Start by marking “Solving for Nic (Southern Style, #2)” as Want to Read:
Solving for Nic (Southern Style, #2)

Solving for Nic (Southern Style #2)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  170 ratings  ·  49 reviews
Lizzie Sellers has a plan that includes finishing graduate school in theoretical math, solving one of the world's most important mathematical questions, and winning a Fields Medal all before she's thirty. Her plan does not include a happily ever after with an Italian billionaire playboy she's been crushing on since she was seventeen. When she meets him again at her brother ...more
Published December 5th 2014 by Callahan Publishing

Ivy Deluca
The second book in the Southern Style series features Lizzie Sellers, the sister of the hero from Sweetened with a Kiss, and Nic Maretti, a suave billionaire family friend (well, his sister married her friend/distant relation Rogan). They met when she was seventeen and he was twenty seven. Four years later, romance happens….

The Good, The Bad and Everything In Between

-Beautiful locales: I’d read the first book in the series, Sweetened with a Kiss and I remembered enjoying it. This book builds on
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Solving for Nic is an adorably steamy and humorous small town southern romance featuring a young brilliant math geek and a ‘worldy’ slightly jaded playboy who discover that love has no definite rules. Fans of this series will remember Lizzie and Nic from book one-Sweetened With A Kiss. Too young to pursue when they first met, Nic waits until Lizzie is legal and then sweeps her off her feet. A few small misunderstandings provide some conflict but on the whole, Nic and Lizzie are intelligent, hone ...more
Aarann

So before I start, you know that malaise that affects bookworms sometimes where you just can't concentrate on your favorite genre and it isn't the book's fault or the author's fault, it's just that your brain will not allow you to concentrate and you have to pause and do a palate cleanse with another genre before you can finish the one you're on? Yeah. That would have to happen with my first ever ARC. So, a book about WWII and an Urban Fantasy later and I was finally able to concentrate
Astraycat
Great story! A smooth and sweet reading with many spices. If you've read Sweetened With a Kiss(Southern Style, #1), you must remember Lizzie, she is not only Stefan's sister but also Jen's best friend. This is her story!
Lizze had a crush on her brother's friend, Nic, when she was 17 he first asked her to dance with him at Rogan and Angie's wedding.

I like: I liked the way Ms.Lexxi Callahan told story. whenever I thought, oh no, cliche was going to happen, the story line would turn the OTHER way
Three Chicks
3.5 Stars

I always find it fascinating when you read the description of a book and the actual storyline isn't quite what the description gives you. Such is the case with Solving for Nic. Honestly, I don't think my synopsis is quite what the book is about...there's a lot going on in this book; so much so that it took my a few tries to sum it all up. Very busy storyline.

Nic Maretti has craved Lizzie Sellars for years. His first encounter with her was when she was seventeen years old but knowing sh
Penny Watson
4.5 stars, rounded up

Lexxi Callahan is a genius at creating sexual chemistry. I love the attraction between smarty-pants sweet heroine and smoky hot hero.

More later!

Esther
What a romantic and beautiful romance. This was a very sweet romance and one filled with chemistry and sexual tension. Oh hot too!! :)

A story of Lizzie who was a smart (math genius),sweet, funny and beautiful. The hero Nic, oh my, he was incredible. Italian (need I say more) rich, sweet, alpha and knows how to get his girl. These two together where beautiful to behold.

They have known each other for years. Having met at his sisters wedding and danced one dance, they each where impacted by the o
Sivy
5 romantic and beautiful stars!!. Sweet romance with chemistry and some sexual tension that ends up extremely hot!!

Lizzie who was a smart math teacher with a hint of sweet, funny, innocent and beautiful. Nic.....Italian, rich, sweet, alpha, playboy/bad boy rep and knows how to get the girl.

Their history are that they have known each other for years. Encountered at his sisters wedding and danced one dance, instantly attracted to each other but Lizzie was seventeen at the time. Later on in the y
Sue1958
After reading book 1 in this series, I was really looking forward to book 2. I can't say this book was as good as the first one, it was like the author put a lot of work into the first one to get it right, but this one seemed to be all over the place. I tried to keep up, I really did, but its a busy book 2!

Here we have Nic. He's a 'love 'em and leave 'em' type guy. Seeing that Lizzie was way too young and inexperienced in book 1 to start a relationship, we learnt he held back, mind you, Lizzie's
Straight Shootin' Book Reviews

*Dreamy sigh* Nicolas Maretti... I LOVE you.

