A Sea Of Shields (The Sorcerer's Ring, #10)

A Sea Of Shields (The Sorcerer's Ring #10)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  292 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Gwendolyn gives birth to her and Thorgrin’s child, amidst powerful omens. With a son born to them, Gwendolyn and Thorgrin’s lives are changed forever, as is the destiny of the Ring.

Thor has no choice to but to embark to find his mother, to leave his wife and child and venture away from his homeland on a perilous quest that will have the very future of the Ring at stake. Be...more
Kindle Edition
Published December 2013 (first published October 1st 2013)

Scott
Well, I can honestly tell you I am finished with this series. It just never ends. Yes there were some characters dying off. But nothing ever ends in the story.

Thor is off again to find his mother, the Ring is in jeopardy and Romulous is still out here but now he is the master of the dragons.

Yes the writing has improved. but everyone is so in love and they are so heartbroken. I mean how many times can we hear that the characters really love each other. Or how they believe in honor.

I guess the a...more
La Espada en la Tinta
Hoy en día la fantasía épica es un territorio inhóspito, no apto para todos los paladares; quizás inapropiado a veces, según a qué público se tenga en mente. La sangre y el odio, las tramas complicadas, el cinismo de los antihéroes; pueden satisfacernos, pero en cierto modo lo podemos disfrutar gracias al contraste que supone la experiencia previa, la de alguna fantasía clásica, la de los cuentos infantiles, que nos construimos durante la infancia y la adolescencia. De algún modo, creo que cuand...more
Tania Rock
Morgan continues to impress in this 10th installment. As with each of her books in this series, we get to know each of the characters, with a change of focus book to book. Full of action, emotion and fantasy, this book will not disappoint. As with all of her series, I can't wait to read the next installment. Yes there were a few typo's throughout the book, but I truly feel the quality of the writing overshadows this and enables her to get her next book out as fast as possible.
Jean Book Worm
A 4.5 for this one. There were a lot of grammar errors that were way too obvious. And, this book was also very short compared to the rest of the books in the series. But, I still enjoyed it very much. The plot didn't really move and change but there is a great character change in Reece. I feel so bad for Selese!! A very sad moment :(( Anyways, still a great book and I'm looking forward to the next one.

I have a feeling there will be like 1000000X more books since the plot never seems to conclude...more
Jodie
This was a very good book a good attention grabber. I have to say Morgan is very repetitive in her books. Every battle always ends up the same way: the character is in a life-death situation and that one blow that will kill them is upon them and then all of the sudden some miracle happens. Don't get me wrong she is an amazing author but she needs to polish up and fix up some of her areas.
Kimberlibri
This is the tenth of eleven books so far. At this point I'm just ready for this series to come to an end. I was ready for the end around Book 6 but it just keeps going and going. I should quit. I shouldn't read anymore but I figured I would stick it out and find out what happens to everyone in the end. The Problem is I don't think there is going to be an ending any time soon. If the main characters pass away there is now a new, extremely powerful son of the two mains to take this series up to 20...more
Richie
Another great addition to the story! I couldn't put it down and can't wait for the next book! If you haven't read any of these books yet I highly recommend you read A Quest of Heroes if you enjoy a good fantasy read and read all the books. I couldn't put them down and read the first eight books in under a week and then had to wait from then on. Pleas keep up the great work Morgan Rice! I love your work!
Darin
Great story line, only negative is the editing. Typos are not as forgivable as they used to be, spell check is just to prevalent, and editors should have caught them before it hit presses as well.
Beverly
I read these series of books simply because I wanted to know the ending! But will never end and I will never know . Sold for a far younger audience than I, written by a 10 year old I would say, very poor writing even for a young audience. Curious fools like I would buy! Only got 11 "chapters" because not a complete novel, it would take a min if three books to get to the point! Agony! Because I have better taste than this.....Just call me curious!
Gail
This is another exciting installment of the series and I am hoping for some good to come, but it doesn't seem like it will.
Scott Mcdaniel
Overall it was really good. I can't wait for the next book and to see what happens to Reece. Conven has to be my favorite character, he's getting hurt every way he turns and its heartbreaking. Thor, well he doesn't do much in this book. Come to think of it, not much happened at all in this until the very last ten percent. But once you've read nine of them might at as well see it to the end.
L.R.W. Lee
Another gripping installment, January 16, 2014
The Sworcers Ring is an amazing series. Sea of Shields is yet another masterful work by this imaginative author who also has the skill of crafting great conflict to keep readers gripped to see what will happen next. I can't wait for book 11!
Carma Farrar
can't wait to get the next (last?) one in the series
Knivesinorbit
This book if all about the takedown of The Ring. Everyone's lives in every area of the Ring are in danger and are completely turned upside down. Many people die and it ends in such a cliffhanger, that I need to find out NOW what happens next. Come on Book #11 hurry up!
Michelle Rukcic
Yes I am anxious for the next book
Rodney
Predictable. Rice continues to rip off other stories...add Robin Hood to the list. Characters continue to make stupid decisions that have no logical foundation. There are way too many subplots for such short books. Why do I keep torturing myself with these wastes of words?
hiya
GAH! I thought book ten was supposed to be the last one. Now I have to wait for eleven?!? GAHH!!
Matt Colvin
After reading 9 books I expected more I guess. Just couldn't keep myself in this one. Got about a third of the way through and never picked it back up. On to other things I guess.
Kayla
great book but I'm still a bit upset about the death of a certain character
Deborah Hawley
Great PLEASE Book 11!
Colin White
Oh boy thank god that is over... Worst book of the series
Kenny
wow i cannot wait for this whop whop,
Selse and Reece
Carolyn Hamilton
Carolyn Hamilton marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Abbie
Abbie marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Alexia Wells
Alexia Wells marked it as to-read
An Van espen
An Van espen marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
  • Goetia (Hellgate: London, #2)
  • The Darkest Hour (The Swordmage Trilogy, #2)
  • The Stone Man
  • Mark of the Mage (Scribes of Medeisia, #1)
  • Fledgling (The Dragonrider Chronicles)
  • The Death of Promises (The Half-Orcs, #3)
  • The Great Bazaar And Other Stories
  • Jack and the Beanstalk (Faerie Tale Collection #6)
  • Out of Darkness (The Starborn Saga, #1)
  • Sovereign Stone  (Sovereign of the Seven Isles, #2)
  • The Line of Illeniel (Mageborn, #2)
  • Firebrand (Elemental, #2)
  • Once In A Lifetime (Book Bundle)
Morgan is author of the #1 Bestselling THE SORCERER'S RING, a new epic fantasy series, currently comprising four books and counting, which has been translated into five languages.

Morgan Rice is also author of the #1 Bestselling THE VAMPIRE JOURNALS, a young adult series comprising eight books, which has been translated into six languages.

Morgan is also author of the #1 Bestselling THE VAMPIRE LEGA...more
More about Morgan Rice...
Turned (The Vampire Journals, #1) A Quest of Heroes (The Sorcerer's Ring, #1) Loved (The Vampire Journals, #2) Betrayed (The Vampire Journals, #3) Destined (The Vampire Journals, #4)