Start by marking “The Secret Things of God: Unlocking the Treasures Reserved for You” as Want to Read:
The Secret Things of God: Unlocking the Treasures Reserved for You

The Secret Things of God: Unlocking the Treasures Reserved for You

A powerful attraction exists in the universe an attraction between the Creator of the universe and the creation whom He loves. A positive, Christian alternative to The Secret, this book reveals 20 age-old secrets of God.
Published September 4th 2007 by Howard Publishing

Josh Mccoy
Jan 01, 2013 Josh Mccoy rated it really liked it
As the New Age movement gains more and more notoriety and practice, responses like this of Henry Cloud will be very useful. It is also just a good reminder of the promises of God to believers.

The book is only somewhat a response to the extraordinarily popular book The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. Byrne's book rests on the idea that you create your exterior world by drawing in positive or negative energies by orienting our interior world to align with them. Cloud's book simply rests on God's promise t
Jwhetstone
Apr 12, 2012 Jwhetstone rated it really liked it
Definitely helping me become healthy emotionally. Very good insights that are extremely helpful with my understanding and relationship with God. Getting me unstuck after disappointments in life
Liz Fischer
May 08, 2014 Liz Fischer rated it really liked it
This book is written as a Christian response to the popular book The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. It covers secrets of God about Himself, our purpose, relationships, and happiness. Written by a Christian psychologist, it shows how God's wisdom is supported by medical research. I really
liked it.
Diane Fournier
Jan 06, 2014 Diane Fournier rated it really liked it
Excellent book, can pick any chapter as it applies and really makes you think and is so encouraging when you are in a struggle.
Kathryn Davis
Apr 16, 2014 Kathryn Davis rated it really liked it
Very insightful and thought provoking. We need to have a life centered on God and trusting Him. He is our source, but He will use people as channels for delivery.
Joseph
Oct 21, 2014 Joseph rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
Another CD audio listening that I had in the car driving to and from work. I liked it and maybe would have done a 4 star, but it turned at times to counseling for yourself on other matters and a bit marriage counseling. Some of that I skipped and it didn't apply to me, but overall it was good. It was a nice relaxing listening while stuck in traffic.

