Start by marking “Never Turn Away (Kellington, #6)” as Want to Read:
Never Turn Away (Kellington, #6)

Never Turn Away (Kellington #6)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  416 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
When Bow Street Inspector Joseph Stapleton is sent to Oxfordshire to help the daughter of an earl, little does he know how the mission will affect him personally.

Lady Evelyn Williams must marry within weeks, but she has never met a gentleman of the ton whom she would even consider as a potential husband. Then she encounters the brave, handsome man from London.

NEVER TURN AW
Published November 8th 2013 (first published November 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Never Turn Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Turn Away

PepperP0t
(Following the climactic rescue in Never Deny Your Heart , Liam offers Bow Street Inspector Joseph Stapleton to recuperate from his injuries at one of the family country estates. While there, Liam would be most appreciative if Joseph would assist a neighbor resolve a problem that would affect the adjoining Kellington property. The travel gives Joseph time to contemplate possible changes in his life and perhaps life in the country could be what he needs. Immediately enchanted upon meeting, Joseph ...more
Melanie
Nov 27, 2013 Melanie rated it it was amazing
I looked forward to this story as much as I dreaded it; it was finally time for our Stapleton, the infamous Bow Street Runner to have his HEA, but it is also to be a last Kellington book; not what I was looking forward to.

I can tell you I loved each story that has been written so far, and even though our Joseph is only an ‘honorary’ brother to the Kellington brood, his story is as well told as all the others.

The plot was well-developed and executed with clues to the villain well hidden; every c
Tracy
Nov 18, 2013 Tracy rated it it was amazing
The best was certainly saved for last and as much as I enjoyed the first five books in this series - I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this book!

The writing was wonderful, the plot believable, and the love scenes were hot - what more could you want??

I loved Joseph & Evelyn - they were funny, smart & passionate - and they were perfect together.

It was great watching them fall in love and it was wonderful to catch up with the Kellington siblings.

I would recommend this series to anyone who enjoys hist
Emily Rose
Feb 14, 2014 Emily Rose rated it it was amazing
This was a great installment in the Kellington series, and I hope it isn't the last. I get the feeling that we will see a book about Ridgeway ( the guy who openly admitted he needed to marry for money and was quite charming about it). As for this book, I thought the plot was interesting and engaging, and the love between the hero and heroine was very believable. I also liked the fact that the heroine was purposely looking for a husband that wasn't part of the ton. That really made the story uniq ...more
Jo Ann
Nov 23, 2013 Jo Ann rated it really liked it
What a great book to end the series on! Joseph and Evelyn are a wonderful couple, the chemistry between them jumps off the page! As always, Ms Driscoll gives her characters such a great sense of humor. The banter between Joseph and Evelyn when they're untangling the ewe is priceless. The entire Kellington clan is a delight and I've enjoyed seeing the development of each couple as the series progressed. Looking forward to the next series with the Earl of Ridgeway!
Alison
Aug 21, 2016 Alison rated it really liked it
4.5* so sad to finish this series but enjoyed it so much.
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Feb 10, 2014 Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb" rated it it was amazing
Never Turn Away is the last of The Fabulous and Amazing Kellington series.

Joseph Stapleton A Bow Street Runner and Lady Evelyn Williams, the daughter of a deceased Earl and wealthy Heiress made a delightful couple. The story is so engaging with well developed characters an well developed storyline. Joseph and Evelyn have a very romantic loving and sensual relationship. It took a bit to get to the hot sexual relationship that Ms. Driscoll can write extremely well and tasteful, but it was still a
Erin
Sep 12, 2014 Erin rated it liked it
The final Kellington story has been told. While inspector Joseph Stapleton isn't truly a Kellington, he's an honorary family member, so it still counts. It's sad to see their stories end, but the whole family has found their happy endings--and Driscoll made it clear in her "afterword" that these characters are far from gone in her upcoming novels, so it's not the last we'll see of them, which is nice to hear.

