Start by marking “Dead of Winter (The Arcana Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dead of Winter (The Arcana Chronicles, #3)

Dead of Winter (The Arcana Chronicles #3)

4.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  8,476 Ratings  ·  1,350 Reviews
Can Evie convince her rival loves to work together? Their survival depends on it in this third book of #1 New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole’s Arcana Chronicles, a nonstop action tale of rescue, redemption, and a revenge most wicked.

Heartbreaking decisions
Evie was almost seduced by the life of comfort that Death offered her—until Jack was threatened by two of
Published January 6th 2015 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Dead of Winter, please sign up.

Jennifer I'm completely team Death on this, it's just so perfect. But i don't think they'll end up together he'll probably go down as a hero, to protect Evie…moreI'm completely team Death on this, it's just so perfect. But i don't think they'll end up together he'll probably go down as a hero, to protect Evie or save Jack because he know Evie loves him blah blah, i guess in the end i don't mind Jack but Evie better miss Death if his dies (less)
Jacque
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Winter by Marissa MeyerQueen of Shadows by Sarah J. MaasA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasThe Heir by Kiera CassEnd of Days by Susan Ee
The "Can't Wait" Books of 2015
50th out of 2,438 books — 12,299 voters
Winter by Marissa MeyerQueen of Shadows by Sarah J. MaasA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasRed Queen by Victoria AveyardThe Heir by Kiera Cass
YA Novels of 2015
59th out of 1,442 books — 8,006 voters

More lists with this book...

Serena (The Book Comedian)
Feb 26, 2014 Serena (The Book Comedian) marked it as to-read
Shelves: reviews
Is it horrible that I want Evie to choose Death?

and if it doesn't work out then she can die via pleasure right??

YOLO

------------------------------------------------------------------

*follow for more reviews :)
Heather Dorff
Jan 12, 2015 Heather Dorff rated it really liked it
RantEVIEW:

Ok. Alrighty. Well. There was the 3rd book! And not much fing happened! Right? I mean really. A whole year waited to be basically at the same place we ended last time. We learned a *bit* more about Aric... and saw all of Jack's potential finally shine through (He's an *cough* Arcana, *cough* otherwise he'd be so dead by now with his stunts) which is nice.. little about Evie or her powers and even less about the other Arcana and the games beyond how they came about initially which could
Catherine
Wanna know what my Arcana call is Evie?

'MONOGAMY IS SOOOOO OVERRATED!!!'

I mean, who gives a flying fuck about 'Teams'??? Just have both...it's no less than what you deserve. Remember, you're a freaking EMPRESS for Christ's sake!

But, make sure you get them to wrestle in loincloths and oil first.

Just so they can at least attempt to prove their love.

As a side note, I suspect Kresley Cole must have, like, the best sex life ever. That woman sure knows what she's writing about.
Kassidy
These books are just so great!!
I really love all of the characters, and Evie is a great main character. The plot in this book is so crazy, especially the ending! It left me speechless and I don't know how I'm going to wait for the next book. I was literally on edge for the whole book. There is some freaky and messed up stuff in this story, but it was such an entertaining read.
My heart was really torn in 2 throughout the whole thing, but I had a feeling who Evie would pick. However, the very end
Shannon (Once Upon a Twilight)
REVIEW:

Dead of Winter: book 3 in the epic Arcana Chronicles.

In Poison Princess and Endless Knight we’ve been exposed to a lot of things. Jackson (swoons), the apocalypse, drastic changes of life after the end, Evie’s Arcana powers and Death. But that was only the beginning.

Dead of Winter doesn’t waste a single minute before it’s diving into the deep end. Then again, why would it wait? Jackson was captured and was in the hands of potentially the two most sadistic people left in the world. If Evie
Nov 05, 2013 Sarah marked it as to-read
Evie had better choose Death. Or I will slaughter her. And Jackson. I can really only think of a couple good reasons for her to choose Jack, but I can't stop thinking of excellent reasons for her to choose Aric, aka her husband!!! I eagerly await the release of this book, so I can finally put my anxiety to rest. >.<
Anne
Shit. It's not over?!

description

Ugh. Don't you just hate that? Here I was, hoping that there would be some sort of conclusion, and it turns out there's not one but two MORE books...at least!
And after the second book, I was pretty over the romance, so all I was hanging in for was to find out how all this stuff with the Arcana turns out. I mean, Cole has really come up with an interesting world here!
And I wanna know what happens so badly!

