Start by marking “Recipe for Romance” as Want to Read:
Recipe for Romance

Recipe for Romance (Maple Woods #2)

When Scott Collins walks into the Sweetie Pie Bakery on opening day, Emily is convinced she is seeing a ghost! It has been twelve years since he left town without a word;twelve years since he shattered her teenage heart. What has brought him back to Maple Woods? And why now?

Time has only improved Emily's beauty, Scott muses. He would give anything to take away her pained e
Paperback, Harlequin Special Edition #2328, 224 pages
Published April 2014 by Harlequin Books (first published February 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Recipe for Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Recipe for Romance

Kay
Jul 06, 2014 Kay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
3 1/2 Stars ~ Twelve years ago, seventeen year-old Emily was deeply in love with her high school sweetheart, eighteen year-old Scott. Together they had plans and dreams for their wonderful future. It was all shattered, when Scott learned about a lie that his parents had told when Emily's father had died while working at his dad's construction site. Unable to cope with the lie, Scott left town without a word to anyone, not even a goodbye to the girl he loved with all his heart. Arriving back in M ...more
Tammy
Feb 06, 2014 Tammy rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. My heart hurt for the pain Scott felt at what had transpired 12 years prior, and also for the pain Emily felt at not knowing why things had ended so abruptly. I found the end to be touching and sweetly romantic. It made my heart happy. I just wish there had been a little more closure between Scott and his parents. That was the only thing holding me back from giving it 5 stars. Otherwise a very good story.
Susan
Apr 19, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it
Good book with some heavy emotions on both sides. Emily and Scott had been high school sweethearts, until the day Scott left town without speaking to her. He hasn't been back for twelve years. Now he's come back to help out his father's construction business for a few weeks. Scott has never forgotten Emily or the way he felt about her. He'd like to be with her again, but the secret that sent him running is still there.

Emily was stunned to see Scott appear at the bakery. He hasn't been back or ev
Melinda
Mar 10, 2017 Melinda rated it liked it
This story was short and sweet. That is basically it.

Twelve years ago, Scott ran away from home and his high school sweetheart, Emily, because he believed he was the source of the sadness in Emily's home life (death of her father). Now he has come back into town to help look after his father's construction company, and well Lucy (his loving older sister) kept begging him. So who does he encounter as soon as he drives back into town? Emily!

Yes there are still chemistry between the two, even tho
Jennifer Zorko
Feb 10, 2014 Jennifer Zorko rated it it was amazing
Ok, I am a sucker for second chance love stories, and Recipe for Romance by Olivia Miles is just that, a second chance with the one person that you have loved all your life.

Scott Collins lite out of town at the age of 18 taking with him a secret that he knew would distroy the one person that he loved more than anything Emily Porter. Now he is back in Maple Woods and the secret that he has been keeping from Emily for the last 12 years, the secret that has been eating him away slowly, needs to be
Gina Marie
Nov 14, 2015 Gina Marie rated it it was amazing
Recipe for Romance continues the Maple Wood series after 'Twas the Week Before Christmas. We meet Emily, a baker/waitress who lives with her sister Julia above the town diner, and is looking for an opportunity to start over. She never recovered from the disappearance of her high school sweetheart. She wants more out of life than the small town the Porters grew up in, even though she loves Maple Woods, her sister, and her best friend Lucy.
Enter Scott, disappearing ex boyfriend. Scott left maple w
Gail
Nice story. The hero and heroine were high school sweethearts until the day he left town without a word and didn't get in touch with her for the next 12 years. Now he's come back and the fireworks get started again. There's good reason for the conflict between them and it's a solid issue, but it's belabored over and over from both sides. The reconciliation between them isn't motivated very well either, though there some nice scenes between them. I would just rather have had less internal agonizi ...more
Jane
Apr 06, 2014 Jane rated it really liked it
I am not one who usually buys Harlequin books but this one caught my eye. I have never read this author before and was pleasantly surprised. I loved this book and couldn't put it down until it was finished. Then I had to read the last 50 or so pages again to make sure I didn't miss anything. I will be looking for other books by this author.
Erica
Mar 11, 2014 Erica rated it it was amazing
I am a sucker for love stories, and an even bigger sucker for people who are meant to be together finding their way back to each other. This book had both of those things. I think it was very detailed and well written. I could picture the entire story as if I were a fly on the wall. Will definitely pass this on to friends!
Harlequin Books
"Miles' heartbreaking, second-chance-at-romance story features a guilt-ridden hero and bewildered heroine. The author's intuitive dialogue adds authenticity to her small-town setting as she keeps readers guessing until the end (RT Book Reviews)". 4 stars
Tigger
Apr 09, 2014 Tigger rated it liked it
Really enjoyed!
JoAnne
Aug 03, 2014 JoAnne rated it really liked it
Read my review on RomanceJunkies.com by clicking on the link below:

Nancy
Jul 31, 2015 Nancy rated it did not like it
Don't like this kind of "backward" story..a secret based line that has extended into the present.... Bought in an hpb "brick".
Kristy
Kristy rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2015
Hillary
Hillary rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2015
Ash Kudva-shanbhag
Ash Kudva-shanbhag rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2014
Carla Flask
Carla Flask rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Dawn Plumb
Dawn Plumb rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2017
Yen
Yen rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2014
Sam Kaur
Sam Kaur rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2014
Fannishsunny
Fannishsunny rated it it was ok
Dec 16, 2015
Natasha
Natasha rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2014
Sharon Mcconkey
Sharon Mcconkey rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2014
Grace Park
Grace Park rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2015
Pam Lowery
Pam Lowery rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2014
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2015
Gladys
Gladys rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2016
Laia
Laia rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2015
Dawn Morton
Dawn Morton rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2015
Danielle
Danielle rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2016
  • Her Accidental Engagement
  • The One He's Been Looking For
  • The Prince She Had to Marry (Bravo Royales, #2)
  • Portrait of a Scandal
  • A Taste of Texas (Oak Stand, #4)
  • His Texas Forever Family (Peach Leaf, Texas #1)
  • The Secret Wife (Triple Trouble #2)
  • The Maverick's Summer Love
  • Do You Take This Rebel? (The Calamity Janes, #1)
  • Heartland Courtship (Wilderness Brides, #3)
  • Hot Latin Men: Volume II (Hot Latin Men, #1, 3.5, & 4)
  • Welcome Home, Cowboy (Wed In The West, #4)
  • The Sunshine And Biscotti Club
  • A Doctor for Keeps
  • Second Chance with Her Soldier
  • Intergalactic Heat
  • Her Valentine Sheriff (Serendipity Sweethearts, #2)
  • Following Doctor's Orders
Olivia Miles writes women's fiction and contemporary romance. A city girl with a fondness for small town charm, Olivia enjoys highlighting both ways of life in her stories. She currently resides just outside Chicago with her husband, young daughter, and two ridiculously pampered pups.

Olivia loves hearing from readers. Visit her website, www.oliviamilesbooks.com
More about Olivia Miles...

Maple Woods (2 books)