Start by marking “M3 Medium Tank vs Panzer III: Kasserine Pass, 1943” as Want to Read:
M3 Medium Tank vs Panzer III: Kasserine Pass, 1943

M3 Medium Tank vs Panzer III: Kasserine Pass, 1943 (Duel #10)

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  4 reviews
"...the first-person perspectives offered by Kirby and Köhler put this book on my recommended books list. These personal experiences definitely stirred some interest for me to research more on the design, evolution, and field performance of each of the two tanks.- C. Peter Chen, World War II Database (July 2008)

Smarting from their defeat at El Alamein and with directives t
Published May 20th 2008 by Osprey Publishing

To ask other readers questions about M3 Medium Tank vs Panzer III, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about M3 Medium Tank vs Panzer III

Marcus
After reading first couple of of Duel booklets I started to have doubts about the concept on which this series is based. 'M3 Medium Tank vs Panzer III' did nothing to dispell them, if anything it is perhaps the best example so far of a book in this series missing the intended mark by a wide marigin. Out of 80+ pages perhaps five or six are mildly associated with the topic insinuated by series title, the remainder is, if anything, a comparison of U.S. vs German armoured units.

Precious little spa
Nathan Trachta
Osprey’s Duel series has been a great concept but rather hit and miss with me. Despite this hit and miss with the series, I do enjoy getting some of the esoterically on the off chance they cover that’s not easily obtainable and the author provides good analysis of the combatants capabilities.

I went into this one with some concern because of the battle Mr. Rottman chose; Kasserine Pass, not because Kasserine Pass was a setback for US forces but rather because this was a twilight battle where thes
Sean
Great overview of two historic, important tanks. Fantastic illustrations and information on the historical context of the battle. It left me wanting to know more about both vehicles, especially how useful 2 fixed .30 cal machineguns are on a tank!
Steven Peterson
Kasserine Pass was a battle between Americans and Germans in the early stages of the American involvement in North Africa. This book details one aspect of the battle--the duel between American and German tanks. As with others in the series, we get a sense of the design and development of the respective tanks, the technical speicifications, the combatants themselves. Finally, the battle and what happened. Another nice slender volume in the series.
Sammy
Sammy marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Basem.android
Basem.android marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
John somers
John somers marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Andre Veski
Andre Veski marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2013
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
May 20, 2012
Martin
Martin added it
Jan 16, 2012
Daniel
Daniel added it
Oct 11, 2011

Duel (1 - 10 of 61 books)
  • P-51 Mustang vs Fw 190: Europe 1943-45
  • Sopwith Camel vs Fokker Dr I: Western Front 1917-18
  • P-40 Warhawk vs Ki-43 Oscar: China 1944-45
  • Victory vs Redoutable: Ships of the line at Trafalgar 1805
  • P-47 Thunderbolt vs Bf 109G/K: Europe 1943-45
FUBAR F---ed Up Beyond All Recognition: Soldier Slang of World War II (General Military) The AK-47 The Hardest Ride World War II Infantry Anti-Tank Tactics Vietnam Infantry Tactics