Start by marking “The Curse Breaker of Cairo” as Want to Read:
The Curse Breaker of Cairo

The Curse Breaker of Cairo

Librarian's note: This is an alternate cover edition for ASIN: B0063K5MLI.

There’s a curse at Club Cairene and it’s killing people. Tangerine, the renowned Freelance Curse Breaker, is in Cairo to sort it out. What at first appears to be just another routine job quickly becomes more complicated and more dangerous than even she had ever expected. Unfamiliar earth energies and
Published November 3rd 2011 (first published October 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Curse Breaker of Cairo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Curse Breaker of Cairo

Chelsea
Dec 04, 2012 Chelsea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews-done
I was lucky enough to get this book for review and I'll admit, I'm a cover whore lol and this cover hmm kind of turned me off to the book, enough that it took me awhile to actually pick it up to read it...but let me tell you that old age saying, "Never judge a book by its cover." I've had other covers that were gorgeous and I picked them up and couldn't finish them because the writing was awful.... You have an awful cover here that is hiding a gorgeous story inside. Fans of Paranormal ...more
Annette
Mar 23, 2014 Annette rated it really liked it
I was intrigued by the title, who has not heard of the ancient curses of Egypt and wonder how they came about and if they could be broken. Tangerine has always had the power to see the energy lines of curses and to manipulate them and dispel the curse. She is invited to Cairo to help Leila who owns Club Cairene. This club has been the sight of strange deaths over the years.

While trying to trace the energy lines of the curse she encounters a strange man. Habib is connected to the power running un
Bill Hiatt
Feb 27, 2013 Bill Hiatt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kate McVaugh comes up with a very imaginative premise here. I have never seen Egyptian mythology handled quite the way she does it. The characters also have interesting backgrounds, particularly the curse breaker herself. Setting is also interesting, as McVaugh does a good job creating her interpretation of a modern, but clearly alternate, Cairo. There is also more than one unexpected twist. So why not five stars? This one is close, but for me the difference is the resolution of personal ...more
Francene Carroll
If you are looking for a well-written, compelling and satisfying read then you will enjoy this book. The writing is excellent and I particularly loved the way the author describes Tangerine’s psychic journeys when she is investigating the curse. I’ve never read a book where the character’s psychic abilities were described so clearly and it really helped me to relate to the character.

The vivid descriptions of Cairo also help the book to come alive for me. I could see the bustling streets of mode
Lynn Farris
Jan 16, 2012 Lynn Farris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ll admit to being a little bit skeptical about reading “The Curse Breaker of Cairo” by Kate McVaugh due to the fact that it is a Paranormal Mystery/Romance. However, I had loved Kate’s writing in her first mystery, “Murder, Jaz and Tel Aviv”, so I thought I would give it a try.

The story takes place in Cairo at Club Cairene where a curse is killing people, especially the musicians. Tangerine has been hired to break the curse. Her first step is to investigate the curse and in so doing ends up t
phaedra lewis
Aug 29, 2016 phaedra lewis rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
Generally, writing should show, not tell you things, at least with fiction. This book doesn't do that. It's awkwardly written, poorly paced, the characters are wooden and unengaging, even the sex is passionless and almost clinical. It is at least a fairly original concept, or I'd give one star.
Hasien
I greatly enjoyed this story. It was quite the page turner for me. I loved the background and the scenery of the book. I loved the interaction between the characters.
Theresa
Theresa rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2013
Sherry
Sherry rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2015
Kate McVaugh
Jul 11, 2013 Kate McVaugh rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Sarah rated it it was ok
Apr 05, 2014
Charlotte Padgett
Charlotte Padgett rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2012
Medetrina
Medetrina rated it it was ok
Jun 24, 2014
Renee
Renee rated it it was ok
Nov 10, 2012
Shomeret
Shomeret rated it it was ok
Feb 05, 2012
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Lara
Lara marked it as to-read
Karelyn
Karelyn marked it as to-read
Anna
Anna added it
Colleen Kronman
Colleen Kronman marked it as to-read
Steffi
Steffi added it
Sep 01, 2012
Esther
Esther marked it as to-read
Karen French
Karen French marked it as to-read
Ghostofher
Ghostofher marked it as to-read
Randy Smith
Randy Smith marked it as to-read
Tracey Hawkins
Tracey Hawkins marked it as to-read
Brandon Cerny
Brandon Cerny marked it as to-read
Paulette
Paulette marked it as to-read
Irene Menge
Irene Menge marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2012
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2012
Cali
Cali marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2012
Jessica Buike
Jessica Buike marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2012
Val
Val marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2012
Brenda Knight
Brenda Knight marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2012
Lacey
Lacey marked it as to-read
Kim Higdon
Kim Higdon marked it as to-read
Mysterium
Mysterium marked it as to-read
Maliha
Maliha marked it as to-read
Lissa
Lissa marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2012
Sharon Langvad
Sharon Langvad marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2012
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Marissa-dono
Marissa-dono marked it as to-read
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Goodreads Librari...: added new cover, now what 4 176 Oct 30, 2013 08:09PM
Goodreads Librari...: new book cover 9 32 Oct 30, 2013 05:13PM
Basically Books!: ARR # 37 - THE CURSE BREAKER OF CAIRO by Kate McVaugh 4 15 Jun 26, 2012 01:36PM
Paranormal Romanc...: Free today 1 30 May 15, 2012 01:54PM
Stories have been running through my head for as far back as I can remember. In the most ordinary of places and situations I would often imagine a different, more intriguing reality. It was not until much later in my life that I began to write down some of these tales. My books take place in the foreign lands where I have lived, traveled, and worked.

Most of my working life has been as an educator
More about Kate McVaugh...