Start by marking “Reborn” as Want to Read:
Reborn

Read Excerpt

Reborn

Back in high school, Siobhan Elliot’s life was simple: Cheerleading, friends, and parties. But that all changed the night she and her friends investigated a mysterious light in the woods. There they found an injured man–an irresistible man with hypnotic blue eyes and magnificent black wings. A man Siobhan recognized. He was the handsome dark angel from her dreams. And with ...more
ebook, First Edition, 223 pages
Published November 5th 2013 by Smashwords Edition (first published November 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Reborn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reborn

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. ArmentroutPure by Jennifer L. ArmentroutDeity by Jennifer L. ArmentroutApollyon by Jennifer L. ArmentroutSentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout
best greek gods and goddess books
20th out of 48 books — 9 voters
The Goddess Test by Aimee CarterStarcrossed by Josephine AngeliniGoddess Interrupted by Aimee CarterDreamless by Josephine AngeliniThe Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
Oh My Gods & Goddesses
247th out of 264 books — 519 voters

More lists with this book...

S.L. Stacy
Nov 01, 2013 S.L. Stacy rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is the most amazing book ever, but I *might* be biased... ;)
Max Power
Feb 09, 2015 Max Power rated it it was amazing
While not afraid to try different genres, I am quite often put off by a description of a book. In this case I came to Reborn with a touch of apprehension but I need not have worried. Here is a book with originality and style that is not just well written, but I sense well researched as well. I am far from an expert in Greek mythology but it's incorporation to the plot felt quite natural.

The main character has a uniquely Irish name which I suspect many will pronounce phonetically and therefore in
Lauren
May 29, 2014 Lauren rated it really liked it
This is such a fun read for anyone interested in Greek Mythology. S.L. Stacy has created a completely new Greek Mythology world and made it absolutely fascinating. I also was very excited to discover that even though it is placed in the Paranormal Romance genre it is more paranormal fantasy with just a tad romance thrown in. There are only a few intimate scenes that were nicely written, and not too in your face. This is important because the story is not centered around the romance, or any love ...more
Dec 08, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
Reborn is one of the most exciting books I have read in several years. I love this new version of a paranormal romance which blends Greek mythology and science to give it some readability and education to mix with it. This book is a breath of fresh air and I can not to wait to read more volumes of the "Reborn" saga it is well worth the read. I highly recommend this book to all paranormal romance readers out there you won't be sorry.
Eric Lahti
Apr 22, 2015 Eric Lahti rated it it was amazing
One of the marks of a good novel, in my opinion anyway, is when I find myself immersed enough in the story that I start wondering what I would do in the same situation.

S.L. Stacy's Reborn worked that way for me, albeit it was tricky for me to imagine myself in the story since it's told from the point of view of a young woman in a college Sorority. I went to college so - check - got that one. I've been many things but I've never been in a Sorority and I've never been a woman. If that's the only b
Angela Lockwood
Apr 21, 2015 Angela Lockwood rated it really liked it
This was a sexy, fast paced YA story, and I enjoyed it very much. (YA but contains some sexual content.) I read this book in a few sittings, which is always a good sign.
Who knew that there is more of a link between the ancient Greek city of the gods Olympus, and an American sorority, apart from the use of the Greek alphabet? At some points I was a bit puzzled by the plot, but decided to not question it too much and go with the flow.
The main character Siobhan Elliot is a perky American College
Kayla Howarth
Mar 05, 2015 Kayla Howarth rated it it was amazing
From the very beginning to the very end, this entertaining take on Greek gods and their descendants kept me wanting more and more and more. And more.
It was well written, fast paced, plot driven, and highly addictive.
I loved almost everything about this book. The characters were real, (I'm kind of sick of reading about college aged virgins- totally unrealistic). Yes the MC suffered from indecisiveness between a few guys, sometimes overlapping in one night (making out with one, sleeping with anoth
H.N. Sieverding
Nov 10, 2013 H.N. Sieverding rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, especially the character of Jasper, he was my favorite. I’m a sucker for the bad guys and Jasper is definitely a lovable, sexy bad guy. I also loved how the author tied mythology to the story line and twisted it in a way to make it unique to her own story. I’m hoping there is a sequel! I can’t wait to find out what happens next for Siobhan and her friends (mostly Jasper).
Sara Santana
Nov 07, 2013 Sara Santana rated it really liked it
++Review Originally Posted on What A Nerd Girl Says++

