Start by marking “Goodbye Lake Huron” as Want to Read:
Goodbye Lake Huron

Goodbye Lake Huron

Published October 20th 2013 by Wind Publications

To ask other readers questions about Goodbye Lake Huron, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goodbye Lake Huron

Sherry Chandler
Sep 03, 2014 Sherry Chandler rated it really liked it
I think sometimes we perceive pastors as two-dimensional Teflon-coated automatons, able to stand by the troubled, the grieving, with no consequences to themselves. Or as men who somehow hide behind God to keep themselves unsullied by hoi-polloi.

I have known preachers who speak to the suffering in boilerplate.

This book, written by a modest man unwilling to exploit God or his position in the (Methodist) church, brings the pastor down from the pulpit. Don Lichtenfelt shows us the scars.

It is a bo
Leatha
Oct 13, 2014 Leatha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: memoir
Don Lichtenfelt writes with candor, compassion, and clarity of the demands of a pastoral vocation. This memoir "reveals a dimension of ministry that would be significant reading for any who grieve and those who contemplate entering the parish ministry." says Dr. Wayne H. Bell, President Emeritus, Lexington Theological Seminary. Reading the meditations in this book I was struck by what it means to "minister" to others day after day with steadfast presence no matter what one's own life is like at ...more
Sean O'Bryan
Sean O'Bryan rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2015
Davina Warner
Davina Warner is currently reading it
May 06, 2014
Judith
Judith marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014