Start by marking “Rembrandt, Life of Christ” as Want to Read:
Rembrandt, Life of Christ

Rembrandt, Life of Christ

Throughout his life, Rembrandt created many illustrations of biblical themes. In this book, Rembrandt's inspiring paintings are placed with the corresponding stories of Jesus' life. The beautiful full-color paintings and pen-and-ink drawings bring the events recorded in the Scripture to life in Rembrandt's elegant style.
Published August 1st 1995 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Rembrandt, Life of Christ, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rembrandt, Life of Christ

Ted Mallory
This book was given to me as a going away present by a former student when we left Lutheran High in Los Angeles to move to Iowa. He inscribed it with a very kind note about what I'd taught him about History, Art and faith. This book includes stories from of the life of Jesus from the Bible, illustrated with paintings, ingravings and sketches of Dutch Master Rembrant van Rijn. As much as I admire Rembrant as an artist and art teacher, and as important as my faith is to me, I have to admit, it's ...more
Patrick
Nov 17, 2008 Patrick rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemplation
If other artists focus on Jesus' divinity, these images - primarily drawings - illuminate Jesus' humanity. Offering familiar scenes from the gospels, Rembrandt imbues his figures and scenes with a pathos, compassion, and intimacy extraordinary in so few marks upon the paper. A deeply moving portrayal of the man from Nazareth for an admirer of Jesus, or an admirer of fine art, or both.
Christa Barclay
Mar 13, 2013 Christa Barclay rated it it was amazing
A beautiful coffee table book that guests in your home will enjoy thumbing through. It's a mini-tour through Rembrandt's work and the gospel-- a double win for me! It's one of my favorite books; one I'll be thumbing through 50 years from now. His art makes the Scripture verses next to every piece come alive. Worth finding on Amazon!
Kadie Sanders
Sep 16, 2007 Kadie Sanders rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: artists
awesome awesome awesome......This takes Rembrandt's works and matches it up with relative scripture. love it love it love it!
Adam
Adam rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2007
Steve Morrison
Steve Morrison rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2009
Elda Kocks-de
Elda Kocks-de rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2012
whichwaydidshego?
whichwaydidshego? rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2007
Red Witch
Red Witch rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2008
Jim
Jim rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2012
Frank
Frank marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2011
Chidi OKORO
Chidi OKORO marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2013
Kari
Kari added it
Dec 21, 2013
Tika
Tika marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
José
José marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Gianni
Gianni marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Alia
Alia marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn was a Dutch painter and etcher. He is generally considered one of the greatest painters and printmakers in European art history and the most important in Dutch history. His contributions to art came in a period that historians call the Dutch Golden Age.

Having achieved youthful success as a portrait painter, his later years were marked by personal tragedy and financia
More about Rembrandt...