Start by marking “Intermediate Microeconomics: A Modern Approach” as Want to Read:
Intermediate Microeconomics: A Modern Approach
Preview

Intermediate Microeconomics: A Modern Approach

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  296 ratings  ·  14 reviews
This edition continues the title's contemporary emphasis and is aimed at students studying microeconomics in their first or second years. It provides fresh insights into information technology, expanded coverage of strategic behaviour and a new chapter on auctions featuring fresh research.
Published February 1st 1999 by W. W. Norton & Company (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Intermediate Microeconomics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intermediate Microeconomics

Clarisa Doval
Pretty good, even if you start from a low level.
Jake Losh
Varian's Intermediate Microeconomics is a fantastic introduction to microeconomic theory. Particularly in the early phase of my first-year graduate economics course work, I often turned to it to gain intuition. It stands the test of time as a great reference.
M
One of the few textbooks I have read almost cover-to-cover. Complete with rather horrific economic jokes (like hitfrogs targeting a scorpion's family). Unfortunately, I have to go over the entire thing again, especially the formulae.
zltg
It's an easy and comfortable subject to begin with. The author did a good job explain things in detail. Probably too much detail.
Daniel Babiak
Not for applied folks. If you're interested in joining the tribe however, **THIS IS THE BOOK YOU HAVE TO, HAVE TO READ**
Sayantani Ghosh
It is a beginner's best friend.
Bruno Teixeira
I have left this book marked as "currently reading" for a long time, mainly because I frequently came back to it, in order to re-read some parts. Now, I have read the entire book at least once, some chapters twice, a few even more than that, but I'm now planing on coming back again to this, so I'm changing the shelve to "read".
Fran
Note to self: The most difficult book ever! Main text for Basic Microeconomics course under Prof. Kiyoshi Taniguchi (Ohio State 2001), Fall Term 2003; and Microeconomics course under Prof. Yuichiro Yoshida (Boston College 2001), Winter Term 2004. International Development Program, International University of Japan
Julia
I will probably have this textbook again but I really do not think it is very clear for people who do not have background in finance.
Shingi
this is the best academic book for economists studying a degree in economists to be able to compete with international standards
Ecostudent
Great book especially for consumer theory portion.
Bill Zhou
My first introduction to intermediate microeconomics.
Jyoti
A good book to read but not for beginners...
Vadim
Отличный перевод на русский
JongGyu Lee
JongGyu Lee is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2015
Mark
Mark added it
Apr 20, 2015
Mariam Kvakhadze
Mariam Kvakhadze marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Ahmad.Jabae
Ahmad.Jabae marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Tomas Andersson
Tomas Andersson marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Ez
Ez marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Syuzanna
Syuzanna marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Laura Leon
Laura Leon marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
  • Economics of Strategy
  • The Handbook of Fixed Income Securities
  • Economics
  • Mathematics for Economists
  • The Subprime Solution: How Today's Global Financial Crisis Happened, and What to Do about It
  • Microeconomics
  • Macroeconomics (6th Edition)
Microeconomic Analysis, Third Edition The Economics of Information Technology: An Introduction Intermediate Microeconomics: With Calculus Computational Economics and Finance: Modeling and Analysis with Mathematica(r) Micro Analysis