looking for their son, Ben. At least, that’s how the tall, cool Brit leading the police investigation sees it. To divert suspi
Published October 30th 2013 by Comely Press (first published October 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Framed for Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Framed for Murder

Cathy Spencer
Nov 08, 2013 Cathy Spencer added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I think "Framed for Murder" is a wonderful read, but then, I wrote it!
Georgia
Dec 13, 2012 Georgia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beware of Walking Your Dog, You May Find a Body

Road Kill by CM Spencer is a cozy mystery set in Chinook (a small town in Canada). We follow the life of Anna Nolan, starting with (while out walking her dog) literally stumbling across the body of her estranged ex-husband (Jack)- and then immediately being found my a local cop over said body.

Evidence against her piles up and Anna has real reason to investigate his death. Which is to say, so she can prove her innocence. However- as she puts it- she
Ameise1
Jun 02, 2013 Ameise1 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-reviewed
I seldom give five stars for a book but in this case I don't have another possibility. It's an absolutely brilliant story. I would put it into the category of cosy mysteries. It's a mixture between Miss Marpel and Murder she wrote only in a modern version and set out in Canada.
I got quickly familiar with all characters. CM Spencer described them, the actions and the surrounding so vivid that I've felt being into the plot on my own, being a part of them as a ghostly observer. I suffered with Anna
Lynn
Aug 11, 2016 Lynn rated it really liked it
Framed for Murder is the first book in the cozy Anna Nolan mystery series. Anna goes out for a nightly walk with her dog who discovers a body.The body turns out to be Anna's ex-husband who she hasn't seen for a few years. She becomes a suspect. She starts investigating to find out who murdered her ex.

The book read fast and held my interest. I felt the strength of the book was the characters. Anna is a likeable protagonist. I loved the "Diner" characters and would like to revisit them in the next
Cathy Austin
Jul 13, 2015 Cathy Austin rated it really liked it
I like that Spencer is a Canadian author and has set this crime novel in a small town in Alberta. I love reading about places where I live. Framed for Murder is an easy read. In fact, I started this book yesterday morning and finished it early afternoon today. Good plausible plot, characters are very likable and our heroine, Anna Nolan, acted to clear her name from her ex husband's murder in typical fashion: just do whatever comes naturally like snooping, meeting with ex lovers of her husband, ...more
Carlissa
Nov 17, 2013 Carlissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, read-in-2013
Cathy Spencer is a new author for me, I found out about her books when Amazon offered her short story (House on Cliffside) for free. I liked the short story, so I went on to look up her other books. I enjoyed the mystery part of this story, but I'm not much of a fan of romance and this book has a little too much for my taste. There were a few grammatical errors and the formatting of the ebook really needs to be corrected.

A
Apr 27, 2013 A rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What would you do if you found your ex-husband body and you are the main suspect? Anna Nolan must find out why her ex-husband was killed and by whom. The story was good, engaging the reader to determine who did the deed among the many possible suspects. Murder, suspects, doubts, questions, and a possible romance with a younger man will keep you entertain.
Megan
Jun 07, 2013 Megan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a really good read! The author did a good job of delving out the characters and I really liked the main character, Anna Nolan.

I would recommend this book to others looking for a light-hearted mystery.
Joan
Sep 22, 2013 Joan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy reading books set in Canada, but the conversational style of this book was very distracting. The characters addressed each other by name every other sentence, even when they were the only 2 people present or when they were talking on the phone.
Anne
Feb 10, 2014 Anne rated it really liked it
Received a signed copy of this book from the author. Really enjoyed it and liked the main character Anna Nolan, light hearted murder mystery found it an easy read.
Lee Chalmers
Lee Chalmers rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2014
Tina
Tina rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2014
Stephanie Arnold
Stephanie Arnold rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2014
Deanna
Deanna rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2013
Judy
Judy rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2016
mitzi
mitzi rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Twanna Tyler
Twanna Tyler rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2016
Krista
Krista rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2013
Kirsten Dillard
Kirsten Dillard rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Dacile Hendricks
Dacile Hendricks rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2014
Michelle Hoffman
Michelle Hoffman rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2014
Minta Candelaria
Minta Candelaria rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2015
Meg Smith
Meg Smith rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2016
Wendy Ogden
Wendy Ogden rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2013
Jill
Jill rated it really liked it
May 03, 2015
Sandra Williams
Sandra Williams rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2014
Lucie
Lucie rated it it was ok
Sep 17, 2016
Val
Val rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2013
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2016
marie borrusso
marie borrusso rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Happily Ever Afte...: Award-Winning Mystery on Sale for $0.99 3 9 Dec 04, 2014 02:42PM
  • Down Home And Deadly  (Sleuthing Sisters Mystery #3)
  • Love Thy Sister (Mina's Adventures, #1)
  • Storm Surge (A Jonie Waters Mystery, #1)
  • Digging Up Death (Mari Duggins Mystery, #1)
  • Killer Image (Art Gallery Mystery Series #1)
  • Hot Chocolate
  • Overdue for Murder (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #2)
  • Bats and Bones (The Frannie Shoemaker Campground Mysteries #1)
  • Quiet Killing (Promise McNeal Mysteries #2)
  • Murder in Death's Door County
  • Any Port in a Storm (A Jolie Gentil Cozy Mystery, #4)
  • The Hollow Tree at Dead Mule Swamp (Anastasia Raven Mysteries)
  • Dinner at Deadman's
  • The Returns (The Returns, #1)
  • Death of a Lovable Geek (Dotsy Lamb, #2)
  • Out on a Limb: A Smoky Mountain Mystery
  • Plead Forgiveness (Loyalty, #1)
  • For Better, for Murder
Canadian author Cathy Spencer writes the award-winning Anna Nolan mystery series, as well as regency and contemporary romance. She is also the author of 2 short-story collections.

Connect with Cathy online:
Blog: http://cmspencer.blogspot.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CathySpencer...
More about Cathy Spencer...

An Anna Nolan Mystery (3 books)
  • Town Haunts