Rachel

Actually, Lexxi Callahan, I love this book. While I enjoyed the first book, Sweetened with A Kiss, I felt like there was more there where this author is concerned. (As in, I felt there was a lot more potential there.) Thank goodness, I was right. I truly enjoyed this tale of a super smart woman who hides the true extent of her intelligence from... pretty much everyone. Especially Nic Marietti, who she has had a mad crush on for as long as she can re

Maria Rose
This steamy contemporary (bordering on erotic!) romance is the story of Lizzie and Nic. Nic's been waiting for Lizzie to turn 21 and now that she has, he wants to show her how good they can be together, something Lizzie has been dreaming about for years. But will a passionate fling be enough or will they both end up wanting more?

I loved this story! You've got a fabulous combination of sweet virginal Lizzie and suave, charming Nic -but who is really holding all the cards? One might expect it to b
Tinsoni
First book in the series was the epitome of intensity....this one of warmth...all in love. Nic was fierce and vulnerable....Lezzie loving and loyal....perfect.

Not an unbiased five star....just was in the right mood and had the right environment to enjoy this book to its full extent...or even more.
Jen
Nic and Lizzie

I think I am in the minority and I actually liked book 1 better than book 2. I would have liked Lizzie to respect that giant brain of hers a little more. We only got to see that side of her for a short time at the end. So far this series does have heroes that are right up my alley though. Love their growly, angry manliness. I would like Jared now, please. And maybe Grant??
Deanna Manning
Great book

I loved this book and will definitely recommend it to my friends. Loved Nick and really liked that it was a stand alone book. Really starting to hate all the books that are drawn out.
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)
I received a digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

For more reviews, visit For The Love of Fictional Worlds

This book was one of the first that I had requested on Netgalley. I love romances, where the alpha male doesn't know what hits him when he crossed paths with a strong female, who could just be 'the one'.

Honestly, speaking I never even looked at Goodreads before starting this one. It was an impulse pick late night when I was unable to sleep.

So for the first 20-30 pages
beth myrick
Lexxi Callahan

Just keeps getting better. I was gifted this book for an honest review.

I hadn't read the first book before I offered to read this book, so I downloaded book one....which I encourage you to do RIGH NOW......and fell in love. So, immediately after finishing book one I jumped right in to Solving for Nic, and just fell further.

When I say that, I'm saying I'm in love with this writer's style of writing. She spins pure magic with words. The detail, the wording, the images, the Frank, the
Summer's Book Blog
* ARC provided by the author for an honest review *

Solving for Nic is book two in the Southern Style series by Lexxi Callahan. I highly recommend reading Sweetened with a Kiss first because, well, you REALLY, REALLY want to meet Stefan Sellers. In addition, it will introduce to the characters in this story and give you a better understanding as to who people are and why they are around.

So, Solving for Nic... Excellent read for me!! I was given this book to review and realized there was one befo
Jeannie Zelos

Solving for Nic, Southern Style Series book 2, Lexxi Callahan
Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews
Genre: Contemporary Romance.
I like books with depth, that make me think and that really get into my psyche, but sometimes I just want a fun read, one to relax with that doesn’t need too much thinking about to enjoy the story. This book was perfect for that. In fact reading it I realised I’d missed that it was the second in a series and have just downloaded the first from amazon while its free – ba
Naksed
A surprisingly steamy, more complex than average, and very well written contemporary romance set in a very sultry Louisiana, with a smashing trip to Key Largo in between. I was expecting a hokey, satisfying Harlequin romance to gobble up mindlessly but this book was much better than that. The writing was stellar, the character development substantial, and did I mention the steam factor? Whheeewwww. Not to mention it involves my favorite scenario of the Nerd Girl who gets the Alpha :-)

Too bad it
KindleJo Jo

I enjoyed falling in love with Nic and Lizzie. Lizzie is an adorable math genius who has been holding out for her shot at Nic for quite some time. Nic is an intense businessman who doesn't expect much from the women he normally dates.

What I loved about this book: Lizzie, she had justifiable insecurities and she dealt with them in a just the way you would expect from a 21 year old virgin. Nic, he's protective of those around him. His emotional hang-ups made sense and weren't over dramati
Heather andrews
Sometimes Nic and Lizzie's relationship needs, well actually all the time they need communication, "she nodded. "I wanted you to call." She'd been devastated when he hadn't and furious with herself for being devastated." Nic slowly learns Lizzie is different from other women and that she is a keeper, "Nic blinked. This wasn't a false protest. She really didn't want him to spend money on her. He'd never met anyone like Lizzie before." Lizzie and Nic don't eat meat, but fish well unless Lizzie see ...more
Shelley Youngblood
This is a great story that had me hooked from the beginning. Lizzie Sellers has been hooked on Nic Maretti since her cousin's wedding when she was 17. Now at 21 she is in a doctoral program for mathematics at Princeton. She does not have time to date but that does not stop her from letting her trying to get Nic out of her system when she sees him at her brother's wedding. After all, there is no way he can live up to her extremely high expectations that have been building since she was 17.

