Start by marking “The Bridge (Brody Law, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bridge (Brody Law, #1)

The Bridge (Brody Law #1)

His past is coming back to haunt him, and only one woman can bring this detective the redemption he needs in Carol Ericson's new miniseries, Brody Law.

Under the Golden Gate, Elise Duran refused to be a serial killer's next victim. She was the first of the abducted to survive. And Detective Sean Brody was there to make sure a second chance wouldn't be necessary.

As the elu
Published March 18th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

Tory Michaels
Mar 21, 2014 Tory Michaels rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I'm from California originally and I loved day trips down to San Francisco, so I was delighted to see that this book was set in the City by the Bay. Ms. Ericson didn't disappoint with a thrilling ride from beginning to end.

Elise - she just can't catch a break, I swear. She narrowly saves herself (and kudos for having a heroine who might've gotten kidnapped, but who when push came to shove got herself out of it). The killer of course keeps her firmly in his sights, taunting her non-stop, showing
Sue
Apr 03, 2014 Sue rated it really liked it
In The Bridge by Carol Ericson, Elise is the woman who escaped a serial killer. Sean is the detective who 'catches' her case. Sean's past shadows the present, but he will do all he can to keep Elise safe and catch a killer.

But the killer doesn't want to be stopped, he has a grudge and won't let go. He won't let the one who got away go too if he can help it. As the killer gets closer, so do Sean and Elise. The chemistry between them is just as hot as the plot is captivating! Will Sean catch a kil
BBMoreB ~
Jan 08, 2014 BBMoreB ~ rated it it was amazing
The Bridge (Brody Law #1) has Carol Ericson’s newest Intrigue mini-series, Brody Law, off to an intriguing start. Elise Duran is abducted outside a private club, the Speakeasy, but manages to narrowly escape her captor. While receiving treatment, for mild-hypothermia, at the local ER she is questioned by homicide detective Sean Brody. Every one of Sean’s instincts TBtells him this killer is not finished with her, so he offers to take Elise home after she is released. A routine check of Elisa’s a ...more
Roxann
May 01, 2015 Roxann rated it really liked it
This is the first book in a series of Brody Law. There are four brothers all involved in some kind of law enforcement.

This book is about a young woman, Elise, who is kidnapped from a night club by a serial killer. The first part of the book is how she escaped. Elise character is one spunky lady. She is independent, but yet shows a vulnerable side. She is a teacher who has only lived in San Francisco. She has a past with an ex-fiancé (who shows up in the story) and all brothers in police work in
Virginia Campbell
If you love an intense, protector hero who meets his match in a strong, intelligent heroine, then you will greatly enjoy "The Bridge", from author Carol Ericson. Kicking off her thrilling new "Brody Law" series, the author sets her story line in atmospheric San Francisco, California. Elise Duran survives the horror of a serial killer's attack, and homicide detective Sean Brody makes it his personal mission to protect the brave, beautiful crime victim and witness. However, the heinous "Alphabet K ...more
Valri Western
Mar 24, 2014 Valri Western rated it it was amazing
A serial killer is on the loose and Homicide Detective Sean Brody doesn't like that the killer is leaving him messages regarding his long-dead father. How does the killer know about that? One woman escapes the serial killer so, of course, he is going to pull out all the stops to try to kill her again! Elise turns to Sean to keep her alive! As Sean and Elise try to stay one step ahead of the killer, hidden secrets in Sean's life come to light. I really am loving this new series by Carol Ericson. ...more
JL Coy
Mar 25, 2014 JL Coy rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, the first in the Brody Law Series. Set in San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge is an integral part of the story. Elise and Sean have differing opinions of that bridge and both the light and dark side are show cased in the book.

I loved the beginning with Elise in the clutches of a serial killer, but then I thought (in spite of the continued action) that the story lagged just a bit. I wanted more of Sean Brody's story and motivation to come out long before it did. I thought t
Debbie Heaton
Apr 21, 2014 Debbie Heaton rated it it was amazing
In Ericson’s romantic intrigue novel, Elise Duran refuses to become a serial killer’s next victim. After being abducted from a nightclub parking lot, Elise fights her way to consciousness and frees herself from the confines of a trunk only to run into the water under the Golden Gate Bridge in hopes of eluding her assailant. Rescued by two city workers who hear her cries, she encounters Detective Sean Brody at the hospital. Brody is a man with a past and Elise’s story skims close to the surface o ...more
Joan
I would have liked this book a lot more had it not ended without resolving Brodie's 'back story' - it was a cliff-hanger of an ending in some respects and I think there was too much plot squeezed into too short a novel. Elise came over as selfish and self-centred. (view spoiler)

A disappointing read and I will not be following the
Karen
Apr 10, 2014 Karen rated it it was ok
Susan
Good mix of romance and suspense. Coming out of a nightclub, Elise is kidnapped by a serial killer, but manages to escape. Sean Brody is the detective assigned to her case, and is determined that the killer won't have a second chance. But it's more than protection that results, as the spunky kindergarten teacher brings some light to the darkness that haunts him.

