Start by marking “Overcoming Thyroid Disorders: A Holistic Approach to Treating Thyroid Disorders Including Hypothyroidism, Graves' Disease and Hashimoto's Disease: See How a Natural Treatment Program Can Reverse Many Chronic Disorders Including Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fa...” as Want to Read:

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Dr. Brownstein will show you why there is so much misinformation about thyroid disorders. This book comtains all new information on how to implement a safe and effective natural regiment to treat thyroid disorders including: Graves' disease, Hashimoto's disease, and hypothyroidism. This book contains two new chapters which provide the latest information on how to holistica ...more
Unknown Binding, 256 pages
Published December 7th 2009 by Medical Alternatives Press (first published April 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Overcoming Thyroid Disorders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Overcoming Thyroid Disorders

anne
Written on a very basic level. But, that's okay. I don't want to be able to speak fluent thyroid-ese, I just want to help aim people in the right direction. I'm excited for day #2 of my next menstrual cycle so I can start taking my basal body temp and figure out what's up with my tired little thyroid. Good times!
Michelle Johnson
It was VERY repetitive. Some good info. But it could have been summarized in a blog article and saved me the $20 I paid for it. Okay, harsh. I didnt learn much new info, but someone new to a healthy lifestyle might learn a lot.
Emily
So informative. Even if you don't have a thyroid issue, this book is worth a read. It's very helpful on how to improve your health for everyday living.
Sydney Walker
Helped me better understand Hashimoto's and to know what kinds of questions to ask. I have now read it again, and I know that most western medical doctors aren't looking at the whole problem, just giving a pill to make the problem go away. I was told by one doctor that I needed to stop reading because he was the authority. Needless to say, I didn't go back and have since found a doctor that has me on Amour. Thank you Dr. Brownstein for writing this book!
JenJenBoBin
*****5 Stars*****

First of all it was a free book all I had to pay was shipping! Secondly I found myself going "hey that's me" way to often and thinking if I could only find a Dr. like him to help me get better it would be amazing. I have emailed the Author in hopes that he can put me in touch with someone in my area that accepts my insurance. If I was wealthy I wouldn't hesitate to travel to Bloomfield, MI to see him in person. He gets "it"!!!
Kathi
Brownstein is a physician and Medical Director for the Center for Holistic Medicine in Bloomfield, MI. This book is a great beginner reference book for individuals with thyroid disorders. Brownstein discusses the various possible relationships between thyroid functioning and chronic pain, fibromyalgia, hashimoto's disease, and graves' disease. He describes gluten interaction and thyroid.
The book contains a lot of good information and explanations. What makes the book better are all the patient stories of their experiences. If it wasn't for the patient stories then I would have put it away without finishing. Glad I purchased it and read it through.
LuAnn
Excellent resource, filled with more information than I've ever gotten from my doctors about how to improve my health through balancing my thyroid.
Lisa
Dec 02, 2010 Lisa added it
Another interesting read...
Maren
Maren is currently reading it
Jul 19, 2015
GT
GT marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Gitte
Gitte marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Pamela Woods
Pamela Woods marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Eva North
Eva North marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Julie Covin
Julie Covin marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Bridget Skjordahl
Bridget Skjordahl marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Susan Carr
Susan Carr marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Peggy Huckeba
Peggy Huckeba marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Ezra Romero
Ezra Romero marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Dean McCabe
Dean McCabe marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Lucio
Lucio marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Christine L. Sullivan
Christine L. Sullivan marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Whole Soy Story: The Dark Side of America's Favorite Health Food
  • Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms? When My Lab Tests Are Normal: A Revolutionary Breakthrough In Understanding Hashimoto's Disease and Hypothyroidism
  • Food and Healing
  • The Untold Story of Milk: Green Pastures, Contented Cows and Raw Dairy Products
  • Being You, Changing the World
  • Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever?
  • The EFT Manual
  • Doctor Yourself: Natural Healing That Works
  • Hashimoto's Thyroiditis: Lifestyles Interventions for Finding and Treating the Root Cause
  • Cure Tooth Decay: Heal and Prevent Cavities with Nutrition
  • The Soapmaker's Companion: A Comprehensive Guide with Recipes, Techniques & Know-How
  • The Eat-Clean Diet for Family and Kids: Simple Strategies for Lasting Health & Fitness
  • Healing the Gerson Way: Defeating Cancer and Other Chronic Diseases
  • The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook: Whole Foods Recipes for Personal and Planetary Health
  • Gone in a Heartbeat: A Physician's Search for True Healing
  • Gut and Psychology Syndrome: Natural Treatment for Autism, ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Depression, Schizophrenia
  • Why You're Dumb, Sick, & Broke: And How to Get Smart, Healthy, & Rich!
  • Coconut Oil for Beginners - Your Coconut Oil Miracle Guide: Health Cures, Beauty, Weight Loss, and Delicious Recipes
Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It Salt: Your Way to Health The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life The Guide to Healthy Eating Drugs That Don't Work and Natural Therapies That Do