description

So if it's so awesome, why the low rating?
Several reasons.
First, nothin
Stormy
Jan 07, 2015 Stormy rated it it was amazing
I wish this series didn't make me so crazy. There's the never ending cloud of mystery that just chokes you and befuddles your brain, the deliriously sexy sweet charms of both guys that makes you swoon beyond all reason, and the always present possibility of death that stops your heart until the current threat passes. But there's always an undercurrent, always the danger watching and preying. And it drives you mad.
I'm surprised I haven't cracked and started spouting Matthew's lines of crazed cra
Roline
May 15, 2014 Roline marked it as to-read
crying
It really isn't fair when Kresley Cole created two representations of guys that I like. Now I can't choose who I ship with Evie. Is it just me?
I guess I'm just gonna go with Kresley's decision... I think.
But seriously.... 2014? And it's bare! No cover or title yet. I don't think I can handle the feels.

I cry because I can't even....
Death... or Jack?
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH! STHAP. 2014 PLS.

2014
Okay, it has been updated. Well, at least the title was.

MAY 2014
OKAY! I just saw the c
Rach
Mar 19, 2015 Rach rated it really liked it
Even if Death has his moments, I will always be team Jack!! You can't erase the last two books that have shown Evie and Jack's love.

The book was so good, but the ending leaves me wanting to cry because I have to wait another year for the next book to come out :((. Kresley, don't do this to me!!
Ferdy
Spoilers

Ugh, this was meant to be a bloody trilogy but apparently there's more of the fuckers. On top of that this ended on a cheap fucker of a cliffhanger, I'm so sick of all the rubbish cliffhangers and series that never end in YA.

-Most of the book consisted of Evie umming and ahhing about who she should be with - rapey murderous Death or rapey hypocritical Jack? Oh, whoever will she choose?! The entire world was fucked up, filled with sickos and psychos, and everyone's lives were in danger,
Natalia
Like a moth drawn to flame, of course I'm going to read this book. Dreading it too. I don't know how the author is going to resolve this vicious love triangle.
I still want Evie and Jackson together.
Emilly The Book Scamp
Nov 21, 2015 Emilly The Book Scamp rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who doesn't mind a love triangle
Recommended to Emilly by: my spirit animal

Okay.

So.

Apparently, I no longer possess a soul. How?, you may ask. Well.

I sold my soul to the devil so that Aric got with Evie. That's right. I am willing to go those lengths so that Aric ends up with his soulmate.

Latvian god? Sure, with a side of steamy sex on the side, yes please. Oh, would I like to supersize it? Of fucking course.

Goodbye world. Goodbye mother, father, sibling. I no longer exist on this plane any longer.

I have sold my soul to Death.

*drops mic*

Sorry, but am I the only perso
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 's

At the end of Endless Knight, Evie was being "kept" by Aric, aka Death. She thought Jack didn't want her and she was acclimating to her new life. But then she heard that Jack was taken and she had to figure out a way to escape from Aric...and rescue Jack!

I don't know what it is about this series but I just can't get enough! And it kills me that I have to wait a year for the next book(s).

I think it's...Jackson. There's just something about that sexy Cajun. And I love him and Evie togethe
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

This audiobook was #4 on my most anticipated reads of 2015 list, so it’s with a heavy heart that I give it 3-stars. The dystopian universe created by Kresley Cole in THE ARCANA CHRONICLES that I’ve come to adore was dwarfed by this series’ love triangle, and the plot whittled down to Evie’s boy toy choice. Now, perhaps I’m slightly bitter because she didn’t go with the team that I was rooting for, but in the end that really didn’t seem to matter because the author threw
Lucille
May 04, 2014 Lucille marked it as to-read
Awww, is that the cover? Really? Frankly, I'm very disappointed right now. I want more Death in the cover. Or maybe Evie and Death and no Jack.

I NEED THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO DEATH AND EVIE and to be honest I don't give two shits about Jack.

I JUST WANT MORE ARIC. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?
Wilka
May 25, 2015 Wilka rated it it was amazing
Honestly, I want Evie with Jack but I think that she loves Death a little but more than what she loves Jack. I can't wait for the fourth book now. I hope that there is only the fourth book to it and that's it, I already want to know how the series ends.
Daphne
IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK, PLEASE STEER CLEAR OF THE COMMENTS! THERE ARE MULTIPLE THEORIES THAT MIGHT SPOIL YOU TO SOME DEGREE! If you have read the book, feel free to ponder with us. :P

Update: 1/11/15:
I can't even......
I went in this book knowing there was going to be a cliffhanger...as is Kresley's style. Yet despite this, the cliffhanger wasn't even in the usual magnitude of cliffhangers. This was the mother of all cliffhangers. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. I finished the book 10 minutes
Amanda

Source: Pre-ordered copy

Summary (from Goodreads):

Christina
I have to say as much as I love Jacks...I'm team Aric/Death

There is no denying the earth sun and moon moving hugeness that is the love between Evie and Aric. Love like that can't be ignored, so I truly hope he gets his head on straight before he proceeds from where he left off at the end of book two. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...that is all I'm saying. especially one with pioson thorns as nails.

