M3 Medium Tank vs Panzer III: Kasserine Pass, 1943

M3 Medium Tank vs Panzer III: Kasserine Pass, 1943 (Duel #10)

2.67 of 5 stars 2.67  ·  rating details  ·  3 ratings  ·  2 reviews
"...the first-person perspectives offered by Kirby and Köhler put this book on my recommended books list. These personal experiences definitely stirred some interest for me to research more on the design, evolution, and field performance of each of the two tanks.- C. Peter Chen, World War II Database (July 2008)

Smarting from their defeat at El Alamein and with directives t...more
Published May 20th 2008 by Osprey Publishing

To ask other readers questions about M3 Medium Tank vs Panzer III, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about M3 Medium Tank vs Panzer III

Nathan Trachta
Osprey’s Duel series has been a great concept but rather hit and miss with me. Despite this hit and miss with the series, I do enjoy getting some of the esoterically on the off chance they cover that’s not easily obtainable and the author provides good analysis of the combatants capabilities.

I went into this one with some concern because of the battle Mr. Rottman chose; Kasserine Pass, not because Kasserine Pass was a setback for US forces but rather because this was a twilight battle where thes...more
Steven Peterson
Kasserine Pass was a battle between Americans and Germans in the early stages of the American involvement in North Africa. This book details one aspect of the battle--the duel between American and German tanks. As with others in the series, we get a sense of the design and development of the respective tanks, the technical speicifications, the combatants themselves. Finally, the battle and what happened. Another nice slender volume in the series.
John somers
John somers marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Andre Veski
Andre Veski marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2013
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
May 20, 2012
Martin
Martin added it
Jan 16, 2012
Daniel
Daniel added it
Oct 11, 2011
FUBAR F---ed Up Beyond All Recognition: Soldier Slang of World War II (General Military) The AK-47 World War II Infantry Anti-Tank Tactics The Berlin Wall: and the Inner-German Border 1961-89 Vietnam Infantry Tactics