Start by marking “Life's A Cappella (A Cappella, #1)” as Want to Read:
Life's A Cappella (A Cappella, #1)

Life's A Cappella (A Cappella #1)

I want to tell you how great my life was. How I lived without regrets. With constant laughter. Without any tears. I want to tell you how I lived each moment to the fullest. How each breath I took was fresh and full of life. With eagerness. Without any fear.
I want to tell you all of that, but then my story would be masked with lies and not worth telling.
My life didn’t start
Published November 15th 2013 by Yessi Smith (first published November 13th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Life's A Cappella, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life's A Cappella

Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book - Life's A Cappella
Author - Yessi Smith
Publication Date - November 15, 2013
Type - Stand Alone
Genre - New Adult, Romance, Self-Discovery
Rating - 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

Book provided by Author in exchange for an honest review

Synopsis

I want to
Just My Bucking Book Blog
Disclaimer: I received a ARC copy of Life's A Cappella from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Title: Life's A Cappella
Author: Yessi Smith
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Series: None
Publication Date: November 15th, 2013

5 BUCKING STARS!

You know when you find a book that makes you so happy and sad at the same time and you can't bring yourself to do anything but love it whole? Life's A Cappella is that book for me. I fell whole heartedly in love with it and it's characters that I
Silla Webb
Apr 14, 2014 Silla Webb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Neeny Boucher
May 18, 2015 Neeny Boucher rated it it was amazing
***Five Stars***

I know it is early in the year, but I can safely say that this book will be on my list of favorites for 2104. Also, I don't read a lot of New Adult, but this book might change my mind. One of the first things I'd like to state before getting to the review is how I enjoyed Yessi Smith's writing style. Her direct style appealed to both my head and my heart. There were no wasted words and nothing was over-written.

From the opening chapter, I knew that this work would give me a massi
StephanieThe BookHooker
Print Length: 273 pages
Format: eARC
Source: via tour host
Overall Rating: 5 Stars

I want to tell you all of that, but then my story wou
My Secret Book Spot
Mar 27, 2014 My Secret Book Spot rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
“Life’s A Cappella” by Yessi Smith
5 out of 5 stars

I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars because it is so good. I typically read for entertainment and a bit of escape. I tend to like series because I get invested with each new set of characters and I like to live in their world while I’m reading about them. For that brief moment in time they are very real to me. This book was like a punch in the gut. It grabbed me and took me on an emotional ride. The story of Erin and her journey is he
Christy
Dec 26, 2013 Christy rated it it was amazing
**ARC**

Erin needed to leave her past behind, everything that she hated about her old life. She went off to college and never looked back at the mother that abused her mentally and let men abuse her physically, so that she could get her next fix. Erin did the only thing she could, and that was move to a new state, change her name and start fresh. She never thought that her past would come back and haunt her 4 years later.

Erin moved to Miami and the first person she met and became friendly with
The Book and The Harlot's Blog
Life’s a Cappella put me a little out of my comfort zone. I normally read hardcore, rip-your-clothes-off Romance. While, there are a few hot sex scenes throughout this book, the entirety doesn’t hinge on those alone. Even without the sex, this book would still do amazing! I must say Yessi blew it out of the water with her debut novel. It focuses more on the dramatic back-story of it’s characters and the current situations they find themselves in.

Erin is, quite possibly, one of the greatest hero
Donna
Feb 05, 2014 Donna rated it it was amazing
WOW, this book was incredible!! Erin Lewis is running from a horrible past that she wishes she could forget. Her mother was a poor excuse for a parent, leaving her alone for days, passed out drunk or high when she was home and never enough food for a growing child. This is just the stuff I feel comfortable telling you! As soon as Erin (that’s her name now) turned 18 she took off and reinvented herself or at least tried too. She is determined to make something of her life. She has put herself ...more
Haveyoureadbookblog
Nov 25, 2013 Haveyoureadbookblog rated it it was amazing
The Author gave me a free arc copy for an honest review...

