Start by marking “...is less.” as Want to Read:
...is less.

...is less.

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1 Rating  ·  0 Reviews

This small book breaks the back of this no-win trap by proposing th
Published 2013 by MindFare Press

To ask other readers questions about ...is less., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ...is less.

Liz
Feb 16, 2014 Liz rated it it was ok
Shelves: religion, first-reads
Won this in a first reads giveaway. I was hoping for something different in this book, like practical advice or an interesting discussion. Instead it was a lot of vague platitudes that I did not find helpful. The author also makes a habit of talking down to his readers, telling them how they should be feeling or thinking about what he is saying. I prefer to have my own reactions, not be told what they should be.

This book is full of contradictions. The whole focus of the book is that God loves us
Heather
Jan 26, 2014 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I received this book as a Goodreads giveaway. I was initially attracted to it because of the questions posed at the beginning of the description: "What if there was an alternative to Modern Christianity’s impossible choice? What if you could choose something other than compromising your Christian values or isolating yourself within a rules-based worship environment? What if intimacy with the Lord was no longer a calculated struggle, but a joyful rest?" Since I am a Christian practicing my faith ...more
Barbara  Lynn
Mar 04, 2014 Barbara Lynn rated it really liked it
I received this book free from the Goodreads first reads program.

I remember a song from church that says “turn your eyes upon Jesus, look him full in the face” and I think that is what Chris Jesse is trying to tell us. Keep your eyes on God and don't look to the left or the right. Anytime we are looking elsewhere we are losing our focus on God, which is less.

I enjoyed Chapter 3 which discussed what I call a 'snapshot in time'. We have all done something that we are not proud of, something that e
Imber
Mar 13, 2016 Imber rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
This book contains a big message, but comes in a small package. I like how the size and title of the book correspond to the theme. I liked this book because it contains reminders that bring your mind back to truth. Truth can easily be distorted in the world we live in, but Chris Jesse brings up important topics without a judgmental tone. The reflective study questions will help ground the issues in your personal life. If you need a quick reminder to help you refocus your life on Christ, this ...more
Gabrielle
Jan 16, 2014 Gabrielle rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book free from the good reads first reads program. I really enjoyed this book it talks about our relationship with God and how to make it stronger. We are God's children and he is our beloved father. This book is a must read for any Christian it has very important lessons that any Christian can learn.
Edith Russo
Feb 27, 2014 Edith Russo rated it did not like it
I am not a religious person, I am still searching. A lot of concepts hit me the wrong way. My husband, who is very open to spiritual thinking was not offended by the concepts. I think I might be reading it wrong, but it seems to say that you don't need to worry about your health, or, this or that. It is already taken care of. what happens, happens.
Sherri Anderson
Jan 29, 2014 Sherri Anderson rated it it was ok
Though the premise is 5 star and vital to all. The book misses its mark with me from the time he states God took his wife. God doesn't take people he receives them and that is a big difference.
G. L.
Jan 22, 2014 G. L. rated it really liked it
enjoyed it got me thinking will read it again an again... do not agree with every thing but that is okay we agree on the important things that I need reminded of now an then
Jennifer johnson
Feb 03, 2014 Jennifer johnson rated it liked it
This book is a no nonsense kind of book. It tries to help with furthering your relationship with Christ, but I disagreed with a lot of the concepts in the book.
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2014
Shiloh
Shiloh rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2014
G Penrod
G Penrod rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2014
Courtney Woolems
Courtney Woolems rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2014
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Diana Senn
Diana Senn marked it as to-read
Luisa Gonzalez
Luisa Gonzalez marked it as to-read
Anastasia Riebs
Anastasia Riebs marked it as to-read
Haven Gordon
Haven Gordon marked it as to-read
Teresa Lavender
Teresa Lavender marked it as to-read
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Frank Martorana
Frank Martorana marked it as to-read
Susan Varney
Susan Varney marked it as to-read
Ashley E
Ashley E marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Rickie Hinrichs
Rickie Hinrichs marked it as to-read
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Kathy Lavoie
Kathy Lavoie marked it as to-read
Melissa Resnick
Melissa Resnick marked it as to-read
Luc durazo
Luc durazo marked it as to-read
Kim McHughes
Kim McHughes marked it as to-read
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Katheline
Katheline marked it as to-read
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
George Larrabee
George Larrabee marked it as to-read
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Miguel Ambriz
Miguel Ambriz marked it as to-read
Karen Campbell
Karen Campbell marked it as to-read
James
James marked it as to-read
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
David Basile
David Basile marked it as to-read
  • Cash Cow Casa: 51 Ways to Make Your House Pay You
  • Sex and the Single Christian Girl: Fighting for Purity in a Rom-Com World
  • Old Testament Theology: Reading the Hebrew Bible as Christian Scripture
  • The Book of Death
  • Queen of Stars (The Starfolk, #2)
  • Pilgrimage: My Journey to a Deeper Faith in the Land Where Jesus Walked
  • Disposition of Remains
  • Z 2135
  • The 28 Days Lighter Diet: Your Monthly Plan to Lose Weight, End PMS, and Achieve Physical and Emotional Wellness
  • Red Cell Seven (Red Cell Trilogy #2)
  • The Little Book of Thin: Foodtrainers Plan-It-to-Lose-It Solutions for Every Diet Dilemma
  • Beginning with the Word: Modern Literature and the Question of Belief
  • The Happy Couple: How to Make Happiness a Habit One Little Loving Thing at a Time
  • Internet Users Guide: Safe & Successful Surfing