Start by marking “Recipe for Romance” as Want to Read:
Recipe for Romance

Recipe for Romance (Maple Woods #2)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  10 reviews
When Scott Collins walks into the Sweetie Pie Bakery on opening day, Emily is convinced she is seeing a ghost! It has been twelve years since he left town without a word;twelve years since he shattered her teenage heart. What has brought him back to Maple Woods? And why now?

Time has only improved Emily's beauty, Scott muses. He would give anything to take away her pained e
Paperback, Harlequin Special Edition #2328, 224 pages
Published April 2014 by Harlequin Books (first published February 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Recipe for Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Recipe for Romance

3 1/2 Stars ~ Twelve years ago, seventeen year-old Emily was deeply in love with her high school sweetheart, eighteen year-old Scott. Together they had plans and dreams for their wonderful future. It was all shattered, when Scott learned about a lie that his parents had told when Emily's father had died while working at his dad's construction site. Unable to cope with the lie, Scott left town without a word to anyone, not even a goodbye to the girl he loved with all his heart. Arriving back in M ...more
I really enjoyed this story. My heart hurt for the pain Scott felt at what had transpired 12 years prior, and also for the pain Emily felt at not knowing why things had ended so abruptly. I found the end to be touching and sweetly romantic. It made my heart happy. I just wish there had been a little more closure between Scott and his parents. That was the only thing holding me back from giving it 5 stars. Otherwise a very good story.
Good book with some heavy emotions on both sides. Emily and Scott had been high school sweethearts, until the day Scott left town without speaking to her. He hasn't been back for twelve years. Now he's come back to help out his father's construction business for a few weeks. Scott has never forgotten Emily or the way he felt about her. He'd like to be with her again, but the secret that sent him running is still there.

Emily was stunned to see Scott appear at the bakery. He hasn't been back or ev
Jennifer Zorko
Ok, I am a sucker for second chance love stories, and Recipe for Romance by Olivia Miles is just that, a second chance with the one person that you have loved all your life.

Scott Collins lite out of town at the age of 18 taking with him a secret that he knew would distroy the one person that he loved more than anything Emily Porter. Now he is back in Maple Woods and the secret that he has been keeping from Emily for the last 12 years, the secret that has been eating him away slowly, needs to be
I am not one who usually buys Harlequin books but this one caught my eye. I have never read this author before and was pleasantly surprised. I loved this book and couldn't put it down until it was finished. Then I had to read the last 50 or so pages again to make sure I didn't miss anything. I will be looking for other books by this author.
Read my review on by clicking on the link below:
I am a sucker for love stories, and an even bigger sucker for people who are meant to be together finding their way back to each other. This book had both of those things. I think it was very detailed and well written. I could picture the entire story as if I were a fly on the wall. Will definitely pass this on to friends!
Nancy Anderson
Don't like this kind of "backward" story..a secret based line that has extended into the present.... Bought in an hpb "brick".
Really enjoyed!
Harlequin Books
"Miles' heartbreaking, second-chance-at-romance story features a guilt-ridden hero and bewildered heroine. The author's intuitive dialogue adds authenticity to her small-town setting as she keeps readers guessing until the end (RT Book Reviews)". 4 stars
S marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Mary E.
Mary E. marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
JUB marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Chris marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Carey marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Jennifer Goins
Jennifer Goins marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Erin McDonough
Erin McDonough marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Shima marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Cassidy marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
  • Her Accidental Engagement
  • A Doctor for Keeps
  • A Promise for the Baby
  • Intergalactic Heat
  • The Light at the End of the Road (Romantic Ghost Stories, #2)
  • Flirting with Destiny (Welcome to Destiny, #6)
  • Hot Latin Men: Volume II (Hot Latin Men, #1, 3.5, & 4)
  • His Brown-Eyed Girl (New Orleans' Ladies, #3)
  • The Things She Says
  • Heartland Courtship (Wilderness Brides, #3)
  • Daniel's Christmas (The Night Stalkers 3)
  • Because This Is Forever
  • The One He's Been Looking For
  • I Call Myself Earth Girl
  • Circle of Deception (The Circle, #3)
  • Fever Pitch (Heavy Influence, #1.5)
  • Waking Sarah
  • Conduit
Olivia Miles is a bestselling author of contemporary romance. A city girl with a fondness for small town charm, Olivia enjoys highlighting both ways of life in her stories. She currently resides just outside Chicago with her husband, young daughter, and two ridiculously pampered pups.

Olivia loves hearing from readers. Visit her website,
More about Olivia Miles...

Maple Woods (2 books)
  • 'Twas the Week Before Christmas
Mistletoe on Main Street (Briar Creek, #1) A Match Made on Main Street (Briar Creek, #2) 'Twas the Week Before Christmas Sweeter in the Summer Hope Springs on Main Street (Briar Creek, #3)