Start by marking “Prey For Day (and Other Stories)” as Want to Read:
Prey For Day (and Other Stories)

Prey For Day (and Other Stories)

Supernatural beings living amongst humans. Vengeful angels. Worlds with no hope. 'Prey For Day and Other Stories' is a collection of four spine-tingling and thought-provoking tales. Devour these wicked treats from author Joss L. Riley. In this debut publication, Joss introduces you to four of her bravest characters as they face uncertainty and doom.

Born a vampire in a wor
Published October 26th 2013 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Prey For Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prey For Day

Edwina Hall Callan
Feb 25, 2016 Edwina Hall Callan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, 2016
This is supposed to be a book of 4 short stories ...
A short story should have a beginning, middle, and end, the same as a full length novel.

Prey For Day reads like the first chapter of a book, setting you up with all the information about the various characters and then abruptly ending.

The Dreadful Death of Dark Midnight made me feel as though I'd opened up a book and started to read from the middle, with no clue about what the heck was going on.

Black Rains was a waste of the 2 minutes it took t
Audri Tyson
Jul 13, 2014 Audri Tyson rated it really liked it
I take my hat off for authors that can write short stories, I don't think they are easy to do. I wouldn't even know where to begin to write one if my life depended on it.

Joss L. Riley didn't write just one in Prey for Day, she wrote four. The first one follow a teenage vampire Eva and her human friend Danny. I would've loved for this story to go on just a tad more as it ended with Eva being found by Six. A hunter, which doesn't seem like a hunter, but a stronger supernatural being than Eva. She
Nick Reichert
Aug 18, 2014 Nick Reichert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book of this genre that I have read and I really liked it. Joss is a great storyteller and combines vivid details and a lot of suspense in her short stories. Highly recommend.
Jennifer Hines
Nov 13, 2013 Jennifer Hines rated it liked it
*I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Prey For Day – Eva is a unique vampire who is torn away from her life and her human best friend, Danny, by a vampire hunter named Six. I really enjoyed this story, but wished it to continue. I could easily see this being a prequel to an entire full length book. My fingers are crossed!

The Dreadful Dead of Dark Midnight – Julian has committed an atrocity. He is a lost soul. But there are plans that will right his path. Eve
Adrienne Woods
Jul 16, 2014 Adrienne Woods rated it really liked it
Prey of Day and other stories is a collection by Joss L. Riley.

The first story follows Eva, a teenage vampire who has a human friend, taunting her to take a bite out of him. I liked Danny from the first time I read his dialogue. He and Eva really have good comebacks to quiet one another, but what interests me more was their relationship. I didn't know if it was friendship or leaning more to the otherside of love, the forbidden kind.
Six is also a well developed character for this short story. He
Firequill
Jul 16, 2014 Firequill rated it it was amazing
I love short stories, those that can write them are brilliant and I have to say that Joss L. Riley is no different.

I'm a huge fan of the paranormal. Love Vampires, Angels, End of the World books, movies, you name it, oh and I loved Greek, Norske, all types of Mythology.

Joss's short story Prey For Day is all that, her first story is about a teenage vampire named Eva and her human friend Danny. I love the relationship with the teenage bickering going back and forth between these characters. Joss
Sunshine Somerville
Jan 31, 2014 Sunshine Somerville rated it liked it
I liked these stories. For each, you get just enough to pique your interest, and then you're left wanting more. Since the author is working on full-length novels, I'd be curious to see if any of these are fleshed out. The writing is pretty good, and each story has a slightly different tone, which is nice to see in a collection.
Prey for Day is the longest of the short stories contained herein and seems to hold the most promise for a full-length followup. It could very easily feel like a typical t
D.r. Stokes
Nov 26, 2013 D.r. Stokes rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! At the risk of sounding like Forrest Gump, this book is like a box of chocolates, but one of those really good ones where you know each one is going to be both different and really good. In fact, like a box of chocolates, what I really wanted was more! At the end of each story I was desperate to find out what happened next, what else was going on, etc...

Of the four stories, Prey for Day is the longest, and (like other reviewers) I can only hope that Joss will eventual
Robyn Koshel
Jul 22, 2014 Robyn Koshel rated it really liked it
Four brilliant urban fantasy stories, bundled together in a unique package that is perfect for a coffee break read.
Vampires and all things that go bump in the night are represented in Joss L. Riley' s macabre young adult world.
I can not wait to see what Joss L. Riley writes next. These stories just wetted my appetite for her next full length novel.
S.K. Gregory
Jul 13, 2014 S.K. Gregory rated it really liked it
There are some great ideas here and some very interesting characters especially Eva and Danny from the first story. I just wish each of the stories had been longer! Each one has the potential to be turned into a full novel. Worth reading but i would love to see more.
Lizzie Andrews
Feb 10, 2014 Lizzie Andrews rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a nice collection of short stories! The only thing I am hoping for is the full length story...they just weren't long enough! Prey For Day was a great, easy read!
Cloey.k
Cloey.k marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Dani
Dani marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Gemma Innes
Gemma Innes marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Pure indie promotion: Secret Goodreads Promotions...Shhh... 1 15 Nov 12, 2013 05:24PM
Joss L. Riley lives in Connecticut. Growing up in New England, Joss developed a love/hate relationship with the seasons, but decided to tolerate the winters for the sake of hot chocolate.

Joss writes stories in the fantasy, sci-fi, and horror genres. Her next book will be 'LifeHackers'. Set in London during the reign of the 'cyber-terrorist', it's a pre-apocalyptic story of a world trapped between
More about Joss L. Riley...