Start by marking “Hard Heart Land” as Want to Read:
Hard Heart Land

Hard Heart Land

In this collection of stories, predestination and freedom collide, people either grow and change or don't and the past indelibly marks the present the future.
A young girl has a history of running from home, but this time she's not coming home unless her brother can find her.
A railroad man stops for a drink and spins a story that few would believe.
In the darkness under a mo
Published October 28th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Hard Heart Land, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Heart Land

Carrie
Jan 30, 2014 Carrie rated it it was amazing
Again, I'm a tiny bit bias because the author just happens to be my brother. BUT, I can't begin to tell you how excited I was to have this book in the works and to see the finished product. Jesse is great at a novel. But his short stories are where he comes into his own. He takes you to worlds and states of mind in such a way that puts you right in the middle of his stories. My favorite one, Geraldine, makes me feel the gravel crunching beneath my shoes. Dirt From My Fathers Garden brings me ...more
Mark
Nov 20, 2013 Mark rated it it was amazing
I suppose one can be forgiven for not reading Jesse VanDeWalker's previous works. Perhaps Westerns aren't your thing. That being said, there is NO excuse not to pick up Hard Heart Land. There is literally something for everyone here, and if you enjoy a little creepy, you'll definitely be right at home in this 'Land.'
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Isaac
Isaac marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
Born in the only Zumbrota in the world, in a hospital that no longer exists, I'm always looking for my next great story idea.

I'd been in the retail field for 14 years before I published my first novel, CROW WING in 2011. My second novel, SAINT LUCY, was published in October. The two novels are crime/westerns, and one's the sequel to the other.

There's a passel of my short stories out there in the w
More about Jesse VanDeWalker...