I cannot wait to see where Kresley goes with this! the way is going to kill me though I
Jenna
Mar 05, 2014 Jenna marked it as to-read
Can't wait. Team Jack all the way!
Katrina
Team Death. I love Jack and all but she needs to pick death.
Cookie
Jan 06, 2015 Cookie rated it really liked it
I'm finished with this book, and I am enraged.
Evie, honey, you had the opportunity to pick the love of your life from two men you deem worthy, yet I have to say I am sorry for your final decision. Don't know if I'll pick up the next book in the series.

(view spoiler)
Vilma's Book Blog
Dec 21, 2014 Vilma's Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Absolutely awesome!!! I loved it! Review to come.
Lynisha Smoot
Mar 13, 2014 Lynisha Smoot marked it as to-read
I'm sure a lot of you guys like Jackson but I just cannot get on board with his shit! (view spoiler) I'm team Aric all day
Kaley Rice
Jan 07, 2015 Kaley Rice rated it did not like it
OMFG. I'm not sure I've ever been SO ticked off by the time I've finished a book. I've waited for this, for what, a year? The release was delayed from fall 2014 to winter 2015 as it is. I was under the impression this was supposed to be the final installment of a trilogy. Well, It Is Most Definitely NOT.

The book ended on a freakin' CLIFFHANGER. Seriously? Another one? And it wasn't like what happened before the cliffhanger was all that great. It felt like filler as Evie kept trying to decide bet
❋ Sylvia ❋
O...oc....October!!!! noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a fan of both death and jack.....*sigh* stupid love triangle, just run away with the moon so I won't have to go there another broken hearted book breakup

I'm so tired of great characters dying over love triangles because really, there's no room for them in someone else's happily ever after....(Ren I miss youuuuuuu) I can see how this story might end though, and it makes me want to cry. Something like Death will finally bite
Mary
Apr 10, 2015 Mary rated it it was amazing
I can not wait for this book! I want it right now!!!!! #teamAric
Carolina Carriço
Feb 19, 2015 Carolina Carriço rated it it was amazing
Can you believe that I still can't pick a guy?! I love both Jack and Aric. Both have hard heads, and a lot of flaws, but they still manage to be prefect in their own way. Everytime, I think, I made my mind, I love you more, or that one crews up or the other makes something that makes me doubt my choices again. How I agree with Evie on her indecisions.

In this book we had the love triangle more present, it's not that I completely dislike this one, but still love triangles aren't really my thing.
Give me JACK or give me DEATH! 50 227 Mar 12, 2016 11:23AM
The WTF ending *SPOILERS* 18 93 Jan 05, 2016 08:53AM
Excited? 279 207 Jun 26, 2015 05:03AM
Evie's Grandmother? 4 38 Apr 20, 2015 08:57AM
What if all the major Arcana are dead? 3 41 Jan 26, 2015 06:41AM
Dream Cast for PP! 1 60 Aug 12, 2014 09:35PM
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • The Queen of Zombie Hearts (White Rabbit Chronicles, #3)
  • My Soul to Take (The Holy Trinity, #2)
  • The Last Guardian Rises (The Last Keeper's Daughter, #2)
  • Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements, #3)
  • Driven (Northern Waste, #1)
  • Chained by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #2)
  • Empire of Night (Age of Legends, #2)
  • The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3)
  • A Stranger Thing (Ever-Expanding Universe, #2)
  • The Master of Misrule (The Game of Triumphs, #2)
  • Sealed in Sin (The Vessel Trilogy, #2)
  • Illusion (Chronicles of Nick, #5)
  • Dearly, Beloved (Gone With the Respiration, #2)
  • The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)
  • Horrorscape (Horrorscape, #2)
  • All the Stars in the Sky (Until the End of the World, #3)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 11 (The Wallflower, #11)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo
More about Kresley Cole...

The Arcana Chronicles (4 books)
  • Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1)
  • Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles, #2)
  • Untitled (The Arcana Chronicles, #4)

“Mortal, if there’s one thing I’ve learned in all my years, it’s this: lies are curses you place on yourself.” 35 likes
“I take no actions that I wouldn’t publicly recount. If you can’t speak your deeds, then don’t do them.” 32 likes