This is such an incredible debut novel, and I have so much hope for Shaina and her first novel. She left me in a cliffhanger in this novel, so I’m hoping that she will gain the recognition she deserves and we’ll see this second novel in 2014.

Weaving Greek mythology into contemporary lives is nothing new to the young adult genre. In fact, this is something that I’ve been exposing myself more and more to lately, and each series I read impresses
Gail
Sep 30, 2016 Gail rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

A twist on good boy gone bad. Manipulation, gods and goddesses are the name of the game and one girl who's memory has been altered.
Paul Ruddock
Jan 22, 2014 Paul Ruddock rated it it was amazing
This debut book from S.L. Stacy combines elements of fantasy, romance, mythology, and science fiction and yet still retains a very contemporary feel. Whereas in many books that explore similar themes where the reader has to completely suspend disbelief, here the author achieves a believable and flowing story that moves along at a thrilling pace; from the very first chapter there are mysteries to be solved with the promise of many more to follow.
Written in the first person, the narrator, Siobhan
Pam
May 15, 2014 Pam rated it really liked it
I love it when a book is surprisingly awesome. The main character, Siobhan, is pretty kick ass. As you read in the synopsis, a visitor to earth left her with a pair of wings. Wings! And despite the obvious challenges that must have presented, she moves forward with life and just takes it in stride. Siobhan is part of a sorority in her college, and that was pretty cool to see, especially since I was never in one (I don’t think I even know anyone who was.) So it was a neat insight into sorority ...more
Loren Weaver
Aug 03, 2016 Loren Weaver rated it it was amazing
Reborn is the first by author SL Stacy, and awesomely not the last! The book centers around Siobhan Elliot, a junior in college with a secret. She has wings.

Yes, you heard that right. But the real story is how she got them, and why. And that has to do with Jasper Hart, the mysterious man from her dreams who just happens to be her TA and is telling her all kinds of secrets about Siobhan herself.

This book does an awesome job of swirling in Greek mythology (which is a closet interest of mine) and
Kyra Dunst
Apr 30, 2014 Kyra Dunst rated it really liked it
The Olympian gods are back on Earth, but it's not easy to tell who is good or who is evil. In High School, Siobhan runs into a man in the woods whose touch gives her a difficult ability. He disappears before she can find out what is happening, and she doesn't see him again until six years later in college. What she discovers is that she is the reincarnation of Psyche, Eros' wife, and the man she met so long ago is her past-life-husband. Her life was already a little complicated, and now it gets ...more
Tom Benson
Oct 31, 2014 Tom Benson rated it it was amazing
This is a tale of relationships, which includes every emotion known to man and the Gods. Love, hatred, deceit, friendship, regret, hope, despair and recrimination are all portrayed here, plus much more besides.
I may not be a fan of the paranormal genre, but you don’t have to be a fan to recognise a good story. We find in this tale, a beginning, a middle and an end – and it’s an end which leaves the reader seeking more.
Imagery, characterisation and dialogue are all created well, and given the cir
Book Junky Girls
Nov 02, 2013 Book Junky Girls rated it really liked it
Siobhan's life changed 6 years ago when she met the "Dark Angel" from her dreams in the woods and he gave her wings, before he dies. Now in college, jugling school work and her sorority duties she sees TA Jasper, but he's also her mysterious, Dark Angel. This is her story of trying to figure this out and tell fact from myth.