I liked Elise. She may be a small town Montana girl, but she is smart and she is determined. She knows she is in trouble and she is more
Mary Lee
Apr 03, 2014 Mary Lee rated it really liked it
The Bridge starts with a bang. Think Criminal Minds meets a romance and you've got this novel.
Elise is a smart heroine and she escapes a serial killer by using her brain and because she's fearless.
Brody, the sexy homicide detective, is her perfect counterpoint.
Together they make for a satisfying read.
The short word count kept me from loving everything about the book. The investigation, the secondary characters, the danger...all of it was awesome, but I wish Ericson had had time to give us more
Rhonda
Dec 30, 2013 Rhonda rated it really liked it

4 STARS

I enjoyed reading The Bridge. It is full of suspense, tension, action and romance. A couple of sex scenes that I skimmed over.

The plot someone kidnapped Elise Duran but she fought and got away from him. Sean Brody is the detective and the suspect is leaving him clues. Sean has a lot of issues that the suspect is bringing up for him to deal with.

Sean is a murder detective. He is the oldest of four boys all in police field of work. His past is catching up to him. I like him.

Elise Duran is a
Joanie
Feb 07, 2016 Joanie rated it liked it
Elise survived being kidnapped at the San Francisco bridge by a serial killer but Sean Brody, a homicide detective, came to her rescue. His past came back to haunt him. Unbeknown to Elise, a GPS detector was attached to her car so the killer knew her every movement. They became lovers but who could they put the blame on for the brutal murders?
Good and quick read.
Stuart Slingsby
Dec 09, 2015 Stuart Slingsby rated it it was amazing
I got this for free on Amazon and I wasn't expecting much but what I got was a brilliant cop thriller. The storyline is Elsie is on a night out and gets kidnapped but escapes her killer. From then on she meets Detective Sean Brody and sparks fly. This isn't your typical Mills & Boons romance as the murder plot takes centre stage.

This is worth a read and I am thinking of following this series.
Tammy Yenalavitch
Mar 25, 2014 Tammy Yenalavitch rated it it was amazing
The Bridge by Carol Ericson is book one in the Brody Law series. I loved it. Sean Brody is tall , dark and hot. Elise Duran is smart and brave. This one starts out with a bang and kept me on the edge of my seat. I liked the romance too and believed Sean and Elise's connection. I am really looking forward to the rest of the books in this series. I love Carol's books.
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
*I received a free ARC of The Bridge from Harlequin Intrigue via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review*

Fantastic thriller / romance! Excellent pace and awesome characters. Full review closer to release date.

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Bonnie Drummond
Apr 28, 2015 Bonnie Drummond rated it it was amazing
Carol Ericson was done it again with a brand new series Brody Law. The first book was all some: you where on the edge of you're seat to find out what was going to happen next. It will make you think about moving some place new.
Alison
Apr 04, 2015 Alison rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable, but the red herrings weren't enough to keep me from working out the killer quite easily. Also don't like the unresolved father suicide element, which I assume is added to make you buy more books.
Peggy Clayton
May 27, 2014 Peggy Clayton rated it it was amazing
I thought Ms Ericson hit a grand slam with this one right to the GG Bridge. I thought I knew who did it but I was wrong and that is what is good about the book. She did a great job and no matter where you are in SF the GG Bridge is a landmark you never forget it is just beautiful.
Barbara Andrews
Jan 31, 2015 Barbara Andrews rated it really liked it
read in 2 days good story
Jill James
Apr 18, 2014 Jill James rated it it was amazing
Romantic. Thrilling. Exciting.
Toni
Jun 11, 2014 Toni rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the mystery of this book. Great setting choice. Plus Elise and Sean are just a great team. I would like to see these two in a series of their own.
Sara Mitchell
Jun 08, 2014 Sara Mitchell rated it really liked it
For the Harlequin Intrigue Series it was a well written story. There was a lot packed into a short book and it was interesting. The right mixture of mystery and romance.
Harlequin Books
"Ericson crafts a creepy, first-class mystery. Plenty of red herrings will keep readers guessing (RT Book Reviews)". 4 stars

Miniseries: Brody Law
Maureen Hubley
Feb 16, 2014 Maureen Hubley rated it it was amazing
The first book in the new series BRODY'S LAW kept my attention. Could not put it down til I finished. Looking forward to the next book in the series.
Ashley
Jun 15, 2014 Ashley rated it really liked it
My first Harlequin read. Overall, I thought it was pretty good.
Sonya Heaney
Review copy.
Nicolle Schippers
Nicolle Schippers rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2014
Joanne
Joanne rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Girl Next Door (Shadow Agents: Guts and Glory, #6)
  • Dade (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #2)
  • Finding Her Son (Carder Texas Connections, #1)
  • Cooper Vengeance  (Cooper, #7)
  • Primal Instinct (Instinct #1)
  • The Missing Twin
  • Cardwell Ranch Trespasser (Cardwell Ranch #3)
  • Missing (Colby Agency, #43)
  • Yuletide Protector (The Precinct Task Force, #6; The Precinct #22)
  • The Best Man to Trust (Harlequin Intrigue 1429)
  • Shadow Wolf (Apache Protectors #1)

Brody Law (4 books)
  • The District (Brody Law, #2)
  • The Wharf (Brody Law, #3)
  • The Hill (Brody Law, #4)