Start by marking “Rawsome!” as Want to Read:
Rawsome!

Rawsome!

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A raw foods diet advocates exactly that: eating raw foods. No cooking, no grilling, no steaming, no application of high temperatures. Why? Because eating food closest to its natural state engenders a tremendous exchange of energy between food and body. The result, over time, is a feeling of buoyant, radiant health. Tackling head-on the skepticism likely to greet proponents ...more
Published March 15th 2004 by Basic Health Publications

To ask other readers questions about Rawsome!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rawsome!

Hazellie
This book inspired me to try eating raw. I got a lot of good information from it. I am not fully raw, but I'm eating more raw than I did before and perhaps one day when I'm ready, I may go fully raw.
Cindy
I got a few good tips
ReadHowYouWant
A raw-foods-diet advocates exactly that: raw foods. No cooking, no grilling, no steaming, no application of heat of any kind. Why? Because eating food closest to its natural state engenders a tremendous exchange of energy between food and body. The result, over time, is a feeling of buoyant, radiant health.
sara
Feb 26, 2007 sara rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Carla
Hi there
This woman is in my Bronner documentary--she is very sharp and interesting and healthy looking. She has made me order a food dehydrator. I like the recipes in this book because they are easier than many others that I have seen.

S
Kristen
A wonderful, comprehensive look at the raw lifestyle by an amazing women (Brigette has been one of my teachers!) A very easy to understand explanation of why raw is better for our bodies, and some great recipes to accompany it!
Lori
Awesome, gives what all the vitamins you need for certain body issues. Gives recipes, some aren't that easy,,,, tells you all about all the different vegetables and what they do in your body!!! Such a great resource book!!!'
Robin
Oct 22, 2008 Robin rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Robin by: a health guru
So informative, I read it all the way through, which you don't always do with a cookbook -- but this is so much more. I can't wait to read more of this ladies books on herbology and sex even.
Carol Maskus
A perfect intro to the raw diet, with both health information and recipes. The recipes use common ingredients and many go together quickly. I love the cream of tomato soup and the Rejuvelac!
Devon
Apr 29, 2008 Devon rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those looking to include more raw foods in their diet.
Shelves: non-fiction
This book breaks down the nutritional components of your most healthiest foods, and contains some tasty recipes. I think this is definitely a handy reference to have around.
Nadhirrah
I love this book! Not only does it have good recipes that are simple to make it has tons of other information about food and how it has been used traditionally to heal.
KellyWells
excellent arguments for a raw food diet with must make recipes!
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Leisa
Leisa marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie is currently reading it
Dec 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Beauty by Nature The Desktop Guide to Herbal Medicine: The Ultimate Multidisciplinary Reference to the Amazing Realm of Healing Plants, in a Quick-Study, One-Stop Guide Healing Herbal Teas: A Complete Guide to Making Delicious, Healthful Beverages The Home Reference to Holistic Health and Healing: Easy-to-Use Natural Remedies, Herbs, Flower Essences, Essential Oils, Supplements, and Therapeutic Practices for Health, Happiness, and Well-Being Natural First Aid: Herbal Treatments for Ailments & Injuries/Emergency Preparedness/Wilderness Safety