Nic is
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I was given a copy by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This was very enjoyable read. I absolutely loved it. It took me a little while to figure out all the characters, but I loved everyone of them. Lizzie has had a crush on Nic since she was 17 and now four years later a passionate love affair starts. They both have doubts and reservations, but it all comes together and they find that everlasting love. This is my first book by this author and I have to give her a big thumbs up, she di
Janell Sutherland
I like books about geeks and nerds. This book features Lizzie, a math genius at Princeton, and Nic, her brother’s friend who is also a totally rich real estate developer and heir to an Italian vineyard. Although Lizzie spent most of the book hiding her nerdy side and portraying a more ditzy version of herself, I still liked her.

Lizzie is about a decade younger than Nic. They met at a swanky social gathering years ago and danced together. At the time, Lizzie’s dad gave Nic that timeless, fatherly
Stacee
I downloaded this on a whim because I love the idea of a super smart girl and a playboy type. It sounded like a companion novel, so I figured it was okay to read it.

I liked Lizzie and Nic. I liked the POV switch off and the general plot. I loved the epilogue. I didn't like the constant thoughts of how amazingly hot/sweet/demanding/innocent the other person was. It got painfully annoying and I did end up skimming a bit here and there.

I think I would have enjoyed it more if I knew what the overa
Antoinette
4.5 STARS (Must Read for true Romantics)
Loved loved loved Lizzie and Nic!! There's nothing better than a spin on the classic geek with a crush on hott guy story. The fact that Lizzie's a math genius who's unable to comprehend the lifestyle and amount of money Nic has is not lost on me. Solving for Nic is definitely the favorite of the two. It's pure romance and steaming attraction that you can thoroughly enjoy without all the extras and major complications you get from a lot of stories these day
Vali
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
This book kept me awake last night because I simply could not put it down! The chemistry between Nic and Lizzie was amazing! The main reason I am giving this book 5 stars is because in most romances, alphas like Nic end up being smarter and wiser than their women. In this book, the heroine is a genius and the hero is not only supportive, but gets major points for being so proud of her.
I am so looking forward to Jared's story!
Susan
Better and better

This author gets better with each book. Nic and Lizzy was such a great read. Full of smiles and some angst. Touching moments of emotional love and really two. HEA for the price of one. Rogan and Angie resolve their issue in this book also. Nic seems detached but with his background who wouldn't and Izzy is so much more than the ditzy party girl little sister than she seemed. I read in one sitting and can't wait for Jared's story.
Tracy Lundy-Munn
Absolutely loved Solving for Nic by Lexxi Callahan. This book was the second in the Southern Style series and was just as good as the first. The storyline was well thought out and had lots of depth and emotion. The characters once again had lots of chemistry and were perfect for this book. Again, no cliffhanger with this book just a fantastic love story. Loving this series and can't wait for Jared's story in book three.
When does this come out? 4 13 Jan 06, 2015 09:46PM
  • A Virgin for His Prize  (Ruthless Russians #2)
  • Sheikh's Desert Duty (The Chatsfield, #9)
  • Calen's Captive (A Singular Obsession Book 2)
  • Nine Months to Redeem Him (One Night With Consequences, #6)
  • A Wife for One Year (Those Engaging Garretts!)
  • Make You Mine (Nine Circles, #2)
  • Dangerous Curves (Dangerous Curves, #1)
  • Forbidden
  • The Housekeeper's Awakening
  • The Only Woman to Defy Him (Alpha Heroes Meet Their Match #1)
  • Dante's Unexpected Legacy (One Night With Consequences, #4)
  • White Balance
  • Never Say No to a Caffarelli (Those Scandalous Caffarellis, #1)
  • On His Terms
  • Hot Boss, Boardroom Mistress
  • Lighting the Flames
  • The Ultimate Playboy (21st Century Gentleman's Club #1)
  • Captured by the Sheikh (Rivals to the Crown of Kadar #1)
Lexxi Callahan writes sexy, not quite erotic, contemporary romance novels set in the deep South. She's always online and you can usually find her at @callahanlexxie.
More about Lexxi Callahan...

Southern Style (3 books)
  • Sweetened With a Kiss (Southern Style, #1)
  • The Fall of the Red Queen (Southern Style, #3)
Sweetened With a Kiss (Southern Style, #1) The Fall of the Red Queen (Southern Style, #3)