Start by marking “Intermediate Microeconomics: A Modern Approach” as Want to Read:
Intermediate Microeconomics: A Modern Approach

Intermediate Microeconomics: A Modern Approach

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  265 ratings  ·  14 reviews
This edition continues the title's contemporary emphasis and is aimed at students studying microeconomics in their first or second years. It provides fresh insights into information technology, expanded coverage of strategic behaviour and a new chapter on auctions featuring fresh research.
Published February 1st 1999 by W. W. Norton & Company (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Intermediate Microeconomics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intermediate Microeconomics

Clarisa Doval
Pretty good, even if you start from a low level.
Jake Losh
Varian's Intermediate Microeconomics is a fantastic introduction to microeconomic theory. Particularly in the early phase of my first-year graduate economics course work, I often turned to it to gain intuition. It stands the test of time as a great reference.
M
One of the few textbooks I have read almost cover-to-cover. Complete with rather horrific economic jokes (like hitfrogs targeting a scorpion's family). Unfortunately, I have to go over the entire thing again, especially the formulae.
zltg
It's an easy and comfortable subject to begin with. The author did a good job explain things in detail. Probably too much detail.
Daniel Babiak
Not for applied folks. If you're interested in joining the tribe however, **THIS IS THE BOOK YOU HAVE TO, HAVE TO READ**
Sayantani Ghosh
It is a beginner's best friend.
Bruno Teixeira
I have left this book marked as "currently reading" for a long time, mainly because I frequently came back to it, in order to re-read some parts. Now, I have read the entire book at least once, some chapters twice, a few even more than that, but I'm now planing on coming back again to this, so I'm changing the shelve to "read".
Fran
Note to self: The most difficult book ever! Main text for Basic Microeconomics course under Prof. Kiyoshi Taniguchi (Ohio State 2001), Fall Term 2003; and Microeconomics course under Prof. Yuichiro Yoshida (Boston College 2001), Winter Term 2004. International Development Program, International University of Japan
Julia
I will probably have this textbook again but I really do not think it is very clear for people who do not have background in finance.
Shingi
this is the best academic book for economists studying a degree in economists to be able to compete with international standards
Ecostudent
Great book especially for consumer theory portion.
Bill Zhou
My first introduction to intermediate microeconomics.
Jyoti
A good book to read but not for beginners...
Vadim
Отличный перевод на русский
Aaron
Aaron added it
Jan 25, 2015
James Taylor
James Taylor marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Yixin Kang
Yixin Kang marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Tijana Nikolić
Tijana Nikolić is currently reading it
Jan 21, 2015
Napong Junthong
Napong Junthong marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Jane Jira
Jane Jira marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Kispan Lengare
Kispan Lengare marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Ishrat
Ishrat marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
  • Games of Strategy
  • Economics of Strategy
  • Microeconomic Theory
  • Macroeconomics
  • Introduction to Mathematical Economics (Schaum's Outlines)
  • The Handbook of Fixed Income Securities
  • The Subprime Solution: How Today's Global Financial Crisis Happened, and What to Do about It
  • The Economics of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets (Addison-Wesley Series in Economics)
  • Microeconomics
  • Game Theory for Applied Economists
  • Economics
  • Mathematics for Economists
Microeconomic Analysis, Third Edition The Economics of Information Technology: An Introduction Computational Economics and Finance: Modeling and Analysis with Mathematica(r) Micro Analysis Intermediate Microeconomics: With Calculus