This one, having read all the previous Kellington stories, was fairly predictable in the
Judith
Nov 29, 2014 Judith rated it it was amazing
A fitting final book in this series

It is not uncommon for a titled gentleman to engage in an affair with a commoner but in this novel the reverse is the case. A Bow Street Inspector who has proven to be a true friend to the Duke of Lynwood and his siblings is the focus of the story that involves a titled lady as his love interest. The situation is loaded with social problems for Lady Evelyn and financial hardships for her relatives if she marries and keeps her sizeable fortune all to herself. It
Tonileg
Mar 25, 2015 Tonileg rated it liked it
Historical English romance with a self-made-man falls in love with a well born Earl's daughter that has to marry quickly or lose her home and livelihood.
Bow Street Inspector Joseph Stapleton has been adopted by the Kellington family so he gets set up by the family to help a neighbor in one of their estates in Oxfordshire.
Lady Evelyn Williams is alone in the world, she has friends in her hometown and is beloved by her servants, but that can't replace a family or a partner in life so she is left
Sam Wilkinson
Dec 21, 2016 Sam Wilkinson rated it liked it
I know, I know, I wasn't going to read the rest of these... Still not convinced I'll go back and fill in the ones in this series I've missed, but I'm tempted by the prospect of a book about Earl Ridgeway!

Overall, it was an enjoyable, easy to read bit of escapism.

Firstly, Scots whisky (without the e) finally put in an appearance, which I was far too pleased about!

The intimate scenes were a bit less graphic than in the last one (which I prefer), and I thought that the characterisation was stronger
Sam
Nov 16, 2013 Sam rated it liked it

Overall, it was an enjoyable, easy to read bit of escapism.

Norma Reasor
Mar 26, 2015 Norma Reasor rated it really liked it
GreT fun!

Sad to say, this is the last of the Kellington books, although the author does promise a glimpse of them in later books. This is not about the Kellington's directly, but about a neighbor of theirs, Lady Evelyn Williams,and the Bow Street Inspector Joseph Stapleton. At the request of Liam, he is sent to Caversham to recuperate and to make sure Lady Evelyn is kept safe. She must choose a husband post haste so that she does not lose her inheritance to her disreputable cousin, and the Kell
May Anderson
Jul 25, 2014 May Anderson rated it really liked it
Once again, I have to give 4 stars instead of 5 because of an error. 69% of the way through the book (according to my Kindle app) the paragraph begins:

"A number of ladies had even descended upon the Countess of Larsen's home that day, inquiring after her sister-in-law. It was thought to be curious, indeed, that Lady Evelyn was not staying there, since they were her closest relatives."

Lady Evelyn is the cousin (in-law) of Countess Larsen, not sister-in-law.

Other than that, it was a good read and
Ann Gonzalez
Jul 05, 2015 Ann Gonzalez rated it it was amazing
This was a great addition to the Kellington series. It could be read alone, but needs to be read as a series. Not only do you get the story of Evelyn and Joseph, but you get to catch up on the Kellingtons as well. I think this book, as the previous five, was well written. In this book there is an introduction to Colin Emerson, Earl of Ridgeway. I have read the Emerson books and recommend them as well.
Michelle
Jan 15, 2015 Michelle rated it liked it
This book was okay. Didn't care too much about the main characters, but I did enjoy reading about the couples from the previous books! One thing that surprises and disappoints me about the stories this author writes - her heroines are virgins, but very forward and immediately get into the sex, even though they don't really know what's going on, because ladies weren't supposed to know things back then. The author just seems out of step with the time that she is writing for.
Julia
Jun 08, 2016 Julia added it
While I found myself skimming past of the (to me) rather graphic love scenes in this series of books, I thought the stories and characters in them were well worth the effort. I thoroughly enjoyed them and would recommend them to anyone who enjoys historical romance with a dash of intrigue - as long as they are willing to read some rather *ahem* descriptive sex scenes (or skim past them, as I did).
Debra
Jul 08, 2015 Debra rated it really liked it
What a wonderful book