Life's a Capella

First of I would like to say that I loved the playlist for this book. Every song fit right with what was happening at the moment. This book caught my attention from the beginning, it's not your usual girl meets alpha male and falls in love story it's about a trouble young women(Erin) who had a very difficult past, but was strong enough to leave it behind and start a new life with new people, in a new state. Erin was an ab
Yolanda March
Jan 24, 2014 Yolanda March rated it it was amazing
Life’s a Cappella by Yessi Smith
Review
This is the story of Erin Lewis a young lady who left her life in Alabama because of her horrid past. She completed her education and was about to graduate from her nursing program.
Erin has a wonderful group of friends, her best friend Camilla was like her sister. They go away for a vacation and that’s where she meets Trent. Trent is a nice guy and she loves being with him. The begin a great relationship. Everything is going so well until there is a knock on
Ashley
Feb 02, 2014 Ashley rated it it was amazing
The first thing I have to say about this book is that I was not prepared for the emotional roller coaster ride that it took me on. Life's A Cappella by Yessi Smith was a wonderful read that had me frustrated, laughing, and teary eyed several times. It pulled me in from the first paragraph and wouldn’t let me go till the end. The main character Erin Lewis is strong, stubborn, and beautiful. She has no idea though and can be very obstinate when it comes to what she believes to point of making me ...more
Amanda
Nov 16, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Leaving behind not only your life, your 'family', everything you know, even your name, like you never existed, would be something that would bring most people to their knees! But not Erin Lewis.....she started over completely with the intent of never looking back to any of those things. Leaving behind everything, except her music....the one thing that saved her! Not knowing that one day, a part of the biggest thing she left behind, the thing that completely broke her, would be the one thing to ...more
Natalie Jones
Nov 27, 2013 Natalie Jones rated it it was amazing
Yessi will have you on an emotional rollercoaster. I did some ugly crying reading this book. Erin just wants to forget the past that she left behind in Alabama and start her new life in Miami. With new best friends, well first best friends, she has learned a new life is what she needed. In life you never what is going to happen and it can always throw something at you to see if you will fail or succeed. Erin learns this all to well. With the loss of love and a friend you can only hope something ...more
☮ Syrina ☮ RWBR
Jan 28, 2014 ☮ Syrina ☮ RWBR rated it it was amazing
I have a book hangover this morning and my eyes are bloodshot over the heartache, grief, tragic loss, emotional turmoil, and the innocence lost in this utterly profound and moving story.

Erin was a captivating young woman who went through absolute torture in her childhood at the hands of her mother and her addictions. She learns to overcome her anger and anxiety of her horrible past with music, food, friends and love.

Shayna was so lovely, my heart bleed for her and her confusion and pain. I wept
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Dec 15, 2013 Amazeballs Book Addicts rated it it was amazing
Erin has had a tough life. She has fled her past, changed her name, and made a new life for herself. While with her best friend Camilla she meets Trent. The scene where Trent and Erin meet is really funny. Erin and Trent start a relationship. When Erin's past clashes with her present, it really throws her off.

The characters where very well written and it was easy to connect with them. The story switches back from Erin and Shayna' s view. When I was reading, I wasn't sure who Shayna was. When it
Shell
Dec 11, 2013 Shell rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a debut novel! I was hooked on this real rollercoaster of emotions right from the prologue. Erin moves away from everything and everyone to build her self a new life. She gets new friends and starts to make a real go of her fresh start, things are looking up for Erin...until it all comes crashing down.
I laughed and I cried. It is a really moving story.
I am so glad that I was asked to read this book for a review. This new author is a special find.
In the end I finished reading with a
Lydia H
Feb 05, 2014 Lydia H rated it it was amazing
An emotional, heart-breaking, and truly profound story! Life’s A Capella was more than just another book to me…it was an experience. I felt as if I had lived every single event right alongside Erin. Truly fantastic!

Since this is a book you have to read to fully grasp its amazingness, I will discuss it in general but not go into any of the details. I don’t want to ruin it for you. Safe to say, I devoured it and could not put it down!
“I learned at a very young age that home was not a place I wan
Jodie Squelch
Nov 24, 2013 Jodie Squelch rated it it was amazing
First sign of a good book for me……Is not being able to put it down......this book did not let me down.
I read the whole story in one sitting….
A Simply Amazing debut novel....
This story introduces you to Erin Lewis......a young woman, who at the tender age of eighteen flies from her home town of Alabama to Miami......she leaves everything behind including her name.
All Erin wants is to create a new safe life but most importantly to escape her past which has left her broken....
Like the saying goes ‘
Michelle Horst
May 10, 2014 Michelle Horst rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Michelle by: Jill Sava
I started writing this review when I was in the middle of the book, so I wouldn’t miss saying something.
Yessi Smith has a way of taking what is an emotional life and weaving it into the most breathtaking story, I’m sure most can relate to – I sure can. By the way, Yessi – I used more than one toilet roll!
There are huge spoilers in my review so don’t say I didn’t warn you. This is your last chance to stop reading….in 3…2…1…
The first time the story hit me hard – really hard was when Trent compared
Jen Cothran
Dec 15, 2013 Jen Cothran rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jen by: Tyeesha Webb
This is an amazing story of one woman's strength and drive to be better than her beginnings. Erin's story is of accepting things you can't change, dealing with life's journey and making the best of it. Even when Erin is at her lowest she finds the inner strength to pull up her big-girl panties and forge on. I loved the realism of the journey and the authors lack of sugar-coating issues that needed to be addressed. A love story within a journey of acceptance and strength and lots of love.

Erin "w
Jen Cothran

Erin "w
Cassy Witthar
Feb 06, 2014 Cassy Witthar rated it it was amazing
ARC received in exchange for honest review.

