Start by marking “The Dandelion Insurrection: Love and Revolution” as Want to Read:
The Dandelion Insurrection: Love and Revolution

The Dandelion Insurrection: Love and Revolution

In a time that looms around the corner of today, in a place on the edge of our nation, it is a crime to dissent, a crime to assemble, a crime to stand up for one's life. Despite all this - or perhaps because of it - the Dandelion Insurrection appeared . . .

Under a gathering storm of tyranny, Zadie Byrd Gray whirls into the life of Charlie Rider and asks him to become the v
Published November 8th 2013 by Rising Sun Press Works

To ask other readers questions about The Dandelion Insurrection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dandelion Insurrection

Dariel
Oct 28, 2013 Dariel rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE

I feel like I have lived my life so that I could read this book and be inspired to action...Right now.

Rivera Sun has created the story of our time. A government running out of control, devouring the health and well-being of its own people to feed the greed of a tiny few. She tells the story of the heart of the people rising with the strength of love and joy to take back their birthright and their power.

This book is told in that can't put it down, gotta read faster but don't want it to ever end

Land Cook
Nov 08, 2013 Land Cook rated it it was amazing
No matter the circumstances of your life, Rivera Sun's words will inspire you to step back into the dance of life with utter abandon and full of joy. She has a way of liberating the rebel in your heart whether you are a tea drinking hippy or a 9-5 desk jockey in the corporate world! A must read.
J. Michel
Nov 07, 2013 J. Michel rated it it was amazing
There aren't enough stars to pay homage to how amazing this book is, but since Goodreads only allows me to give five stars, I'll have to settle for that. The Dandelion Insurrection is so much more than a book; it's a much needed gift that the author has lovingly presented to the world. After experiencing The Dandelion Insurrection, I knew that there would need to be changes made before the country unravels to the disturbing state that was described in this novel.

The relationships that are formed
Mari Faith
Nov 07, 2013 Mari Faith rated it it was amazing
Rivera Sun is an author in a league of her own. Her writing is like inspirational poetry in motion. Reading The Dandelion Insurrection is not an exercise in futility nor like steeping yourself in rhetoric. It’s more like steeping yourself in a healing herbal infusion of dandelion tea. It will move you to take non-violent actions towards the best world and love that we know in our hearts we can co-create. Reading Rivera’s words took me through every emotion our humanity bestows upon us. Her ...more
Cindy Reinhardt
Nov 07, 2013 Cindy Reinhardt rated it it was amazing
What's not to like about a revolution powered by love? "When fear is used to control, love is how we rebel." Rivera Sun is an amazing author and activist. She's written another story for our times, one that is needed to help pave the way to creating a world that works for all. Thank you Rivera for your brilliance and your inspiration!
Nick
Jan 05, 2015 Nick rated it really liked it
This imperfect, somewhat fractured, perhaps too short and certainly incomplete book is well worth reading. It is not a novel, and thus perhaps requires that we try to put the people that we know into the applicable slots. I myself, for example, can imagine many strong Inez's trying by hook or by crook to survive as migrants in a hostile social environment. It is a more-or-less coherent (the extractive invasion seems somewhat forced though quite real) collection of allegorical vignettes, ...more
Bruce
Apr 03, 2014 Bruce rated it it was amazing
The closest parallel to today came in the late 19th century, when the lackeys of robber barons were literally depositing sacks of money on the desks of pliant legislators. The great jurist Louis Brandeis noted that the nation had a choice: “We can have a democracy or we can have great wealth in the hands of a few,” he said. “But we cannot have both.” Soon thereafter America reached a tipping point. Public outrage gave birth to the progressive era, in which the nation’s first campaign finance ...more
Kathi Pacheco-moore
Oct 03, 2016 Kathi Pacheco-moore rated it it was amazing
I. LOVED. THIS. BOOK!
Nowick
Feb 06, 2016 Nowick rated it really liked it
In The Dandelion Insurrection the focus of the revolution is on a “politics of love” more than on a socialist manifesto of equality and ownership of production. Yet it serves a pragmatic purpose portraying a social movement of struggle, activism, and nonviolent resistance. (Sun even includes an appendix from noted researcher Gene Sharp with his 198 methods of nonviolent action.) Success hinges—both on the front lines of confrontation and in the overall power dynamics of a nation—on persuasion of ...more
Deborah Cooper
Sep 07, 2016 Deborah Cooper rated it it was amazing
Inspiring story set in a dystopian near future, where love does indeed conquer all. I also recommend the author Rivera Sun's podcast, Love and Revolution Radio, on topics of peace and justice activism.
Donnal Walter
Jul 07, 2015 Donnal Walter rated it it was amazing
Shelves: social-justice
Fun and inspiring are the first two words I would use to describe this thoroughly modern novel. Rivera Sun weaves social, political, economic, romantic, linguistic, agrarian, and technological themes, not to mention justice, into a thrilling plot without getting bogged down or oversimplifying (much).