You have talent M.D. and each book is a keeper so happy I read your book the first one for free because I would not have found you. Now I have fallen in love with each one of your books. So now for Collins story. May you be bless to always write wonderful novels. God bless you and your love for romance. A MUST READ D. From New York City
Shay
Jul 05, 2015 Shay rated it really liked it
A good end to a good series. I've read most of the others and it was nice to see Joseph get his happy ending. Plus, we got to see some of the characters from the earlier books and get an introduction to Ridgeway and Stemple (2 characters I love from the next series.).
cheryl dwyer
Apr 16, 2015 cheryl dwyer rated it it was amazing
Great series

This whole series was very enjoyable the last book bringing us to another series . The stories are funny and easily follow one another the characters are interesting with just a little mystery and danger. Great books for an evening by the fire.
Carol and Gary Curtis
Jul 08, 2015 Carol and Gary Curtis rated it it was amazing
Delightful story. Not my normal type but simply lovely. The plot was an interesting one and the main characters were excellent. Not sure about the portrait that seemed to cause so much consternation!
Sheila Sharp
Jul 18, 2015 Sheila Sharp rated it really liked it
Good likable characters

As book 6 in a series really good stand alone. Plot and villain believable. Charming opening and enough about previous chats make me want to start at the beginning of the series.
Kim
Jul 03, 2015 Kim rated it it was amazing
Light read that's interesting & romantic

This was a wonderful light romance. Not a lot of historical reference which is not important to me anyway. The characters are likable and the plot, although not new, was still interesting. Well worth reading.
Denise
Jan 17, 2015 Denise rated it it was amazing
Very nicely done. Still waters do run deep. Beautiful love story. Sorry to see the Kellington family leave ... for the most part. Happy there is another family to learn to love! Well done, Ms Driscoll.
Tinsoni
May 05, 2015 Tinsoni rated it really liked it
This was my second first book of the series with Dukes story being the first. Even though it was written beautifully the sense contentment I feel at the end of an excellent novel was missing. The reason for its lack eludes me.
Joan
Jul 25, 2015 Joan rated it it was ok
This was fun to read but the almost farcical inclusion of the 'portrait' spoiled the story for me. I have no idea if the portrait makes an appearance in previous stories about the Kellingtons, but it felt forced and comical here.
Laura Mae
Oct 31, 2016 Laura Mae rated it really liked it
Love the Kellingtons

Best story in the series isn't even about Kellingtons. If you love a book with a happy ending, a little mayhem, and lovers who must overcome adversity, this is for you!
Jeanna Brown
Dec 06, 2013 Jeanna Brown rated it really liked it
Beautiful story of the love that blossoms between 2 people. Looking forward to Lord Ridgeway ' s story coming in February 2014!
Velvetink
Jul 03, 2015 Velvetink marked it as to-read
kindle
Victoria Busby
Apr 11, 2016 Victoria Busby rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Loved the characters. Loved the story. Loved the time period. Get all of the books in the series and enjoy.
  • Moonlight On My Mind (Second Sons, #3)
  • Someone to Love (London Friends, #2) (Love in the Regency, #2)
  • The Baron and The Bluestocking (Six Rogues and Their Ladies Book 6)
  • The Secret Bluestocking
  • Something About Her
  • A Christmas Gone Perfectly Wrong (Blackshear Family, #0.5)
  • A Splendid Defiance
  • Already His (The Caversham Chronicles, #2)
  • Her Dangerous Viscount (Beauvisage, #4)
  • Myriah Fire
  • Texas Tango (Texas Montgomery Mavericks, #2)
  • Death Waltz in Vienna
  • Douglas: Lord of Heartache (Lonely Lords, #8)
  • The Haunting of a Duke (Dark Regency, #1)
  • Mandy
  • Lady Fiasco (Regency Trilogy, #1)
  • Sourdough Creek
Maureen Driscoll is an Emmy-nominated writer/producer in Hollywood. She is the author of a series of Regency romance novels about the Kellington family and looks forward to meeting her very own Mr. Darcy.
More about Maureen Driscoll...

Kellington (6 books)
  • Never a Mistress, No Longer a Maid (Kellington, #1)
  • Never Miss a Chance (Kellington, #2)
  • Never Wager Against Love (Kellington #3)
  • Never Run From Love (Kellington, #4)
  • Never Deny Your Heart (Kellington, #5)

“They were Mr. and Mrs. Minsberg,” 0 likes