Start by marking “Rawsome!” as Want to Read:
Rawsome!

Rawsome!

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  99 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Eating food closest to its natural state engenders a tremendous exchange of energy between food and body. The result, over time, is a feeling of buoyant, radiant health. Brigitte Mars presents evidence that confirms the efficacy of the raw foods diet. In addition, she points out the environmental benefits of the raw food diet, making the most of agricultural practice, and ...more
Published February 1st 2004 by Basic Health Publications

To ask other readers questions about Rawsome!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rawsome!

Fishface
Jan 30, 2016 Fishface rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook, favorites
All superlatives. I recommend this to everyone. This book has not dozens, but HUNDREDS of creative ways to incorporate more living, raw foods into your diet to maximize health and well-being. Unbelievably varied menus. Don't worry, it's 100% vegan.
Hazellie
Jun 16, 2014 Hazellie rated it really liked it
This book inspired me to try eating raw. I got a lot of good information from it. I am not fully raw, but I'm eating more raw than I did before and perhaps one day when I'm ready, I may go fully raw.
Cindy
Feb 18, 2014 Cindy rated it liked it
I got a few good tips
ReadHowYouWant
Nov 18, 2009 ReadHowYouWant rated it it was amazing
A raw-foods-diet advocates exactly that: raw foods. No cooking, no grilling, no steaming, no application of heat of any kind. Why? Because eating food closest to its natural state engenders a tremendous exchange of energy between food and body. The result, over time, is a feeling of buoyant, radiant health.
sara
Feb 26, 2007 sara rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Carla
Hi there
This woman is in my Bronner documentary--she is very sharp and interesting and healthy looking. She has made me order a food dehydrator. I like the recipes in this book because they are easier than many others that I have seen.

S
Kristen
May 25, 2016 Kristen rated it really liked it
Shelves: natural-healing
A wonderful, comprehensive look at the raw lifestyle by an amazing women (Brigette has been one of my teachers!) A very easy to understand explanation of why raw is better for our bodies, and some great recipes to accompany it!
Lori
Jan 28, 2013 Lori rated it it was amazing
Awesome, gives what all the vitamins you need for certain body issues. Gives recipes, some aren't that easy,,,, tells you all about all the different vegetables and what they do in your body!!! Such a great resource book!!!'
Robin
Oct 22, 2008 Robin rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Robin by: a health guru
So informative, I read it all the way through, which you don't always do with a cookbook -- but this is so much more. I can't wait to read more of this ladies books on herbology and sex even.
Carol Maskus
May 12, 2013 Carol Maskus rated it it was amazing
A perfect intro to the raw diet, with both health information and recipes. The recipes use common ingredients and many go together quickly. I love the cream of tomato soup and the Rejuvelac!
Devon
Apr 29, 2008 Devon rated it liked it
Recommends it for: those looking to include more raw foods in their diet.
Shelves: non-fiction
This book breaks down the nutritional components of your most healthiest foods, and contains some tasty recipes. I think this is definitely a handy reference to have around.
Nadhirrah
Sep 22, 2013 Nadhirrah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book! Not only does it have good recipes that are simple to make it has tons of other information about food and how it has been used traditionally to heal.
KellyWells
May 25, 2009 KellyWells rated it it was amazing
excellent arguments for a raw food diet with must make recipes!
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Amber Cook
Amber Cook marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Christina Miller
Christina Miller marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Angela Delglyn
Angela Delglyn rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Leah boykin
Leah boykin marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Michelle Parkinson
Michelle Parkinson marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Tysha
Tysha rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2015
Paige
Paige rated it it was ok
Sep 21, 2015
Hanad
Hanad marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Tracy Olson
Tracy Olson rated it did not like it
Aug 03, 2015
Chris Hall
Chris Hall rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
James R.
James R. rated it really liked it
May 15, 2015
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2015