The one thing that I liked best was when he said about when people always say that they trust in God. He was saying he has heard from people that alw
Leah
May 16, 2011 Leah rated it liked it
I've read a lot of Dr. Cloud's books and this one just seemed like a giant mishmash of all of them. It's very good and the principles are great, but I rather didn't like that it has to be considered the "Christian" version of the very popular secular book "The Secret." He talks about relationships, success, loving one's self. It was very good, but again, I'd rather just read one of his topical books instead.
Tess Rupprecht
May 17, 2009 Tess Rupprecht rated it it was ok
Shelves: just-curious
If you wanted to read a Christian counterpart of the book the Secrets, then you can begin with this one. Once you have grasp the concept and reality of the spiritual realm then you can move towards other matured Christian books. I would recommend any books from Charles Capps since he has a lot to say on this issue.
Joshua Gage
May 16, 2016 Joshua Gage rated it liked it
This is a solid introduction to spiritual life, but Cloud tends to skim the surface of real problems that people have. While it's true that many can place their faith in God and God's help, there are those who have deeper emotional and psychological problems that need a special set of skills to solve along side God's help. Cloud mentions these, but does not dig deeper.
Hollie
Mar 31, 2008 Hollie rated it it was amazing
I have been reminded that our God is a loving God and our Salvation is only through Christ.What I've learned is that so many of us miss the boat here on this earth with the blessings He has for us, if we would just KNOW Him. Getting to KNOW Him means action on our part. I love our God, our creator, our Heavenly Father. Awesome Book!!
Mindi
Aug 14, 2016 Mindi rated it it was amazing
Excellent. A discipleship book to shape your thinking. It is an excellent book which helps to explain trusting God, relationships and emotional health. I love it too much; I bragged on it and gave it away to someone who needed it more. I may buy another copy and re-read it now that I am a psych nurse.
Mindy
Jul 01, 2010 Mindy rated it liked it
While I really liked this book and it spoke directly to me and what I'm struggling with right now, it wasn't a quick read and I struggled to get through it. If anyone has questions about God or Christianity (or even if you don't) - I'd suggest it, however don't go into it thinking that it will be a light-hearted book that captures your interest and makes you want to stay up late reading!
Linda
Feb 19, 2008 Linda rated it it was amazing
The book was very helpful in learning coping mechanisms when dealing with issues we all face daily. I was using the book The Secret to achieve some goals in life. This book has taken some of the premises of The Secret and added God to them - which is what was missing from The Secret. God.
Krista G.
Sep 01, 2012 Krista G. rated it really liked it
I read this book several years ago when I was going through a real struggle and was still quite 'green' in my faith walk. It was a tremendous help in such a difficult time. It has some great little nuggets regardless where you are in your journey!
Sara
Nov 13, 2008 Sara rated it really liked it
I am so glad the Cloud gave a Christian response to The Secret so that people could realize the role that God plays in our lives. We may have the power to change our future, but it is God's love that allows us to move forward.
Michelle Barringer
Nov 17, 2013 Michelle Barringer rated it it was amazing
This book is full of truths in an easy-to-understand way! Dr. Cloud illuminated understanding about real things we humans struggle with like anger, guilt, and relationships! I appreciate his faithfulness to God's Word! I highly recommend this book.
Nicole Peplinski
Jan 17, 2016 Nicole Peplinski rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I'm half way through reading this again for a second time. This book is incredible. It has so many take aways. Be sure to keep a highlighter and notepad with you when you read it! I highly recommend this book.
Judi
Sep 22, 2012 Judi added it
Shelves: spiritual
I saw the video version of this on Pay-per-view. It is a fantastic follow up to "The Secret". Leaving behind the materialistic focus of "The Secret", this book/dvd focuses on the things that really matter.
Donna
Nov 12, 2015 Donna rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
This is a really good book and I wish I'd read it a long time ago. I think everyone should take the time to read this book. I found that certain parts of it really spoke to me and helped me with things that have been bothering me for most of my life.
Muriel
Jul 03, 2015 Muriel rated it really liked it
I got a lot out of this book. Had borrowed it, and had to go and buy my own copy to keep for re-reads. Very readable language, which is good when you are reading it while under emotion.
Gary
Jul 28, 2008 Gary rated it liked it
Interesting interpretations. I don't agree with all that is said in this book, but I found it interesting and enlightening.
Kathryn
Oct 01, 2008 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
This book will teach you happiness, relationships, strengths, and your purpose. I Truly believe everyone should read this if they want to make life work.
Michael
Apr 03, 2009 Michael rated it liked it
Sort of the Christian version of 'The Secret'. I didn't agree with everything in the book, but there were some really good nuggets of information that made the book well worth reading.
Clayton
Oct 19, 2008 Clayton rated it really liked it
I have also watched the video which is a little hokey, but I liked the ideas in the book. It adds God to the idea of "The Secret"
Wanda Hamilton
Nov 10, 2009 Wanda Hamilton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Amazing book. A must read for those who would like to put power and truth behind the secret.
Tracy Shea
Jun 01, 2008 Tracy Shea rated it it was amazing
For everyone struggling to find their place in this world or just one simple answer. This is inspiring and makes it clear how truly tangible a great life can be.
Leslie Yong
Jan 27, 2013 Leslie Yong rated it it was amazing
this a yet another good book written by Dr. Henry Cloud, that is worth reading and serve as a reference on all those 'secret' things that were listed in the book.
Kay
Kay rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2008
Gay Idle
Gay Idle rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2011
J.M. Hochstetler
J.M. Hochstetler rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
  • Anger: Handling a Powerful Emotion in a Healthy Way
  • Jerusalem Countdown, Revised and Updated: A Prelude To War
  • Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye?: Trusting God with a Hope Deferred
  • The Secret to True Happiness: Enjoy Today, Embrace Tomorrow
  • What Is He Thinking??: What Guys Want Us to Know About Dating, Love, and Marriage
  • When GOD Winks on Love: Let the Power of Coincidence Lead You to Love
  • Discerning the Will of God: An Ignatian Guide to Christian Decision Making
  • The Art of Thinking: A Guide to Critical and Creative Thinking
  • Grace Walk: What You've Always Wanted in the Christian Life
  • Relaxation Revolution: The Science and Genetics of Mind Body Healing
  • Healing Is a Choice: 10 Decisions That Will Transform Your Life and 10 Lies That Can Prevent You from Making Them
  • Rumors of Another World: What on Earth Are We Missing?
Dr. Cloud has written or co-written twenty-five books, including the two million-seller Boundaries. His most recent books are Boundaries for Leaders and Necessary Endings. He has earned three Gold Medallion awards, and was awarded the distinguished Retailers Choice award for God Will Make A Way.

As president of Cloud-Townsend Resources, Dr. Cloud has produced and conducted hundreds of public semina
More about Henry Cloud...

“when I talk to people about God and find out they have lost interest in him because of goofy expressions of faith by strange people, I always want to say, “Don’t do that!”—don’t get turned off because of one weirdo or one bad experience. That would be like going out to eat, having a bad meal, and deciding to never go to another restaurant.” 1 likes
“finding the other person’s heart is more important than getting that person to see that you are right.” 1 likes