Start by marking “Seeing Past Sickness” as Want to Read:
Seeing Past Sickness

Seeing Past Sickness

Seeing Past Sickness is the inaugural publication of Scripting Change, a community writing project that aims to make a positive social difference. All of the work required to bring together this anthology was volunteered, and 100% of Scripting Change's proceeds* will be donated to our inaugural recipient: the MSTR Scholarship Foundation, which provides financial support ...more
Published November 4th 2013 by Scripting Change

To ask other readers questions about Seeing Past Sickness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seeing Past Sickness

Aria
Nov 04, 2013 Aria rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Scripting Change is a unique project with a wonderful cause, but beyond that, they have brought together compelling pieces, which, I think, effectively reflect the various facets of living with chronic conditions.

I was quite impressed by the overall collection of evocative, and at times heartbreaking, works, and (for the sake of transparency) I'm thrilled to have a couple pieces included myself.
Nada Sobhi
Dec 30, 2014 Nada Sobhi rated it really liked it

Seeing Past Sickness is a collection of 17 pieces varying between poetry and short stories on getting over or past illness and sickness. It is worth noting that all proceeds to this collection go to a foundation that provides scholarships for students affected by chronic illness.

Commenting on 17 pieces will make this a lengthy commentary so I'll comment on what I believe are the 'bestest' pieces in this collection.

The opening piece to Seeing Past Sickness is a poem titled 'Bridge' by Seker Salis
Margit Sage
Apr 11, 2014 Margit Sage rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: poetry, short-stories
Note: I have a short vignette included in this collection of short stories and poetry.

I enjoyed quite a few of the included pieces. Each paints a different picture of hope through illness. Some are funny, some are sad, some are both, and some are neither.
Boyko Ovcharov
Boyko Ovcharov rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2016
Jennifer Corter
May 12, 2014 Jennifer Corter rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Laura Thomas
Laura Thomas marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2013
Sherry Fundin
Sherry Fundin marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2013
Lilian
Lilian marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Emily Guido
Emily Guido marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Beppe DM
Beppe DM marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
E.J. Caulder
E.J. Caulder marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
ALI Elsayed
ALI Elsayed marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Gina K
Gina K marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Yuriy
Yuriy added it
Jan 25, 2015
Jillian
Jillian marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Lfgibble
Lfgibble marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Brenda Knight
Brenda Knight marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016