What makes this book fun is the poetic style and engaging characters. What makes it inspiring is an unflinching commitment to loving transformation and non-violent revolution in the face of grave da
Brian Heater
Dec 07, 2013 Brian Heater rated it it was amazing
A must read book! Inspiring and powerful. Rivera Sun's novel moves us into action with hope and love. A timely novel that awakens you to the potential of a beautiful world. For life, liberty and love! I highly recommend this book.
Glen Gersmehl
May 21, 2016 Glen Gersmehl rated it it was amazing
That all too rare novel on the subject of social change by someone who knows what that looks like from the inside; I was equally moved by her writing style that offered fresh, creative, energizing passages on virtually every page of the novel. . .
Moti Rieber
Sep 04, 2016 Moti Rieber rated it really liked it
A tale of nonviolent revolution in a not-too-distant American future where the constitution is in tatters. The author is the co-host of "Love and Revolution Radio" and is a prominent NV trainer and activist as well as an author. Well worth reading.
Dee
Jul 04, 2015 Dee rated it it was amazing
An amazing, poetic invocation of Love and the power of ordinary people. The author's hope and faith are contagious and beautiful.
Allison
Oct 07, 2015 Allison rated it it was ok
Super cute book from a local artist ( I grabbed it in Madrid, NM), and I liked the overall theme of love and revolution, but thought it was v simplistic.
Patti Emerson
Apr 08, 2014 Patti Emerson rated it it was amazing
A must READ !!!! This is a book that with the way our world is today is a must !!!please share !!
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2015
Houston Wood
Houston Wood rated it it was ok
Aug 30, 2015
Tricia Gragg
Tricia Gragg rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2015
Asante
Asante rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2015
Jillian Cornell
Jillian Cornell rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2014
Linda Woodrow
Linda Woodrow rated it did not like it
Sep 12, 2014
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2014
Mar
Mar rated it it was ok
Aug 19, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2014
David Sabaroff
David Sabaroff rated it really liked it
May 18, 2014
Pat
Pat rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2015
Meredith Downing
Meredith Downing rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2014
Norm
Norm rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2014
  • Jack Canon's American Destiny
  • Serranto's Redemption (Breaking Out)
  • D-Card
  • Hazards on the Hardwood
  • Killing Machine: The American Presidency in the Age of Drone Warfare
  • Running From Giants: The Holocaust Through the Eyes of a Child
  • The War on Science Goes Batshit
  • The Gift (The Chronicles of Malachai #1)
Rivera Sun has red hair, a twin sister, and a fondness for esoteric mystics. She went to Bennington College to study writing as a Harcourt Scholar and graduated with a degree in dance. She founded Rising Sun Dance & Theater, which tours a series of much-loved plays throughout the USA. She lives in an earthship house in New Mexico, where she grows tomatoes, bakes sourdough bread, and writes ...more
More about Rivera Sun...