Wow! What an emotional roller coaster ride! I loved it! This book drew me in from page one. I couldn't put it down. The characters were so well developed I really felt a connection. Erin's character in particular really got to me. I laughed with her, I cried with her, my heart broke along with hers. I cheered her on. I wanted to smack her upside the head a couple of times as well.

Erin Lewis left her previous life behind wanting to forget about her horri
Melissa
Feb 06, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Life’s A Cappella by: Yessi Smith

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Erin Lewis has had it hard, so bad that she leaves everything she knows behind to start again. From a trailer in Alabama to beach in Miami she starts again, changes her name, goes to college, and meets new friends in an attempt to hide her old life. Her old life was riddled with drugs, violence, and abuse. In Florida, Erin, finds a new tight group of friends and sweet boyfriend, Trent. Everything in Erin’s life
Tara
Dec 10, 2013 Tara rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy from the author for an honest review

When I first looked up Ms. Smith’s book, my first thought was “This cover is beautiful!” It fits the character of Erin perfectly. The haunted expression and the toned out colors are genius.

The reoccurring thought that I have when thinking about this book is “whirlwind of emotion”. As a reader, we are put through an onslaught of feelings. It was as if Ms. Smith wanted to test us to see if we were capable of empathy, hatred, love…the whol
Nerd Alert
Feb 07, 2014 Nerd Alert rated it it was amazing
Life's A Cappella
By - Yessi Smith
*****I was given an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review*****
At the age of 18, Erin Lewis found the courage and determination to leave her hometown in Alabama. She left behind her past, her mother, her friends, even her real name. She left it behind to go somewhere else and start her life the way she wanted it, fresh and new with her past behind her.
...My life didn't start until I left my past...
Erin is now a 22 year old woman who has been living
Liza
Apr 17, 2014 Liza rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC for an honest review

Life's A Cappella will give you more than what you asked for in a
book.

Life's A Cappella is a pretty emotional book for me. It's the kind of book that makes you want to step back and look at life a little differently after reading it. That's what it did to me.

I liked it a lot. The plot, the serious and funny tones blended well together. It started out really dark for me but it redeemed itself with the beauty of Erin's life and the people she have met.

Also,
Stacey Medak
Dec 15, 2013 Stacey Medak rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
**ARC from the Author for an honest review**

Wow! First, this was an amazing story by Yessi Smith! I didn't count how many times I cried, but I know it was a lot. It was heart wrenching, but an absolute wonderful story to read.

Yessi Smith captured the hurt, pain, friendship and love in this story about a girl named Erin Lewis. It was heartbreaking at times and I wasn't sure how to deal with the pain because you could feel it along with the characters in the book.

You will understand what I am ta
Kat
May 01, 2014 Kat rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance 17+ yrs
Recommended to Kat by: Tyeesha Webb
Shelves: books-reviewed
Four years after leaving Alabama, Erin Lewis is finally happy with her life, she has a small apartment is nearing the completion of her Nursing Degree which she has worked to put herself through and she has a small group of friends and a BFF Cam, who treats her like a sister. Then on a trip to the Keys with her friends she meets Trent. Trent is a good guy he is just what Erin needs and deep down wants (really badly), and thank goodness he sticks it out through her insecurities and is there to ...more
A Risque' Affair Book Blog
Jan 27, 2014 A Risque' Affair Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Erin has a wonderful group of friends, her best friend Camilla was like her sister. They go away for a vacation and that’s where she meets Trent. Trent is a nice guy and she loves being with him. The beginning of a great relationship. Everything is going so well until there is a knock on Trent’s door that changes her
SALE!! 2 11 Nov 25, 2013 01:27AM
  • Toxic (Better Than You, #1)
  • A Hero's Heart
  • The Perfect Distraction (Perfect, #1)
  • Covered in Coal (Buried Secrets, #1)
  • Violet Addiction
  • The Unknown (Flawed, #1)
  • Behind the Lens (Behind the Lives, #3)
  • The Promise (The Promise, #1)
  • Right Now (Seduced, #1)
  • Infatuated
  • I Breathe You
  • The Light in the Wound (The Light in the Wound, #1)
  • Sex in the Title: A Comedy about Dating, Sex, and Romance in NYC (Back When Phones Weren't So Smart)
  • Give Me Reason (Reason, #1)
  • Fallen for You (The Killer Next Door, #1)
  • Oceans Collide (Oceans Trilogy, #1)
  • Reaching Out for You (Never Letting Go, #1)
  • Beautiful Mess (Beautiful Mess #1)
Yessi Smith lives in South Florida with her husband and two sons. She is also owned by a neurotic Border Collie and “ferocious” Rottweiler.

She has a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management and a Master’s in Human Resource Management and has held several jobs, from picking up dog poop to upper management positions. And now she hopes to leave the business world behind so she can live full time in
More about Yessi Smith...

A Cappella (2 books)
  • Our A Cappella (A Cappella, #1.5)

“Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all.  Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved but have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours...”   -Ayn Rand” 2 likes