Interesting read with a modern twist on the Greek Gods. I enjoyed the history lesson's thrown in with the story as you try to figure out who's who and what their motives are.
Trista Day
Nov 15, 2013 Trista Day rated it it was amazing
I was given this book through Paranormal Romance Junkies on Facebook in exchange for my honest review.

In the words of George Takei, "Oh My!". This book was absolutely phenomenal! I loved the use of greek mythology as the premise behind the plot. It was exceptionally written (I only found like two errors) and it kept me entertained the entire time. Great characters, amazing word building and some sex scenes that are deliciously enticing! It ends on a cliffhanger which is always a bummer, but I ca
Sara
May 01, 2014 Sara rated it it was ok
48% in and it's draaaaging. Promiscuous college sweetie is "not like that" but is having thigh tingles about 3 different men and has sex with the one she least likes. Cue endless eluding to Greek tones and meeting people and so far nothing else besides being strangled unconscious by a sorority sister.
I like the idea of the story, which drew me to the book, but you have to drop some info of the greater plot before the endless possibility of something happening becomes irritating.
I read the end
Kristin
Oct 11, 2014 Kristin rated it really liked it
I liked it. The end definately sold me on looking for the next book. I was not sure I liked where the story was going, but despite cheerleaders and sorority sisters I still managed to devour his book and hope for many more.
James
Jul 13, 2015 James rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

Love all books that involve Greek Mythology characters, and this book was no exception, loved the characters and the concept. The plot twists were pretty exciting, and I can't wait to read the next book, would defiantly recommend to others.
Brandy Corona
Mar 08, 2014 Brandy Corona rated it it was amazing
This was an interesting spin on Greek Mythology and it kept me interested from the get go. The writing was awesome and flowed nicely. This story was amazing and I cannot wait to read more from this author! Grab this, you won't regret it!
J.C. Hannigan
Jan 26, 2014 J.C. Hannigan rated it it was amazing
This book was AMAZING! I read it in one morning!!! Loved the characters, the plot, everything. totally recommend!
Belle
Nov 14, 2013 Belle rated it liked it
This book had some unexpected twists in it.. and the love story really confused me what with her moving from one guy to another.. was a bit weird.
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2014
Megen
Megen rated it it was ok
Feb 29, 2016
Jewel
Jewel rated it it was ok
Nov 14, 2013
Faefallon
Faefallon rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2015
Anneliese
Anneliese rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2013
Frances
Frances rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Attainment (Attainment, #1)
  • Love, Greater Than Infinity (Teddy + Gracie, #1)
  • Soul Survivor (Soul Stripper, #2)
  • The Eve Genome
  • The Princess Sisters (Princess Sisters, #1)
  • Everything You Want
  • Wild Heart (Blazing Frontier, #2)
  • A Beautiful Fate
  • Maybe Fate
  • To Love a Player
  • The Mermaid and Her King
  • Kiss the Tiger (Parkside Avenue Book #1)
  • More Than Blood (Arcane Crossbreeds #1)
  • Thirteen for Dinner
  • The Nightlife: Paris (The Nightlife, #3)
  • Fate (Sacrifice, #1)
  • Fallen (Chronicles of the Fallen, #1)
  • Beautiful Pain
S.L. Stacy holds a BS in chemistry and an MPH and PhD in environmental and occupational health, none of which has anything to do with writing novels. She loves storytelling and dark, tragic antiheroes. If you enjoy YA/new adult books with some urban fantasy, paranormal romance, and science fiction in the mix, check out her debut novel, Reborn, and its sequel, Relapse. Visit her and find out about ...more
More about S.L. Stacy...

“Sisters we gather,
In answer to the call,
To fulfill our destiny
As guardians this side of the wall.

“Where the fabric wears thin,
And our enemy’s at hand,
We must thrust him back
Into his own land.

“We honor our legacy
And before the night is done,
Sisters past, present and future
Will unite as one.”